• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Collectors Thread: pickups, trades, WTBs, collection pics, etc.
1 1

218 posts in this topic

I wish I could buy that collection. There's more profit to be made if you piece it out.

Think so? Break out by game system?

I would definitely piece it out as well Aggiez. I'd list game by game, and system by system. Unless you're just looking to move it quick. You'll get far more action on individual listings for those who are after really nice CIB games they want like Zelda, rather than a large amount of items they most likely already have.

I dunno about game by game, that's a lot of work, but I'd list the CIBs in small groups (by system) and the loose games in larger groups (by system). The best CIBs you'd probably sell separately.

And yeah a random mish mash lot is not the best way to go. Nobody wants to buy (and ship) 25 copies of some drek comic just to get the one they actually want.

And judging from what I know of october he's probably interested in the nicer CIBs :)

I wish I could buy that collection. There's more profit to be made if you piece it out.

Think so? Break out by game system?

I would definitely piece it out as well Aggiez. I'd list game by game, and system by system. Unless you're just looking to move it quick. You'll get far more action on individual listings for those who are after really nice CIB games they want like Zelda, rather than a large amount of items they most likely already have.

I dunno about game by game, that's a lot of work, but I'd list the CIBs in small groups (by system) and the loose games in larger groups (by system). The best CIBs you'd probably sell separately.

And yeah a random mish mash lot is not the best way to go. Nobody wants to buy (and ship) 25 copies of some drek comic just to get the one they actually want.

And judging from what I know of october he's probably interested in the nicer CIBs :)

Good feedback Bronty, thanks. I really don't want to sell individual so I like this approach better.

...and you know October well ;^)

Lego Star Wars Force Awakens > Star Wars Battlefront (latest incarnation)

Traveller's Tales does it again...

1000 Achievement Points and 100% Completed btw...

Now let's see what that season pass brings...

Played games for year, only started collecting complete or sealed copies about 6 years ago. I do have a few that are graded, don't have photos of the group, sorry.

So far, these are the graded ones, ungraded and cib's would take too long.

The majority are 85ish, but good enough for me. I sent most of these in for grading over the last few years, still have lots to be graded.

Alundra 85\PS1

Grandia 85\PS1

Chrono Cross 85\PS1

Final Fantasy Anthology 85\PS1

Persona 2 90\PS1

Return Fire 85\PS1

Joust 80+\NES

Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 85\XBOX

Shien's Revenge 90\SNES

Doom 85+\SNES

Equinox 85\SNES

Illusion of Gaia 80+\SNES

Wolfenstein 80+\SNES

Zelda 85+\SNES

Blackthorne 75+\SNES

Double Dragon Shadow 85\SNES

Young Merlin 85\SNES

Azure Dreams 85+\PS1

Azure Dreams 85+\PS1

Medievil 90\PS1

Medievil 85+\PS1

Silent Hill 85+\PS1

Chocobo Racing 85+\PS1

Thousand Arms 85\PS1

Dark Cloud 2 85\PS2

Fable 2 Limited 90\XBOX 360

Dragon Age 2 Signature 85+\XBOX 360

Here is a photo of one:

Wolfenstein-sm.jpg

I just noticed Overstreet is putting out a Guide to Collecting Video Games this December. Will they incorporate a price guide? Should be interesting.

I happen to know someone working on the project... or at least involved with. Didn't realize it was coming out this soon, cool.

I'm a little less enthused as I was before though seeing the low ($15) price point and the fact that its part of a 'how to' series. Those two things have me thinking more fluff than definitive guide. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Overdue bump... what news, gentlemen?

I received my Art of Atari book a few days back, I can heartily recommend it despite having generally little interest in atari. Super, super well done.

Recommend you pick one up if you haven't yet.

650x650_92a962297bcab84ae397c04c7a9cd72eb0b09cffdc3c63d91e4d077c.jpg

Overdue bump... what news, gentlemen?

I received my Art of Atari book a few days back, I can heartily recommend it despite having generally little interest in atari. Super, super well done.

Recommend you pick one up if you haven't yet.

650x650_92a962297bcab84ae397c04c7a9cd72eb0b09cffdc3c63d91e4d077c.jpg

I picked it up and agree. My first system as a kid was the Atari 800, and this book has a little write up about that machine. Very well put together book and my copy came with a coupon for some free Steam games as well :-)

I went to the Walker Stalker Con in Atlanta this past Halloween weekend and had this Game Informer with Destiny on the cover signed by Lauren Cohan (Exo Stranger) and Lennie James (Lord Shaxx). I know not everyone is a fan of the game, Bungie or Activision but it was great talking to both about the game. My wife told me prior to seeing both that neither would know what was on the cover of the magazine and we were both surprised at how much they knew about the game and how much they loved talking about it.

TXCE8ax.jpg[/img]