• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA correction report

335 posts in this topic

Junkdonkey and others, I will say the following:

You all are neglecting the fact that if I fully intended to scam and inflate GPA records, I would have done the following:

1)

Privately notified GPA via email that the original transaction for $256 with a 10% donation to the WWP was immediately cancelled and the payment was immediately refunded to the buyer, thereby voiding out the low $256 sale in GPA.

*SNIP*

You should have just started here and saved everyone the hassle.

In regards to the original situation . The negative on the buyers feedback. Wouldnt that feedback be to him as a seller since you cant leave negatives for a buyer ?

Maybe I am mistaken and you can leave negatives to buyers under the right situation. But if there is a negative as a seller doesnt that make the original point of canceling the sale moot ? Or his reason for doing so(which we all know his real motives now anyways) invalid?

You all are neglecting the fact that if I fully intended to scam and inflate GPA records, I would have done the following:

1)

Privately notified GPA via email that the original transaction for $256 with a 10% donation to the WWP was immediately cancelled and the payment was immediately refunded to the buyer, thereby voiding out the low $256 sale in GPA.

2)

I would have then listed the book with a $550 BIN and had a friend of mine buy the book, with 10% of the sale given to the Wounded Warrior Project.

3)

I would have then shipped the book to said friend, and sent said friend $550.The WWP would get $50.

4)

In turn, the original $256 transaction would be wiped from GPA and GPA would indicate the book had been sold for $550

5)

I would have listed 1 of my other two CGC 9.8 news stand copies on eBay at $550, wait intil the first one sold, then list the 2nd one at or above $550.

By the time the second trailer hits, I would have listed the cgc 9.8 (the one which is being given away to a boardie here) and pocketed another $550.

6)

The remaining lesser copies I have (6 copies that fall between cgc 9.0 ,cgc 9.4 and 9.6) would also be listed on eBay, at top end of GPA 2015 prices, intil they sold.

That is what I would have done, if I was looking to inflate market prices.

That clearly is not what I have done.

people were saying you were trying to manipulate GPA, no one said you were trying to manipulate GPA effectively.

There is nothing to discuss. I donated, as I said I would. KPR said he would donate after I received the book. Next step is to ship me the book.

^^

That works for me, I thought since KPR donated more, he might want the book.

I will ship out tomorrow.

Either way, either yourself or KPR will have the book shipped out tomorrow.PM me your shipping address, if KPR is fine with you getting the book, I'll ship it to you.

If KPR wants the book, I'll ship it to him.

Either way, it will be enroute to one of you two guys tomorrow, and KPR will donate $1000 after either he (or yourself) receives the book.

It would be nice if you let KPR got the book, as he said he is willing to donate such a large amount but I have no issue with you getting the book, either.You are doing a good thing here, as well.

1)

2)

I would have then listed the book with a $550 BIN and had a friend of mine buy the book, with 10% of the sale given to the Wounded Warrior Project.

3)

I would have then shipped the book to said friend, and sent said friend $550.The WWP would get $50.

4)

In turn, the original $256 transaction would be wiped from GPA and GPA would indicate the book had been sold for $550

5)

I would have listed 1 of my other two CGC 9.8 news stand copies on eBay at $550, wait intil the first one sold, then list the 2nd one at or above $550.

By the time the second trailer hits, I would have listed the cgc 9.8 (the one which is being given away to a boardie here) and pocketed another $550.

6)

The remaining lesser copies I have (6 copies that fall between cgc 9.0 ,cgc 9.4 and 9.6) would also be listed on eBay, at top end of GPA 2015 prices, intil they sold.

people were saying you were trying to manipulate GPA, no one said you were trying to manipulate GPA effectively.

lol

He should just thank all of us for letting him now how to manipulate GPA for the next time.

1) I'm sure you will

2) I suspect if this was an option then it would have been done

3) go on

4) seems to be missing something

5) waiting intil it sold might be awhile........

6) or intil you got tired of listing. I suspect the latter.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

lol

He should just thank all of us for letting him now how to manipulate GPA for the next time.

1) I'm sure you will

2) I suspect if this was an option then it would have been done

3) go on

4) seems to be missing something

5) waiting intil it sold might be awhile........

6) or intil you got tired of listing. I suspect the latter.

I believe, in Super-Villain-Speak, we got him "Monologue-ing"

8b51ed4df807b8d41659f256f41065c5.gif

All that was missing was the hero dangling over a pit of sharks with lasers on their heads.

There is nothing to discuss. I donated, as I said I would. KPR said he would donate after I received the book. Next step is to ship me the book.

^^

That works for me, I thought since KPR donated more, he might want the book.

I will ship out tomorrow.

Either way, either yourself or KPR will have the book shipped out tomorrow.PM me your shipping address, if KPR is fine with you getting the book, I'll ship it to you.

If KPR wants the book, I'll ship it to him.

Either way, it will be enroute to one of you two guys tomorrow, and KPR will donate $1000 after either he (or yourself) receives the book.

It would be nice if you let KPR got the book, as he said he is willing to donate such a large amount but I have no issue with you getting the book, either.You are doing a good thing here, as well.

No one has ever accused me of being nice. Let's not start now.

I have no intention of giving away a 9.8 for $250 , and then taking the chance of getting beat with a BS fraud case.

Question for CAK;

If the book had sold for a record GPA high of say $1,000 or thereabouts and you had received immediate payment from this neg buyer, would you have refunded him his money and cancelled the transaction? hm

Still haven't received any type of response from you with respect to my question above. :taptaptap:

Based upon your original post, you made it sound as though your reason for cancelling the transaction was because the buyer had 1 neg on file against his 200+ transactions on eBay. Your actions clearly indicate that the real reason is the low price that your book was able to garner through your eBay auction listing.

Based upon your mishandling of this entire action, it looks like the buyer would be fully entitled to give you a neg on this transaction. Since you would now have a well deserved and fully earned neg on your eBay profile, would you agree that all future buyers and sellers conducting eBay transactions with you going forward would now have the right to cancel completed transactions with you from this point on? hm

The buyer had a negative feedback , which he just earned ONE MONTH AGO, in November.

he may have had 200 positive feedbacks but his negative feedback is one of his most recent feedbacks.

That negative feedback read as:

"WARNING SELLER ABUSES RETURN POLICY-CONMAN LIAR. THIEF!!"

The fact that the book sold so low is a corollary.

I am not going to award an eBay member with that sort of negative feedback and take the chance of him sending back a 2 pound box full of last week's newspapers.

I sent a cancellation request, the bidder paid anyway.I immediately refunded his money.

He saw the refund and he did in fact give me a negative feedback.

I spoke with a customer service rep and explaned that due to the buyer's recent negative feedback, I did not want to sell the book to him as it would be a risk of him returning an empty box full of newspapers is a risk that I that I was unwilling to take.The eBay rep also told me that the negative feedback he posted under my account would be removed, which It was.I now am back to 100% positive feedback on eBay.

On both counts, the ebay rep agreed with me and the negative feedback was removed and the cancellation request went through, the sale was voided.

The fact of the matter is the sale turned out for the better i.e. I did not ship the book out for $256 (minus a 10% WWP donation).

Shadroch or KPR is getting the book, instead.

The WWP is getting $1550, between their 2 direct donations.

I make no money from this book, at all.

I made no money from the SS #1 CGC 9.0 that I sold for $100 (100% donated to WWP).

Draw whatever conclusions you want.

Amazing how you avoid the actual question asked by lou fine.

It doesn't take a genius to know the answer though.

I have no intention of giving away a 9.8 for $250 , and then taking the chance of getting beat with a BS fraud case.

Question for CAK;

If the book had sold for a record GPA high of say $1,000 or thereabouts and you had received immediate payment from this neg buyer, would you have refunded him his money and cancelled the transaction? hm

Still haven't received any type of response from you with respect to my question above. :taptaptap:

Based upon your original post, you made it sound as though your reason for cancelling the transaction was because the buyer had 1 neg on file against his 200+ transactions on eBay. Your actions clearly indicate that the real reason is the low price that your book was able to garner through your eBay auction listing.

Based upon your mishandling of this entire action, it looks like the buyer would be fully entitled to give you a neg on this transaction. Since you would now have a well deserved and fully earned neg on your eBay profile, would you agree that all future buyers and sellers conducting eBay transactions with you going forward would now have the right to cancel completed transactions with you from this point on? hm

giphy.gif

Fixed!!!!

Junk, I just checked and George has already stricken the $256 sale from GPA.

I may not be a rocket scientist, but after being in this hobby for 25 years, I am well aware of market trends and well aware of how those trends can be manipulated by GPA data.

I don't need to deal with 20 pages of being publically insulted on this forum to "learn" from other boardies.

After 20 years of being in this hobby, I have made a couple of friends who would have helped me manipulate the GPA data on this book, if I chose to do so.

Either way, 1 sale at $550 on a cgc 9.8 still wouldn't have propelled my 2 other cgc 9.8's to sell rapid fire style.

It would have taken a few months, most likely intil the 2nd trailer is released for all 3 of my cgc 9.8's news stands to fetch the ZGPA high of $550 per book.

At the end of the day, I am happy to give away 1 of my cgc 9.8's , to raise $1550 for charity.

I have a decent amount of money tied up in my books so I am fine with waiting til the 2nd trailer for the movie is released, to get top dollar for my other 2 cgc 9.8 news stands.

Im sure you have heard this.

You have just chosen to ignore it obviously . Because any time you post you seem to make things worse for yourself.

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt "

Question for CAK;

The buyer had a negative feedback , which he just earned ONE MONTH AGO, in November.

he may have had 200 positive feedbacks but his negative feedback is one of his most recent feedbacks.

I am not going to award an eBay member with that sort of negative feedback and take the chance of him sending back a 2 pound box full of last week's newspapers.

I sent a cancellation request, the bidder paid anyway.I immediately refunded his money.

I spoke with a customer service rep and explaned that due to the buyer's recent negative feedback, I did not want to sell the book to him as it would be a risk of him returning an empty box full of newspapers is a risk that I that I was unwilling to take.The eBay rep also told me that the negative feedback he posted under my account would be removed, which It was.I now am back to 100% positive feedback on eBay.

On both counts, the ebay rep agreed with me and the negative feedback was removed and the cancellation request went through, the sale was voided.

The fact of the matter is the sale turned out for the better i.e. I did not ship the book out for $256 (minus a 10% WWP donation).

I made no money from the SS #1 CGC 9.0 that I sold for $100 (100% donated to WWP).

Read my response again.

I answered Fine's question, which was a theoretical "if the original transaction netted me a negatuve feedback" question in itself .

Key word in his question was "if" and as I responded, eBay decided in my favor by canceling the transaction and removing the negative feedback, which was posted by the buyer.

At the end of the day, a boardie is getting the book and WWP is getting $1550.

I have willingly subjected myself to an onslaught of naysayers but it has been worth it as my actions in this thread are netting $1550 for a well deserving charity.

If boardies don't want to deal with me, so be it.

I have not screwed anyone over.....and in the process of opening up myself to smearing of my name/losing customers etc, as I very well KNEW would be the llikely outcome of my initial starting post in this PUBLIC THREAD, I have RAISED $1550 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

I am content with this outcome.

Question for CAK;

Read my response again.

I answered Fine's question, which was a theoretical "if the original transaction netted me a negatuve feedback" question in itself .

Key word in his question was "if" and as I responded, eBay decided in my favor by canceling the transaction and removing the negative feedback, which was posted by the buyer.

I have willingly subjected myself to an onslaught of naysayers but it has been worth it as my actions in this thread are netting $1550 for a well deserving charity.

I have not screwed anyone over.....and in the process of opening up myself to smearing of my name/losing customers etc, as I very well KNEW would be the llikely outcome of my initial starting post in this PUBLIC THREAD, I have RAISED $1550 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

Actually, Lou's question was if the book sold for a GPA high to the same buyer, would you have cancelled?

Question for CAK;

Read my response again.

Actually, Lou's question was if the book sold for a GPA high to the same buyer, would you have cancelled?

Hey!!

He's got 20 , or 25, or 45 (if you add them together) years in this hobby. He doesn't need any help reading a question from you, mister man!