• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

It's a key, but wow is that cover ugly!
1 1

165 posts in this topic

Maybe not a bad cover, but it's a definitely peeve of mine, I don't like covers with huge disembodied heads dominating the real estate.

Batman234.jpg

I have always seen floating head covers of any size as lazy bad art.

I really like this one. :(

Oh yeah, that cover is tight!

+1

But as they say another man's trash is another man's treasure.

I have a love/hate with X-Men #1

I love X-Men and it is an iconic cover…it's just a stupid one…why does Angel have a bazooka? What is Beast swinging off of? How is Magneto's powers blocking Cyclops' laser vision? And WTF is Jean doing in the background?

lol

Tec #38 makes me yak. Batman went from this cool, dark and edgy character to boners and sharing a bed with the boy wonder, good grief. :sick: Seriously I think those the bulk of that DC artistic crew must have been a real bunch of weirdos.

Yeah, but Schomburg did all kinds of kinky things to Toro and Bucky, so both companies are even on that count. ;)

I love 24 compared to this drek

5Z0PlxEl.jpg

I could be wrong but that cover looks to have a lot of Kirby in it. Is there any Ditko in it at all?

Amazingly enough, Kirby seemed to be able to draw anything well except for Spidey.

Ditko did the background figures of the Big Man and the Enforcers. This is a different cover from the original one drawn by Ditko.

http://comiccoverage.typepad.com/comic_coverage/2007/02/worst_cover_eve.html

Kirby also reworked parts of the published cover to ASM # 11.

And yeah, Jack did a poor Spidey.

edit: Kirby is (sometimes? )attributed to the reworked figure of Spider-Man on the cover of # 35 as well.

Edited by Unca Ben

Another dang floating head cover!

667517.jpg

Clever choice, Kav, if you've read the comic.

No bodies to draw, in any case.

ST #110 - don't know if it qualifies as ugly but it's lacking a key ingredient

I know this is sacrilegious but I've always been underwhelmed by Ditko covers. They always lacked an 'oomph' of some sort.

He was a great storyteller though.

Ditko was the true king.

Any one know what issue Steve Dude stopped drawing? Also what side issues he drew? Next Nexus Nexus Nightmare in Blue Nexus legends etc?

I want to fills some gaps but I don't want no anti-Steve Dude issues.