• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GPA correction report

335 posts in this topic

Summation:

After Shadroch and KPR collectively donate $1550 to the Wounded warrior Project, the book will be shipped via USPS PRIORITY within 1 business day

I pack my books very well, no chance of any nonsense.

The slab will be shipped to either Shadroch or KPR.

AS KPR wil be making the bigger donation, I'd prefer that he get the book.

But I will ship it to either Shadroch or KPR, those two can decide which of them will get the book.

Dear CAK, complete the original sale with the original ebay buyer and I will donate $1,000 to WWP.

I'm going to hold off paying in the hope CAK follows thru on this. 48 hours, and if he doesn't I will buy it because I'm a man of my word. Clock starts now. tick tock.

Alternate offer: accept Shadroch's original offer (he donates directly to WWP and CAK sends him the book) and I donate $1,000 to WWP.

This

This guy is getting burned at the stake for essentially giving $550 to charity.

Yet, there's a guy in the flea market finds thread that royally ripped off some dude to the tune of over $1000 worth of books and payed just $25!

Doesn't seem right to me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And at the end of the day... So what if this guy is trying to inflate the cost of a book he had the foresight to acquire multiple copies of in grade.

I say, fill your boots! Give the first to charity and reap the rewards with the remaining 9!

Best of luck to you!!

This thread is entertaining, no doubt, but don't get it twisted... he IS giving to a charity here. In a roundabout way yes, but that's what he's doing nonetheless.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to give a small donation to Help for Heroes off the back of the good will and positive vibes in this thread.

Keep it real chaps. And a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Yet, there's a guy in the flea market finds thread that royally ripped off some dude to the tune of over $1000 worth of books and payed just $25!

And at the end of the day... So what if this guy is trying to inflate the cost of a book he had the foresight to acquire multiple copies of in grade.

I say, fill your boots! Give the first to charity and reap the rewards with the remaining 9!

Best of luck to you!!

This thread is entertaining, no doubt, but don't get it twisted... he IS giving to a charity here. In a roundabout way yes, but that's what he's doing nonetheless.

I'm going to give a small donation to Help for Heroes off the back of the good will and positive vibes in this thread.

Thank you!!!!

:gossip: The decision to donate the book to charity came after he smelled the smoke and felt the embers.

This guy is getting burned at the stake for essentially giving $550 to charity. trying to artificially inflate a book to make a few thousand dollars by hiding behind a $100 charity donation.

And at the end of the day... So what if this guy is trying to illegally inflate the cost of a book he had the foresight to acquire multiple copies of in grade.

Best of luck to you!!

This thread is entertaining, no doubt, but don't get it twisted... he IS was pressured into giving to a charity here after his scam was not supported. In a roundabout way yes, but that's what he's doing nonetheless.

I'm going to give a small donation to Help for Heroes off the back of the good will scam and positive vibes BS in this thread.

I have no intention of giving away a 9.8 for $250 , and then taking the chance of getting beat with a BS fraud case.

Question for CAK;

If the book had sold for a record GPA high of say $1,000 or thereabouts and you had received immediate payment from this neg buyer, would you have refunded him his money and cancelled the transaction? hm

Still haven't received any type of response from you with respect to my question above. :taptaptap:

Based upon your original post, you made it sound as though your reason for cancelling the transaction was because the buyer had 1 neg on file against his 200+ transactions on eBay. Your actions clearly indicate that the real reason is the low price that your book was able to garner through your eBay auction listing.

Based upon your mishandling of this entire action, it looks like the buyer would be fully entitled to give you a neg on this transaction. Since you would now have a well deserved and fully earned neg on your eBay profile, would you agree that all future buyers and sellers conducting eBay transactions with you going forward would now have the right to cancel completed transactions with you from this point on? hm

The buyer had a negative feedback , which he just earned ONE MONTH AGO, in November.

he may have had 200 positive feedbacks but his negative feedback is one of his most recent feedbacks.

That negative feedback read as:

"WARNING SELLER ABUSES RETURN POLICY-CONMAN LIAR. THIEF!!"

The fact that the book sold so low is a corollary.

I am not going to award an eBay member with that sort of negative feedback and take the chance of him sending back a 2 pound box full of last week's newspapers.

Oh, come on, CAK.

Just come clean already. It will sting, but people will respect you for it more than this charade.

You don't have any idea if that negative feedback is valid or not. eBay removes negative feedback ALL...THE...TIME...in complete and utter violation of its own policies, actions for which they could, and should, be sued...and which renders the entire feedback system useless.

You know this to be true, because you, yourself, freely admit to having a valid negative feedback left for YOU removed. You illegitimately manipulated the eBay feedback system, among your other manipulations.

If the buyer had 4-5 recent negs, that tells a different story. But a single negative, for which you have nothing but that other buyer's (limited to 80 characters) word? How can you possibly know what happened in that situation, to be able to judge that YOUR buyer was a "bad buyer"?

No one is convicted on the testimony of one witness, with no corroborating evidence.

You're using it as an excuse, and a flimsy one at that.

By the way...what is the eBay name of the buyer you refused to sell to?

I sent a cancellation request, the bidder paid anyway.I immediately refunded his money.

He saw the refund and he did in fact give me a negative feedback.

I spoke with a customer service rep and explaned that due to the buyer's recent negative feedback, I did not want to sell the book to him as it would be a risk of him returning an empty box full of newspapers is a risk that I that I was unwilling to take.The eBay rep also told me that the negative feedback he posted under my account would be removed, which It was.I now am back to 100% positive feedback on eBay.

This is a smokescreen, and you know that. So do most of the people reading it. You refused a sale...which is your right....but in the process, you illegitimately manipulated the eBay feedback system. The buyer, having paid, had the RIGHT PER EBAY POLICY to leave you negative feedback for refusing the sale. You robbed them of their right to leave you deserved negative feedback.

You may consider this post to be "negative", but if you accept what I'm saying, it will be of tremendous benefit to you.

Just come clean, take your deserved lumps, and then put it behind you.

Best of luck to you!!

Thank you for letting me off the hook

Best of luck to you!!

Thank you for letting me off the hook

There's always one.

The buyer had a negative feedback , which he just earned ONE MONTH AGO, in November.

he may have had 200 positive feedbacks but his negative feedback is one of his most recent feedbacks.

I am not going to award an eBay member with that sort of negative feedback and take the chance of him sending back a 2 pound box full of last week's newspapers.

... I did not want to sell the book to him as it would be a risk of him returning an empty box full of newspapers is a risk that I that I was unwilling to take.

Ok so seller had 200 positive feedbacks, and among his most recent positive feedbacks was ONE negative feedback that referenced abuse of the return policy.

Howd did you go from one claim that s/he abused the return policy to thinking that s/he outright stole the book and returned newspapers instead?

Isn't the most likely case that the buyer did a return like so many ebay buyers do, disagreeing on a condition, or claiming a scratch on a case or whatever so they can return the book they have buyers remorse over?

Or did you know more than was stated in the feedback?

Also that feedback is worded weirdly, makes it sound like your buyer was getting a negative for being a bad seller and abusing the return policy (how can a seller abuse the return policy?)

I just cant follow your logic. Guy has a string of 190 straight positive transactions over the years and in the last month goes 9 for 10 with one bad transaction (which could have just as easily been a sore loser seller not liking something) and based on that 99.5% success rate all of your red flags go off?

you get to decide how you do business, but it just doesn't make sense to me...

Summation:

After Shadroch and KPR collectively donate $1550 to the Wounded warrior Project, the book will be shipped via USPS PRIORITY within 1 business day

I pack my books very well, no chance of any nonsense.

The slab will be shipped to either Shadroch or KPR.

AS KPR wil be making the bigger donation, I'd prefer that he get the book.

But I will ship it to either Shadroch or KPR, those two can decide which of them will get the book.

Just move your discussion to a PM between you, KPR & Shadroch and get it all taken care of. I'm sure whoever gets the books will report that you made good on your word and try to move on. It seems the more you try to defend yourself the further in the hole you get.

... I did not want to sell the book to him as it would be a risk of him returning an empty box full of newspapers is a risk that I that I was unwilling to take.

Ok so seller had 200 positive feedbacks, and among his most recent positive feedbacks was ONE negative feedback that referenced abuse of the return policy.

Howd did you go from one claim that s/he abused the return policy to thinking that s/he outright stole the book and returned newspapers instead?

Isn't the most likely case that the buyer did a return like so many ebay buyers do, disagreeing on a condition, or claiming a scratch on a case or whatever so they can return the book they have buyers remorse over?

Or did you know more than was stated in the feedback?

Also that feedback is worded weirdly, makes it sound like your buyer was getting a negative for being a bad seller and abusing the return policy (how can a seller abuse the return policy?)

I just cant follow your logic. Guy has a string of 190 straight positive transactions over the years and in the last month goes 9 for 10 with one bad transaction (which could have just as easily been a sore loser seller not liking something) and based on that 99.5% success rate all of your red flags go off?

you get to decide how you do business, but it just doesn't make sense to me...

His speaking about the guy's feedback, as if it was the real reason to renege on the deal, is most easily explained using the following visual aid....

giphy.gif

If we remove the GPA and Donation thing from the equation, it all still stinks. First, you don't sell the book because the buyer had ONE negative feedback?

How do you know he/she truly did something wrong? I mean, negs always throw up red flags but for just ONE? Or was there a pattern? Did you try to at least contact the buyer about the neg before cancelling? There are lots of great sellers and buyers who are marred by a neg or bad feedback on eBay due to one lone bad customer or million other circumstances. As someone previously said, you sell on eBay long enough, it is going to happen.

The sale was a GPA low. I wonder, would you have been so quick to cancel had you got your wish price?

Secondly, what happens when you get a neg? Or are nominated for the PL? People, by your logic, should be free and clear to cancel your purchase yes or not pay at all right? I mean, you would have that one blemish on your record right?

Finally, with regards to the manner in which the original sale was conducted, you say it is "your fault" that YOU held a 3 Day auction but in the same breath, somehow the buyer still "took advantage" of it? This makes no sense. YOU posted the start and end auction date. The buyer fulfilled all the terms YOU laid out.

The auction didn't go your way. Good for you, you found an "out" and a "win" but I think the long term cost won't be worth it. If you did this on the Boards, this would be pure PL territory (cancelling a sale for no legitimate reason).

To Shad and KPR, sincerely, wonderful spirit and incredibly generous donations to a very, very worthy cause.

There is nothing to discuss. I donated, as I said I would. KPR said he would donate after I received the book. Next step is to ship me the book.

^^

seems to need some discussion, as at least one of the parties seems (surprisingly) to be unclear of the terms of the transaction

Junkdonkey and others, I will say the following:

You all are neglecting the fact that if I fully intended to scam and inflate GPA records, I would have done the following:

1)

Privately notified GPA via email that the original transaction for $256 with a 10% donation to the WWP was immediately cancelled and the payment was immediately refunded to the buyer, thereby voiding out the low $256 sale in GPA.

2)

I would have then listed the book with a $550 BIN and had a friend of mine buy the book, with 10% of the sale given to the Wounded Warrior Project.

3)

I would have then shipped the book to said friend, and sent said friend $550.The WWP would get $50.

4)

In turn, the original $256 transaction would be wiped from GPA and GPA would indicate the book had been sold for $550

5)

I would have listed 1 of my other two CGC 9.8 news stand copies on eBay at $550, wait intil the first one sold, then list the 2nd one at or above $550.

By the time the second trailer hits, I would have listed the cgc 9.8 (the one which is being given away to a boardie here) and pocketed another $550.

6)

The remaining lesser copies I have (6 copies that fall between cgc 9.0 ,cgc 9.4 and 9.6) would also be listed on eBay, at top end of GPA 2015 prices, intil they sold.

That is what I would have done, if I was looking to inflate market prices.

That clearly is not what I have done.