• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA correction report

335 posts in this topic

The way I see it, mistakes were made. We've all made them before and will do so again. No need to continue to pile on but if you must, let "he who hasn't sinned cast the first stone."

There's a great difference between a mistake and choice.

A mistake is "I forgot to ship the book because I left it in the trunk and forgot it was there."

A choice is "I'm not going to sell this book because it didn't sell for what I wanted for it."

Different.

There is a difference between condemnation (in the situation which your quote references) and the opportunity to recognize and learn better.

If only all mistakes ended up with a good chunk going to charity. Looks like $1550 is going to WWP. How about we get that amount to an even 2k? I'm in for $150

This is great, but the "mistakes" didn't do anything for charity. That lemonade was made out of lemons does not negate the existence of the lemons in the first place.

On behalf of the Illuminati, I can assure you that CooperAgeKids has not been, nor would he ever be, recruited by us. We would prefer if you did not associate our good name with this thread. Thank you on behalf of the all seeing eye! Illuminati out!

The way I see it, mistakes were made. We've all made them before and will do so again. No need to continue to pile on but if you must, let "he who hasn't sinned cast the first stone."

If only all mistakes ended up with a good chunk going to charity. Looks like $1550 is going to WWP. How about we get that amount to an even 2k? I'm in for $150

Yes, I made mistakes, I will readily admit to that.

This is the sort of post that I like to read.

Yeah, I agree that some good came out of my mistakes e. getting $1550 to the WWP via Shadroch and KPR.

And now $1700, with your $150 donation.

Thank you for the sentiment expressed and your donation.

That is the sort of post you like to read, because it lets you off the hook without having to admit to anything. That's completely natural, and understandable, but ultimately is to your detriment.

Your continued unwillingness to admit that you made bad choices, rather than "mistakes", guarantees this will happen in the future.

Why would anyone want to help this strategy succeed, in any way?

If the only way someone can make money, and stay in business, is by attempting to artificially inflate the value of [product] they hold... perhaps they should look for a new line of work.

As should most of corporate America...the oil companies, the insurance companies, CopperAgeKids. All of those guys make up the grand cabal of greed that the Illuminati have been assembling to eventually rule the world.

Shush, you! (tsk)

We don't take kindly to people casually mentioning the Illuminati 'round here!

Yeah, I agree that some good came out of my mistakes e. getting $1550 to the WWP via Shadroch and KPR.

That is the sort of post you like to read, because it lets you off the hook without having to admit to anything. That's completely natural, and understandable, but ultimately is to your detriment.

Your continued unwillingness to admit that you made bad choices, rather than "mistakes", guarantees this will happen in the future.

the mistake was bringing it here and oddly not realizing a hole was being dug, rather than a private email to the GPA people. That could easily have been followed with a link posted here or an auction in the sales forum saying "Auction with 100% going to WWP! Thanks! Happy Holidays!" Although to be fair, he would have most likely wrongly posted his ebay sale in the sales forum, even though he's been in comics for 122 years.

On behalf of the Illuminati, I can assure you that CooperAgeKids has not been, nor would he ever be, recruited by us. We would prefer if you did not associate our good name with this thread. Thank you on behalf of the all seeing eye! Illuminati out!

Pfffft. You're not Illuminati. The Illuminati don't say "Illuminati out!"

They say "nanu nanu."

the mistake was bringing it here and oddly not realizing a hole was being dug, rather than a private email to the GPA people. That could easily have been followed with a link posted here or an auction in the sales forum saying "Auction with 100% going to WWP! Thanks! Happy Holidays!" Although to be fair, he would have most likely wrongly posted his ebay sale in the sales forum, even though he's been in comics for 122 years.

Some people don't realize they've got a shovel in their hands, and dirt over their shoulder, until they're 6 feet down.

"122 years"...hehehe...

Finally, we know their codeword! You're correct. I'm actually a secret agent working a false flag operation for the 5 Jew Bankers. Now with the Illuminati's codeword we can get Neptune's Tridant and crush them!

Junkdonkey and others, I will say the following:

You all are neglecting the fact that if I fully intended to scam and inflate GPA records, I would have done the following:

1)

Privately notified GPA via email that the original transaction for $256 with a 10% donation to the WWP was immediately cancelled and the payment was immediately refunded to the buyer, thereby voiding out the low $256 sale in GPA.

2)

I would have then listed the book with a $550 BIN and had a friend of mine buy the book, with 10% of the sale given to the Wounded Warrior Project.

3)

I would have then shipped the book to said friend, and sent said friend $550.The WWP would get $50.

4)

In turn, the original $256 transaction would be wiped from GPA and GPA would indicate the book had been sold for $550

5)

I would have listed 1 of my other two CGC 9.8 news stand copies on eBay at $550, wait intil the first one sold, then list the 2nd one at or above $550.

By the time the second trailer hits, I would have listed the cgc 9.8 (the one which is being given away to a boardie here) and pocketed another $550.

6)

The remaining lesser copies I have (6 copies that fall between cgc 9.0 ,cgc 9.4 and 9.6) would also be listed on eBay, at top end of GPA 2015 prices, intil they sold.

That is what I would have done, if I was looking to inflate market prices.

That clearly is not what I have done.

Norman-Pardo-a-former-friend-and-manager-of-OJ-Simpson-says-OJ-was-paid-600000-to-say-he-wrote-a-book-titled-If-I-Did-It.-www.blacklikemoi.com_.jpg

lol

Not wholly accurate, I like seeing those kinds of posts because the poster is stating that it is about time to move on.And it's good to see another boardie donating to the WWP.

And yes, I made bad choices, as well as mistakes.

Nor am I trying to play off a role of the perennial "good guy", as Junkdonkey said.

Unlike the post I qouted........your posts here, JunkDonkey's and 1Cool's with the bit about me possibly changing my forum user ID (not going to happen) like I am a scheming meglomaniac, seem to indicate that I have an ever growing contempt of humanity as a whole.

I am not in the running for Time magazine's Man Of The Year Award but I am also not twiddling my thumbs, ala Mr.Burns of The Simpsons, eagerly devising some sort of mastermind, diabolical scheme .

Junkdonkey and others, I will say the following:

You all are neglecting the fact that if I fully intended to scam and inflate GPA records, I would have done the following:

1)

Privately notified GPA via email that the original transaction for $256 with a 10% donation to the WWP was immediately cancelled and the payment was immediately refunded to the buyer, thereby voiding out the low $256 sale in GPA.

2)

I would have then listed the book with a $550 BIN and had a friend of mine buy the book, with 10% of the sale given to the Wounded Warrior Project.

3)

I would have then shipped the book to said friend, and sent said friend $550.The WWP would get $50.

4)

In turn, the original $256 transaction would be wiped from GPA and GPA would indicate the book had been sold for $550

5)

I would have listed 1 of my other two CGC 9.8 news stand copies on eBay at $550, wait intil the first one sold, then list the 2nd one at or above $550.

By the time the second trailer hits, I would have listed the cgc 9.8 (the one which is being given away to a boardie here) and pocketed another $550.

6)

The remaining lesser copies I have (6 copies that fall between cgc 9.0 ,cgc 9.4 and 9.6) would also be listed on eBay, at top end of GPA 2015 prices, intil they sold.

That is what I would have done, if I was looking to inflate market prices.

That clearly is not what I have done.

All I can think of...

ben-linus-on-island.jpg

Of course, if I was one of them - these people that you seem to think are your enemies - what would I do? Well, there'd be no balloon, so I'd draw a map to a real secluded place like a cave or some underbrush - good place for a trap - an ambush. And when your friends got there a bunch of my people would be waiting for them. Then they'd use them to trade for me. I guess it's a good thing I'm not one of them, huh?

[pause]

You guys got any milk?

There's a great difference between a mistake and choice.

He made a choice. And that choice was a mistake.

This is great, but the "mistakes" didn't do anything for charity.

Ultimately, it was the donors that did something for charity. But, at least in my case, I wouldn't have even thought about donating were it not for this thread. And the root of this thread at some level was a mistake

I didn't let him off the hook; I said he made a mistake. And I won't make claims to guarantee what he will or won't do in the future; I doubt you even know for certain if you will ever repeat one of your own mistakes. Let's say he says everything you want him to...will you then know what he will do next time? No, you won't. But if you and others genuinely feel you are doing a greater good (for him, for the hobby, mankind, etc.) by continuing to beat this man down, to force him to see the error of his ways, then by all means do so.