• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 1 & 2 appreciation thread
1 1

67 posts in this topic

The first two films rival the current trilogy that just wrapped. No Way Home used its cameos poorly. Forced them in just to say, hey remember these guys? Instead of giving them something meaningful to contribute to the movie. I think people rave about it because they were just happy to see the reunion. The first two Spider-Man flicks were on par with the first two Nolan Batman flicks. Followed by a weaker third act. It’s sad there hasn’t been a better Spider-Man movie since then.

On 5/12/2022 at 5:26 AM, ▫️ said:

The first two films rival the current trilogy that just wrapped. No Way Home used its cameos poorly. Forced them in just to say, hey remember these guys? Instead of giving them something meaningful to contribute to the movie. I think people rave about it because they were just happy to see the reunion. The first two Spider-Man flicks were on par with the first two Nolan Batman flicks. Followed by a weaker third act. It’s sad there hasn’t been a better Spider-Man movie since then.

I actually liked the way they used them in No Way Home. They offered their own bits of wisdom and experience being Spidey - and I felt they had a good amount of screen time in multiple scenes (it is a Tom Holland Spider-man film after all) - rather than a super-quick cameo. I thought they integrated them well into the movie. 

I like the Tom Holland Spideys, but it's hard to top the first two Spider-mans. I just finished re-watching all three a few weeks ago (and then rewatched No Way Home), and they still hold up amazingly.