• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Connect, Comic Link, Heritage... How accurate is the raw grading?

15 posts in this topic

ComicLink do not inspect RAW books. Metro and CC do.

So that means CC is going to have more accurate grading than CL? Does CC stand behind their grading?

Let's just say for most of the books I have purchased RAW, they came back with a 0.5 lower grade from CGC.

Peter, this is completely untrue. All raw books listed at auction are graded in-house at ComicLink. And all are 100% returnable if the buyer disagrees on the grade.

Peter, this is completely untrue. All raw books listed at auction are graded in-house at ComicLink. And all are 100% returnable if the buyer disagrees on the grade.

That was my understanding. Thank you for the correction. (thumbs u

That was my understanding. Thank you for the correction. (thumbs u

.... in addition..... and I don't know if this is still true, if a seller wishes to list raw books on the Exchange, they were required to send some books in with their grades on them so that Clink can verify the sellers grading skills. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

While I'm generally happy with CC's raw grading, they have made some dumb mistakes in the past. Bought a lot of four of five BA Hulks for about $15 and two were missing the MVS's. Bought a raw mid-grade Adventure in the low 300s and it had a coupon clipped. It seems they only cover grade their low cost auction offerings.

Now I've bought some big ticket items that came as advertised, but they don't seem to put the effort into low price raw books. I don't know why they bother selling them. They can't do much of anything for their bottom line.

I bought a lot of 10 mostly lower grade raw golden age books from heritage. Average grade represented was accurate, even a touch conservative. One book had a missing page and it was duly noted.

I was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy and the attention to the missing page. I can't comment for their grading on higher grade raw books.

I've only bought one non-cgc item from Clink - it was a 9.4 and the book I received was what I thought was a 9.4.

I've bought a large number of raw books books that CL had graded (that is, from their auctions) I was happy with the grading of all. Nothing has ever been a big disappointment and several of the lots were pleasant surprises.