• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2015 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange REVEAL THREAD!!!

211 posts in this topic

Let's get this party started. :banana:

Chanukah celebrator here.

My Chanukah Harry (SNL Reference) was ComicDoc. I asked for some Golden Age reading material and ComicDoc sure delivered with some super nice hardcovers.

Marvel Masterworks Sub-Mariner volume 1

Marvel Masterworks Sub-Mariner volume 2

DC Archive Editions Hawkman volume 1

Thanks Bernard. This here looks like some 9.8 quality reading!

2462D8BF-8DA2-4283-A81A-B0FB7B6D0AA7_zpseect8mdl.jpg

D3BB3A13-6E60-44BD-8EBF-BFAFC381DED6_zpsjprsqaek.jpg

I'm at a loss for words and you'll see why in the pics. To illustrate my point, this was my wish list:

Collecting preferences(what you might like to receive): Vintage Disneyland items (pre 1970), Bob Montana Art, Rex W Lindsay OA, a Buck Rogers Ray Gun, vintage Sleeping Beauty toys/art.

And now for the gifts:

23809155742_bf68f622ad_k.jpg

This is pretty adorable. I'm gonna frame it. I love it.

23891370196_07de60ddbe_k.jpg

I had been eyeing this for a while on eBay but never pulled the trigger. It's from Disneyland, it's Sleeping Beauty, and it's pre 1970. It's a stunning book inside too, seriously. I was over the moon with this!

23917452945_bfddeca665_k.jpg

Then I opened this last (as per card instructions). I didn't really think someone would buy me Bob Montana OA. I don't own any, and he is my favorite artist. He gave my favorite comic book characters life! This gag strip embodies the relationship between Archie and Mr. Weatherbee. It's also a beautiful piece of OA overall, and it's in amazing condition.

Austin/Bomfy, you went above and beyond. I texted my boyfriend and best friend (and then told all of Facebook) that they all needed to take notes. Your gift has sincerely humbled me, and I can never really thank you enough. These are perfect, and far beyond the scope of what I was expecting.

You are the best, and I will fight anyone who disagrees. <3

Can you post bigger pictures? They are kind of hard to see.

:shy:

Sorry guys and gals! I'm currently working on my phone until I get a working laptop again. Maybe someone I'm related to could buy me a new laptop instead of a new PS4...

One of the best things about celebrating Hanukkah is that it is always earlier than Christmas, so you have a legal excuse not to wait;)

Every year I ask for something for my desk. I figure that it's hard to buy stuff for me, and...I could use a Wonder Woman Mug. I've gotten some really terrific gifts that I never in a million years would have thought of, and I love them all, but no mugs...

Jack (Doc McCoy) must have read my mind...I got this great Mug! FINALLY...plus Playing cards, a really neat book with GA stories (so I don't have to rip my GA books to shreds) and a Wonder Woman to sit on my computer...PLUS playing cards!

They are all going on my desk:) Sorry for the blurry pictures, they are very nice! My phone however, needed an update;)

Thanks so much Jack...you were so nice ! :foryou:(worship)

2015-12-18%2022.08.41.jpg

2015-12-18%2022.11.19.jpg

I'm at a loss for words and you'll see why in the pics. To illustrate my point, this was my wish list:

Collecting preferences(what you might like to receive): Vintage Disneyland items (pre 1970), Bob Montana Art, Rex W Lindsay OA, a Buck Rogers Ray Gun, vintage Sleeping Beauty toys/art.

And now for the gifts:

23809155742_bf68f622ad_k.jpg

This is pretty adorable. I'm gonna frame it. I love it.

23891370196_07de60ddbe_k.jpg

I had been eyeing this for a while on eBay but never pulled the trigger. It's from Disneyland, it's Sleeping Beauty, and it's pre 1970. It's a stunning book inside too, seriously. I was over the moon with this!

23917452945_bfddeca665_k.jpg

Then I opened this last (as per card instructions). I didn't really think someone would buy me Bob Montana OA. I don't own any, and he is my favorite artist. He gave my favorite comic book characters life! This gag strip embodies the relationship between Archie and Mr. Weatherbee. It's also a beautiful piece of OA overall, and it's in amazing condition.

Austin/Bomfy, you went above and beyond. I texted my boyfriend and best friend (and then told all of Facebook) that they all needed to take notes. Your gift has sincerely humbled me, and I can never really thank you enough. These are perfect, and far beyond the scope of what I was expecting.

You are the best, and I will fight anyone who disagrees. <3

You're very welcome. I don't really know what else to say after your post, I am glad you like them so much.

Let's get this party started. :banana:

Chanukah celebrator here.

My Chanukah Harry (SNL Reference) was ComicDoc. I asked for some Golden Age reading material and ComicDoc sure delivered with some super nice hardcovers.

Marvel Masterworks Sub-Mariner volume 1

Marvel Masterworks Sub-Mariner volume 2

DC Archive Editions Hawkman volume 1

Thanks Bernard. This here looks like some 9.8 quality reading!

2462D8BF-8DA2-4283-A81A-B0FB7B6D0AA7_zpseect8mdl.jpg

D3BB3A13-6E60-44BD-8EBF-BFAFC381DED6_zpsjprsqaek.jpg

I am so glad you like them!!! :whee:

One of the best things about celebrating Hanukkah is that it is always earlier than Christmas, so you have a legal excuse not to wait;)

Every year I ask for something for my desk. I figure that it's hard to buy stuff for me, and...I could use a Wonder Woman Mug. I've gotten some really terrific gifts that I never in a million years would have thought of, and I love them all, but no mugs...

Jack (Doc McCoy) must have read my mind...I got this great Mug! FINALLY...plus Playing cards, a really neat book with GA stories (so I don't have to rip my GA books to shreds) and a Wonder Woman to sit on my computer...PLUS playing cards!

They are all going on my desk:) Sorry for the blurry pictures, they are very nice! My phone however, needed an update;)

Wow, great gifts! You can never have too much WW stuff. I need to figure out where a person can get those playing cards.

-- Joanna

Wow, great gifts! You can never have too much WW stuff. I need to figure out where a person can get those playing cards.

-- Joanna

Wow my daughter would be in heaven

Jack (Doc McCoy) must have read my mind...I got this great Mug! FINALLY...plus Playing cards, a really neat book with GA stories (so I don't have to rip my GA books to shreds) and a Wonder Woman to sit on my computer...PLUS playing cards! ;)

;)

-- Joanna

You can find the playing cards on Amazon (where else?) - Josh ;)