• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect / Comic Link Wins Post em if You Got Em

72 posts in this topic

I totally forgot to wake up and try and bid on this one... I wonder if it was won by a boardie...

The book itself is a mess (married CF, tape inside) but I was super interested in the fact that it was signed BY Hal Foster, and inscribed by him to Bill Thailing...one of the OG comic dealers from the beginnings of the hobby. So I assumed that meant that the book at some point was in Bill Thailing's collection (cant imagine it was just thrown into his sales inventory after meeting Hal Foster, one of his comic creator heroes)

and yet I slept thru the auction close... doh!

jzgi4pR.jpg

i had my eye on a book too. Been looking forward to grabbing it for at least 3 weeks. I feel asleep around 10:30 (auction close was about 11).

Wouldn't you know it, the book sold for less that I was willing to pay.

in fact, the final bid had been the same bid sitting there for the entire day - no one bid close to the end. UGH!

:facepalm:

0-63 on books. Won a bunch of cheap production pieces Monday night. 12 of the bids ended in extended bidding.

Can someone explain the extended bidding? I thought bidding was suppose to end at a specific time period. Someone please educate me as to why I would want to bid on an auction that could be extended until they feel the bidding amount is high enough to finally end it. I don't believe Comic Link does that hm

That's not how it works. Any bid placed in the last 3 minutes, resets the end time a full 3 minutes.

If the auction ends at 10:30, and a bid is placed at 10:29, the new end time is 10:32.

If no bids in the last 3 minutes, it'll end at 10:30 like it's supposed to.

And this is why CC is the worst auction site imo. This is an awful way to do things.

Wow. This is new. They never used to do this. When did this start?

Didn't pedigreecomics.com started to do this first??

I always enjoy these threads. I like seeing what everyone else picked up but i am usually too lazy to post my wins. This is my only win so far in the CC auction. There is a book Friday that I would really like to have as well. :wishluck:

asm16.jpg

The more I see that cover, the more I like it.

Nice pick up (thumbs u

Couple of nice pick ups for me. OOAW #168 in high grade is a book I have wanted for quite a while, first appearance of the Unknown Soldier!

our2_2934a_zpsckioh6sy.jpg

Also an early Planet Comics #9 (although restored)

No pic as it's Voldemort.

I always enjoy these threads. I like seeing what everyone else picked up but i am usually too lazy to post my wins. This is my only win so far in the CC auction. There is a book Friday that I would really like to have as well. :wishluck:

asm16.jpg

The more I see that cover, the more I like it.

Nice pick up (thumbs u

Yep. Seems like a nice mid-grade copy was offered for sale here in the last few months that I regret not buying.

0-63 on books. Won a bunch of cheap production pieces Monday night. 12 of the bids ended in extended bidding.

Can someone explain the extended bidding? I thought bidding was suppose to end at a specific time period. Someone please educate me as to why I would want to bid on an auction that could be extended until they feel the bidding amount is high enough to finally end it. I don't believe Comic Link does that hm

That's not how it works. Any bid placed in the last 3 minutes, resets the end time a full 3 minutes.

If the auction ends at 10:30, and a bid is placed at 10:29, the new end time is 10:32.

If no bids in the last 3 minutes, it'll end at 10:30 like it's supposed to.

And this is why CC is the worst auction site imo. This is an awful way to do things.

Wow. This is new. They never used to do this. When did this start?

Didn't pedigreecomics.com started to do this first??

No. Maestro.com was doing this with the CGC books while Doug was still ripping off old ladies and had yet to flee NY State.

A breakthrough.

Strange Tales 115 6.0

Superman 14. 5.0. Sweated on this. My max bid was $1776 and with under a minute someone jumped it from $1600 to $1772.

I've wanted a nice copy of this for years.

ST 115 looked solid for the grade.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Busy last day. Lost quite a few big books that got away but managed to grab these:

str1.5554a.jpg

unc1.521a.jpg

str1.5556a.jpg

tho4.113a.jpg

Also picked up some books that were not CGC graded over the last few days:

WONDER WOMAN #105 (5.0)

MARVEL SUPER-HEROES-1967 #13 (7.5)

GHOST RIDER-1967 #1 (8.5)

DETECTIVE COMICS #441 (8.5)

WALKING DEAD #5 (9.6)

IRON FIST #1 (9.6)

MARVEL PREMIERE #1 (8.5)

MARVEL SUPER-HEROES-1967 #13 (5.5)

STAR WARS #42 (9.6)

ETERNALS, THE #2 (9.6)

MS. MARVEL #16 (9.8)

TRUE LIFE SECRETS #23 (9.4)

Not a bad week.

Snagged this one, thanks to AnkurJ for listing it up and posting about it here. Otherwise I wouldn't have even checked the auction. Been searching for a Wonder Woman 1 since Jan and 4.0s are just too high for me at the moment since we are in the process of building a new home. So this one fit the bill perfectly. Nice way to end the year.

won2.3942a_zpslfnsd1rt.jpg

Snagged this one, thanks to AnkurJ for listing it up and posting about it here. Otherwise I wouldn't have even checked the auction. Been searching for a Wonder Woman 1 since Jan and 4.0s are just too high for me at the moment since we are in the process of building a new home. So this one fit the bill perfectly. Nice way to end the year.

(thumbs u

Great acquisition. Congratulations. Very nice looking copy.