• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect / Comic Link Wins Post em if You Got Em

72 posts in this topic

0-63 on books. Won a bunch of cheap production pieces Monday night. 12 of the bids ended in extended bidding.

Can someone explain the extended bidding? I thought bidding was suppose to end at a specific time period. Someone please educate me as to why I would want to bid on an auction that could be extended until they feel the bidding amount is high enough to finally end it. I don't believe Comic Link does that hm

0-63 on books. Won a bunch of cheap production pieces Monday night. 12 of the bids ended in extended bidding.

Can someone explain the extended bidding? I thought bidding was suppose to end at a specific time period. Someone please educate me as to why I would want to bid on an auction that could be extended until they feel the bidding amount is high enough to finally end it. I don't believe Comic Link does that hm

That's not how it works. Any bid placed in the last 3 minutes, resets the end time a full 3 minutes.

If the auction ends at 10:30, and a bid is placed at 10:29, the new end time is 10:32.

If no bids in the last 3 minutes, it'll end at 10:30 like it's supposed to.

That's not how it works. Any bid placed in the last 3 minutes, resets the end time a full 3 minutes.

If the auction ends at 10:30, and a bid is placed at 10:29, the new end time is 10:32.

And this is why CC is the worst auction site imo. This is an awful way to do things.

And this is why CC is the worst auction site imo. This is an awful way to do things.

it's no different than an in person auction where an auction can go as long as there are two bidders...

of course that model is set to maximize final bid (good for the seller and the auction house)

Any way to see how much books have sold for in this auction. Not a big fan of the CC website.

If you bid on the book and lost you can click on it under Buying - bidding.

You can also click on it if you had added it to your watch list before the sale.

Any way to see how much books have sold for in this auction. Not a big fan of the CC website.

You can also click on it if you had added it to your watch list before the sale.

They sure do not make it easy to check to see how books have done in their auctions. ComicLink at least keeps up the results for a bit.

They sure do not make it easy to check to see how books have done in their auctions. ComicLink at least keeps up the results for a bit.

.... get on their mailing list.... the emails will include each session with individual links to each lot that can be opened to review the end result of that lot at auction's close..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

i complained about this to them after the last auction. i think once it's all over there's a way to see the results if you haven't saved the emails with links they sent.