• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC stance on MVS oversight or policy change

36 posts in this topic

The verification look up shows Universal - there are grader notes hm

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx?cgc-comic-cert=0268632001&grader-notes=yes

Ya it sold on ebay about 4 days ago ($801) now he is trying to sell it on the facebook groups for $995 which is full GPA for a complete blue.

A Q5.5 often runs around $500.

Which lead me to here...if they have changed their stance sellers seem to not mind as the ebay sale netted $300 more than if it was green.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx?cgc-comic-cert=0268632001&grader-notes=yes

Ya it sold on ebay about 4 days ago ($801) now he is trying to sell it on the facebook groups for $995 which is full GPA for a complete blue.

Which lead me to here...if they have changed their stance sellers seem to not mind as the ebay sale netted $300 more than if it was green.

If the buyer was smart, they'd be wise to return it with ebays buyer protection. Sure they'd lose on return shipping, but get out of Dodge.

If the buyer was smart, they'd be wise to return it with ebays buyer protection. Sure they'd lose on return shipping, but get out of Dodge.

I don't think this buyer is smart unfortunately...He constantly buys books (at auction on ebay), receives them and brags about them. Then posts a day later being like hate to sell it but I must at +20% of what he bought it at 2 days earlier when he has often paid gpa average or gpa highs.

They haven't changed their stance - it's a QC error; the book looks like a Fine copy which means the missing MVS isn't affecting the grade which means Green label slab.

That's a pretty big error...

I don't think it's a big deal. The missing stamp is noted on the slab and it's labeled as incomplete. The only mistake is the label is the wrong color. Buyers have some responsibility to read what they're buying.

If the missing stamp was not noted, that would be a big error.

if the missing MVS is factored into the grade, then what is there to be "qualified"?

Or is everyone saying the grade should be lower than 5.5 if they factored in the missing part of an interior page that doesnt affect the story?

if the missing MVS is factored into the grade, then what is there to be "qualified"?

Or is everyone saying the grade should be lower than 5.5 if they factored in the missing part of an interior page that doesnt affect the story?

From the front cover it looks to be right around a 5.5 spine damage + staining top right.

I was just curious if CGC is now going to a blue label and just noting the book as a 5.5 incomplete and putting that on the label. The other guys don't have a green label and downgrade (hard) for books missing stamps. They also don't have a purple label which has caused some confusion but definitely taken away some of the stigma for restored books.

Or

Is the book a 7.0 and CGC has downgraded it to a 5.5 (unlikely), but the ebay seller claims this book is a 7.0.

Or

CGC put this in a universal holder and it should be a 5.5 Q

They haven't changed their stance - it's a QC error; the book looks like a Fine copy which means the missing MVS isn't affecting the grade which means Green label slab.

I don't think it's a big deal. The missing stamp is noted on the slab and it's labeled as incomplete. The only mistake is the label is the wrong color. Buyers have some responsibility to read what they're buying.

This :applause:

This :applause:

I think if they begin down this slippery slope, the whole census goes haywire for universals. Green label owners will be resubbing at a rapid clip too

I don't think this buyer is smart unfortunately...He constantly buys books (at auction on ebay), receives them and brags about them. Then posts a day later being like hate to sell it but I must at +20% of what he bought it at 2 days earlier when he has often paid gpa average or gpa highs.

:idea:

Why didn't I think of that?!

Jerome

Or

Is the book a 7.0 and CGC has downgraded it to a 5.5 (unlikely), but the ebay seller claims this book is a 7.0.

If this book was in a blue label slab, it would be a 0.5.

Or

CGC put this in a universal holder and it should be a 5.5 Q

:winnah: