• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video Game Collectors Thread: pickups, trades, WTBs, collection pics, etc.
1 1

218 posts in this topic

There seem to be a lot of video game collectors on here, so I thought I would start a thread where we can show our collections, talk about stuff, trade and share our latest pickups.

Here's some of my collection. I mostly go after VF to NM complete in box NES, SNES, Genesis and Neo Geo games. I collect a little bit of PS1 and X-Box as well, but not much.

Just in case anyone has any that they might part with, currently looking for complete in box in nice shape:

NES:

Contra

Mega Man 3

Ninja Gaiden 3

SNES:

Mega Man X

Wild Guns

Ninja Warriors

Space Megaforce

Final Fight 1, 2

Dracula X

Genesis:

Punisher

1_zps7jlinhxq.jpg

2_zpskxquwgrv.jpg

Nice games (and foot)!

FF II (IV) -- very awesome.

Earthbound?

No Earthbound (yet). That thing is pricey complete in box!

Never played it as a kid, but I have heard it is awesome.

I missed Earthbound, too. My friend got me into RPGs with FF III (VI) and then I went back and played II (IV). Played Mystic Quest, but somehow missed Earthbound. :P

Been trying to find a good (i.e. not on the computer) way to play it since then. Will have to see how easy/difficult it is to setup on the Wii.

Edited by manetteska

This thread is for me too! I will get some pics up. Did a trdade with october and yes, hsi collection is great.

I have MM3 IB but unlikely to meet your standards. I need that Zombies and Ninja Gaiden.

Nice games (and foot)!

Earthbound?

I missed Earthbound, too. My friend got me into RPGs with FF III (VI) and then I went back and played II (IV). Played Mystic Quest, but somehow missed Earthbound. :P

Been trying to find a good (i.e. not on the computer) way to play it since then. Will have to see how easy/difficult it is to setup on the Wii.

I noticed that Chrono Trigger is conspicuously missing from your list. If you've missed that, you should play that before Earthbound, it is one of the best RPG's ever and the best SNES RPG.

Nice games (and foot)!

Earthbound?

I like playing on the original hardware, but emulators are great for some games....like Final Fantasy 1. I remember having to drag myself out of dungeons to save, which would take forever. That "save state" on my NES emulator came in handy.

If any of you are into vintage computer games, check out Good Old Game (GOG.com). They have updated a ton of old stuff to work on current OSs. I've been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Castles 2, Lords of the Realm 2, and a bunch of other ones I loved as a kid.

Nice games (and foot)!

Earthbound?

I noticed that Chrono Trigger is conspicuously missing from your list. If you've missed that, you should play that before Earthbound, it is one of the best RPG's ever and the best SNES RPG.

I have a copy (it's in the pics somewhere) and it is indeed a great game.

Being into comics, I remember playing a cheesey Nintendo Superman game for NES. Not the Death and Return one, the one before. I remember him spinning around to go subterranean. Good times. I also remember getting Metriod for NES and thought what a great game that was with all of the hidden rooms with the awesome weapons.

The game that really blew me away was FF1. I couldn't figure out how to play the damn thing for about a day and then it clicked. It was groundbreaking for me. :cloud9:

Nice games (and foot)!

Earthbound?

I played that one, too. And its "sequel" on PlayStation. Also played Secret of Evermore and Mana. :)

And Ogre Battle! I don't think I have ever finished that game, but I clearly remember playing it dozens of times, with fond memories of scouting the forest for Ghosts and Skeletons to recruit.

Playing Natural Doctrine right now for PS4.

Nice games (and foot)!

Earthbound?

I have a copy (it's in the pics somewhere) and it is indeed a great game.

Chrono Trigger was the one with the dog sidekick, wasn't it?

great thread october :headbang:

I'll have some stuff up for sale and trade later tonight.

currently looking for:

SNES Metal Warriors

SNES Ghoul Patrol

SNES Clock Tower

SNES Hagane

SNES Dracula X

SNES Space Megaforce

SNES Wild Guns

SNES Shadowrun

SNES Mega Man 7

SEGA Slaughterhouse 2

SEGA Slaughterhouse 3

No box needed, I do prefer nice clean carts - manuals are always a plus

To anyone that hasn't watched Angry Video Game Nerd on Youtube you are missing out. He plays and beetches about a lot of older stuff. I think I've probably watched them all twice over, and I haven't played games (outside of Resident Evil) in years.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=angry+video+game+nerd

20151222_162722_zpsgvqm6vhc.jpg

My boxed games. More nes centric and not as elite. I need a better storage/display solution. Too much stuff.

I had no intention of getting into snes boxes aside from zelda but... here we are...

Edited by yecul

Might as well throw up a WTB too, mine is fairly easy.

I'm interested in anything Phantasy Star Online related, especially if it's Dreamcast related. I have all the game releases and such, most of the applicable magazines, the keyboard, but if anyone has like retail posters (not from magazines) are minty-in box related items I don't know about I'd be interested.

Also interested in Final Fantasy 7 oddities, specifically promo items. Like I recently bought a gigantic banner Best Buy had from the 90's advertising it in the store, not interested in products that were actually for sale.

I have a LOT of the Dreamcast (in general not just PSO specific) items already but if somebody has vintage promo posters for games or retail standees etc, I'd be interested as well.

Nice display and collection.

Game collections are hard to display without them looking like a bunch of clutter. That looks really sharp.

Nice games (and foot)!

Earthbound?

I like playing on the original hardware, but emulators are great for some games....like Final Fantasy 1. I remember having to drag myself out of dungeons to save, which would take forever. That "save state" on my NES emulator came in handy.

If any of you are into vintage computer games, check out Good Old Game (GOG.com). They have updated a ton of old stuff to work on current OSs. I've been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Castles 2, Lords of the Realm 2, and a bunch of other ones I loved as a kid.

Plus no DRM. You buy the game, and it's yours.