• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newest way to buy comics on the internet

34 posts in this topic

It would feel a little more legit if the guys running the thing didn't all sound like bit actors from the Boiler Room. It could be young guys are the only ones who feel comfortable putting it on but wow these guys sound a bit rougher then most comic book guys I know.

These have been around for quite a while. Many are frauds, I imagine a few are legit. I don't have the desire or the free time to differentiate. I'd take a certain $20 book over a $20 chance at a larger book, even if it's the same value "in theory".

If the price of the entries is equal to the FMV, why not just sell it outright?

Has to be more of a headache to collect all of those fees, then setup a raffle, then get sad people calling you a cheat when the don't win.

Usually its over FMV and usually it involves a group of friends winning each other's books while they collect money from non-winning strangers. Very popular among the facebook and google plus crowds.

used to do this back in the day when i played Marvel WOH...used to go into a lobby room on a app called Line and watch people post the number in the chat room...did it twice when i played and actually won something in it. But, i always felt that it was rigged and after i won something i just stop from there. I have very bad luck at gambling. Good luck on the draw 1cool....hopefully you will pull something great!

used to do this back in the day when i played Marvel WOH...used to go into a lobby room on a app called Line and watch people post the number in the chat room...did it twice when i played and actually won something in it. But, i always felt that it was rigged and after i won something i just stop from there. I have very bad luck at gambling. Good luck on the draw 1cool....hopefully you will pull something great!

I did buy 2 spots in the raffle last night for the IH 181 CGC 7.0 and I was 3rd on the final shuffle. The guy who won actually sent back a IH 181 CGC 8.0 last year when CGC accidently sent him the book. Glad it went to someone who deserves some good karma.

I did buy 2 spots in the raffle last night for the IH 181 CGC 7.0 and I was 3rd on the final shuffle. The guy who won actually sent back a IH 181 CGC 8.0 last year when CGC accidently sent him the book. Glad it went to someone who deserves some good karma.

do they have a third place winner...would be nice to get a decent modern out of it. Or! everyone who participates and doesn't get 1st, 2nd or 3rd, gets a copy of woodgod # 1. (thumbs u

do they have a third place winner...would be nice to get a decent modern out of it. Or! everyone who participates and doesn't get 1st, 2nd or 3rd, gets a copy of woodgod # 1. (thumbs u

There was one where the 1st and 2nd place got a nice books (DC Presents 26) but most have the 1st place being the only winner.