• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No indicia...

8 posts in this topic

If a book has no indicia, how is a date determined for printing on the slab label?

Are you talking about GA books? Over the years, research has been able to determine some dates even when no date is printed on the book. That research is reflected in the entries in Overstreet or the GCD site. I would guess CGC looks to those sources for guidance on dates.

This is a Modern book, a promotional comic with no traditional indicia.

With just a small bit of research the Year and publisher are fairly self-evident to me, but I am not sure about CGC's official workflow, or standards, for determining these datapoints.

So for now, I guess "research" is the answer and I'll cross my fingers hoping they reach the same conclusions as me.

This is a Modern book, a promotional comic with no traditional indicia.

With just a small bit of research the Year and publisher are fairly self-evident to me, but I am not sure about CGC's official workflow, or standards, for determining these datapoints.

So for now, I guess "research" is the answer and I'll cross my fingers hoping they reach the same conclusions as me.

You can always contact them and let them know what you've found.

You are, of course, correct. Out of respect for their time I would be hesitant to ask them to do the legwork that would be required if I were to submit the book, prior to actually submitting the book.

This one will just be a roll of the dice.

Does anyone know if books are slabbed with no year listed on the label?

I would try to do the legwork of finding out the original printing date. I once sent in some foreign comics and they could not figure out the date, and left it off. You could even post a picture of the book and there is a good chance someone else on the boards has the answer.