• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Filter's Back to the Boards Book Bonanza! Action 1 up, Update pg 36 CLOSED

376 posts in this topic

..... and not everything will be 4 and 5 figure books, I'm betting. There will likely be sweet stuff affordable to the common man...... :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(thumbs u Tonight should be a solid mix with a little bit of everything. I'm hoping to get the thread started again in a few hours. Shouldn't be any later than 8PM EST.

..... and not everything will be 4 and 5 figure books, I'm betting. There will likely be sweet stuff affordable to the common man...... :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

(thumbs u Tonight should be a solid mix with a little bit of everything. I'm hoping to get the thread started again in a few hours. Shouldn't be any later than 8PM EST.

I bet it will be later :kidaround:

Adam, the grease pencil "S" on your Action 31 is remarkably similar to the one on the Batman 9 that Bedrock is currently offering.

It's very possible they are from the same collection. The Action 31 came from a collection that I bought last year. Sparkle City got a large part of the collection before I got to see it, and the owner was selling in pieces so I didn't get to see everything that was left when I was there. So I got some books but I don't know what was there before I got to see it and I don't know if the owner has sold anything since. I never got to see the entire collection together but a lot of the books I got had that same "S" on them.

Those grease pencil S books have been around for some time. I started seeing them in the early nineties. I think they originated from someone on eBay selling off comics from a deceased family member. Many publishers were represented. I have a few Fox and Centaur books and have seen a few Timelys and Quality. Mostly very nice.

Those grease pencil S books have been around for some time. I started seeing them in the early nineties. I think they originated from someone on eBay selling off comics from a deceased family member. Many publishers were represented. I have a few Fox and Centaur books and have seen a few Timelys and Quality. Mostly very nice.

That's really interesting. I didn't realize the "S" books have been around for a while. I wonder if the collection I got them in started being sold off a lot earlier than I realized or if the person I bought the ones I got from added the "S" books to his collection in the 90s. I agree with you, most of the "S" books I got were in really nice shape. I'd love to have been able to see that entire collection before it got split up!