• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA correction report

335 posts in this topic

I have not screwed anyone over

Yes you did, you screwed over the guy who originally won your auction!

.....and in the process of opening up myself to smearing of my name/losing customers etc, as I very well KNEW would be the llikely outcome of my initial starting post in this PUBLIC THREAD, I have RAISED $1550 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

Oh, so the ends justify the means. Not a surprise, coming from you.

First off, is it within board rules that a new user ID is allowed, just for the purpose of slandering another member?

Of course not, how dense are you? And slander is spoken, libel is written.

What is your CGC forum user handle and why have you not posted these questions under your usual handle?

Haven't had one since 2005.

You were first banned in 2005? How dense are you that you keep posting here?

2a3859066b486279a007e46e10f8a777c9ca9d8e49587ea7cbb8553e8aef3c01.jpg

Okay, lets clarify something. My offer is simple. I'll donate $550 to WWP. Post the receipt here or however it is best to verify and you ship me the book.

No middle men, no ebay, no nothing. I'll overpay for the book but the money goes to WWP, and if GPA recognizes public sales on this forum, it gets noted. If not, it doesn't.

That's my offer. Feel free to accept it or reject it. Not trying to pick a fight, just making an offer.

This was an idea I had and it is a great one. I can also vouch for Shad and say that his word is gold. If he pledges to do this then this is what will happen.

I would like to see CAK take him up on his offer.

Go in for half with me and we'll split the comic in two.

I already did my annual Toys for Tots drop... And there is another charity I give some to this time of year. But... $100 is fine I hope. I edited out my personals then screen capped it just to make sure.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-21%20at%207.06.50%20PM.png

I have not screwed anyone over

Yes you did, you screwed over the guy who originally won your auction!

.....and in the process of opening up myself to smearing of my name/losing customers etc, as I very well KNEW would be the llikely outcome of my initial starting post in this PUBLIC THREAD, I have RAISED $1550 for the Wounded Warrior Project.

Oh, so the ends justify the means. Not a surprise, coming from you.

First off, is it within board rules that a new user ID is allowed, just for the purpose of slandering another member?

Of course not, how dense are you? And slander is spoken, libel is written.

What is your CGC forum user handle and why have you not posted these questions under your usual handle?

Haven't had one since 2005.

You were first banned in 2005? How dense are you that you keep posting here?

2a3859066b486279a007e46e10f8a777c9ca9d8e49587ea7cbb8553e8aef3c01.jpg

I'll stop making IDs when CGC stops being a bunch of greedy pricks and stop pulling a CAK on the hobby lol

........your posts here...seem to indicate that I have an ever growing contempt of humanity as a whole.

I am not in the running for Time magazine's Man Of The Year Award but I am also not twiddling my thumbs, ala Mr.Burns of The Simpsons, eagerly devising some sort of mastermind, diabolical scheme .

You are engaging in hyperbole, in an attempt to garner sympathy. Whether you are trying to get sympathy from yourself, or others, or both, that remains true. I have not said anything of the sort you claim here, and, really, neither has anyone else, and, if you can receive it, I'm trying to help you, not condemn you.

There's a great difference between a mistake and choice.

He made a choice. And that choice was a mistake.

Again...there's a difference between a choice to do wrong, and a mistake of happenstance. If you want to say all choices to do wrong are "mistakes", that's fine, but that doesn't change the basic difference between genuine mistakes and choices to do wrong.

This is great, but the "mistakes" didn't do anything for charity.

Ultimately, it was the donors that did something for charity. But, at least in my case, I wouldn't have even thought about donating were it not for this thread. And the root of this thread at some level was a mistake

That lemons were turned into lemonade does not negate the existence of the lemons in the first place.

That is the sort of post you like to read, because it lets you off the hook without having to admit to anything. That's completely natural, and understandable, but ultimately is to your detriment.

Your continued unwillingness to admit that you made bad choices, rather than "mistakes", guarantees this will happen in the future.

I didn't let him off the hook; I said he made a mistake.

There's a difference..?

hm

And I won't make claims to guarantee what he will or won't do in the future; I doubt you even know for certain if you will ever repeat one of your own mistakes.

So...resorting to hyperbole for the sake of argument...I murder someone, and I later feel great remorse for my action, and swear, even if just to myself, to never do it again...I don't know for certain that I'll never repeat that "mistake", as you refer to it?

Let's say he says everything you want him to...will you then know what he will do next time? No, you won't. But if you and others genuinely feel you are doing a greater good (for him, for the hobby, mankind, etc.) by continuing to beat this man down, to force him to see the error of his ways, then by all means do so.

Your mistake is that you think I am trying to "beat this man down."

It would also be a mistake to think that wanting someone to say something because they, themselves, came to that conclusion, and saying something solely to "get out of the crossfire" is the same thing.

There are a handful of greats from the very first eBay comics board from 1999:

Stu

Dubb-T

Comicsgirl (that's NotSure here)

Nots*Dew (I forget what Randy's name was)

Grant (Judas Goat Quarterly!)

Gwentleaf (that's Flaming Telepath...back when he was nice)

Win (that's Sqeggs...he was never nice, but he did have an epic beard)

Timdrake72 (that's me)

There were a few more, but the ones who came after 2001 were wannabes. That was really, truly, a wonderful place for a year or two.

Truly.

:cloud9:

Okay, lets clarify something. My offer is simple. I'll donate $550 to WWP. Post the receipt here or however it is best to verify and you ship me the book.

No middle men, no ebay, no nothing. I'll overpay for the book but the money goes to WWP, and if GPA recognizes public sales on this forum, it gets noted. If not, it doesn't.

That's my offer. Feel free to accept it or reject it. Not trying to pick a fight, just making an offer.

This was an idea I had and it is a great one. I can also vouch for Shad and say that his word is gold. If he pledges to do this then this is what will happen.

I would like to see CAK take him up on his offer.

Go in for half with me and we'll split the comic in two.

I already did my annual Toys for Tots drop... And there is another charity I give some to this time of year. But... $100 is fine I hope. I edited out my personals then screen capped it just to make sure.

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-21%20at%207.06.50%20PM.png

Very nice. $100 gets you first alternate at the big game.

RMA, I swear to you that this is not correct. Believe me, a bunch of us Ebay old-timers have been trying to figure out who Sqeggs is. Really, he sold some killer books that Win wishes he ever had in his possession.

He's made some snarky comments to me that only Win would know. If it's not Win, Sqeggs is being incredibly presumptuous, pretending to know me.

I'm positive it's Win, and the only doubt I have is seeing you express doubt.

It's possible that it's someone else, but Win was the only one back then who had an issue with me. Otherwise, it's a Johnny-come-lately who thinks he knows, but doesn't.

RMA, I swear to you that this is not correct. Believe me, a bunch of us Ebay old-timers have been trying to figure out who Sqeggs is. Really, he sold some killer books that Win wishes he ever had in his possession.

And why haven't I been invited to this "eBay old-timers" convention?

:o

Why, I NEVER!

Harumph!

I wonder who the first person to post on the board was. That was when it was just the scroll-y thing. I know I was probably 3rd or 4th, if that.

March of 1999 I want to say.