• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect / Comic Link Wins Post em if You Got Em

72 posts in this topic

0-63 on books. Won a bunch of cheap production pieces Monday night. 12 of the bids ended in extended bidding.

Can someone explain the extended bidding? I thought bidding was suppose to end at a specific time period. Someone please educate me as to why I would want to bid on an auction that could be extended until they feel the bidding amount is high enough to finally end it. I don't believe Comic Link does that hm

That's not how it works. Any bid placed in the last 3 minutes, resets the end time a full 3 minutes.

If the auction ends at 10:30, and a bid is placed at 10:29, the new end time is 10:32.

If no bids in the last 3 minutes, it'll end at 10:30 like it's supposed to.

And this is why CC is the worst auction site imo. This is an awful way to do things.

Wow. This is new. They never used to do this. When did this start?

0-63 on books. Won a bunch of cheap production pieces Monday night. 12 of the bids ended in extended bidding.

Can someone explain the extended bidding? I thought bidding was suppose to end at a specific time period. Someone please educate me as to why I would want to bid on an auction that could be extended until they feel the bidding amount is high enough to finally end it. I don't believe Comic Link does that hm

That's not how it works. Any bid placed in the last 3 minutes, resets the end time a full 3 minutes.

If the auction ends at 10:30, and a bid is placed at 10:29, the new end time is 10:32.

And this is why CC is the worst auction site imo. This is an awful way to do things.

I don't know how new it is, but I like this feature. As a buyer, I can't get sniped and as a seller, I get trhe top dollar anyone is willing to pay.

So basically, it eliminates sniping an item. If you bid last minute/second and are high bidder, you don't win it. The bidding gets extended. Ok, great for the seller but not so good for the buyer :P Does any other auction house do this?

So basically, it eliminates sniping an item. If you bid last minute/second and are high bidder, you don't win it. The bidding gets extended. Ok, great for the seller but not so good for the buyer :P Does any other auction house do this?

This is really no different than Heritage. Bid placed, time extended. Yes, longer time, but same principle.

Almost every legit auction house does it. Heritage does it, MCS does it, Robert Edwards does it. Only one that doesn't that I'm aware of is comic Link. I have no idea what pedigree does, but they aren't legit, in my eyes.

Auctions have always been about who bids the highest, not who sneaks a bid in at a deadline.

Any idea how much shipping to Toronto would be?

I won 2 books Monday and shipping is $28.25 to Quebec so it should be similar for you.

If its Comiclink, $65 + FedEx handling fees!

Thanks and $65+ for 1 comic? There goes any deals on the cheap stuff lol. How about to the US?

Almost every legit auction house does it. Heritage does it, MCS does it, Robert Edwards does it. Only one that doesn't that I'm aware of is comic Link. I have no idea what pedigree does, but they aren't legit, in my eyes.

Auctions have always been about who bids the highest, not who sneaks a bid in at a deadline.

This topic has been beat to death but is there a good argument for a set time auction other then buyers wanting to snipe and get the lowest price possible. Would you consider live auction houses bad for the buyer when they make sure the highest bidder in the room (on the phone) gets the item? I didn't know MCS and CC use this format and I'm sure to give them my business when selling books in the future.

what if time extended by 10 seconds vs. 3 minutes... that might be the best of both worlds.

A few minutes seems very reasonable since that gives everyone a chance to think if they want to make another last ditch bid on a book.

what if time extended by 10 seconds vs. 3 minutes... that might be the best of both worlds.

That's basically what Heritage does, but it's more like 5 seconds.

... which is why they have such strong results.... not enough time to talk yourself out of upping your bid...... then you have to sell the car...... then you end up here..... where you get rode hard and put away wet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That's basically what Heritage does, but it's more like 5 seconds.

... which is why they have such strong results.... not enough time to talk yourself out of upping your bid...... then you have to sell the car...... then you end up here..... where you get rode hard and put away wet. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:roflmao: