• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane post some art!

41 posts in this topic

While ,sure todd does not need the money. it really depends if he has a attachment to the art, as an budding artist myself. some art I have done while may put a smile on my face there are only a few things that I would hold on to that really stands out to me.

Todd said in the video that he sucked at drawing certain poses and did a lot of short cuts just to get the piece done on a deadline. for sure I would not call that his best work. so yes he may keep cause he sold most of his spidy work. and it a cool reminder of days past.

But belive me when I say this you offer him a few millions for it. I bet he hand deliver that puppy to you. lol.

Todd regrets selling so much of his best artwork, especially on spider-man. This is likely the best piece he has left.

While ,sure todd does not need the money. it really depends if he has a attachment to the art, as an budding artist myself. some art I have done while may put a smile on my face there are only a few things that I would hold on to that really stands out to me.

Todd said in the video that he sucked at drawing certain poses and did a lot of short cuts just to get the piece done on a deadline. for sure I would not call that his best work. so yes he may keep cause he sold most of his spidy work. and it a cool reminder of days past.

But belive me when I say this you offer him a few millions for it. I bet he hand deliver that puppy to you. lol.

Todd regrets selling so much of his best artwork, especially on spider-man. This is likely the best piece he has left.

I suspect both statements are true. best thing he has left, but I'm sure he'd still sell it (I mean only if the offer were obscene).

well. on that note I would hold on to it as well, just for a reminder of the good ol days. ;]

I suspect both statements are true. best thing he has left, but I'm sure he'd still sell it (I mean only if the offer were obscene).

as the saying goes, every man has his price. If I could go into six figures for a McSpidey, this would be the one. I remember being blown away by the cover on the spiderman venom TPB. Too bad his idea to use Venom while for the first arc of the second Spider-man series was nixed by editorial, could have resulted in some amazing McVenom art like this

I have a hard time believing even $75M. But I haven't followed him much-- for all I know he could have been buying Silicon Valley real estate all these years-- so if he's worth that much scratch, then good for him!

Were you alive in the 90s? lol

Spawn was EVERYWHERE.

Between the money he's earned from his share in Image Comics and his toy company...yeah. $300 million? Sounds about right.

I have a hard time believing even $75M. But I haven't followed him much-- for all I know he could have been buying Silicon Valley real estate all these years-- so if he's worth that much scratch, then good for him!

Spawn was EVERYWHERE.

Between the money he's earned from his share in Image Comics and his toy company...yeah. $300 million? Sounds about right.

I guess only he and his accountant can say for sure-- and sorry if I'm being stubborn-- but I still say no way he's worth $300M just off comics and toys. I suppose one could claim a paper value on the toy company, as it's privately held, but even then, that still seems too high.

Don't really care one way or the other, just saying it doesn't pass the smell test to me.

Spawn was EVERYWHERE.

I guess only he and his accountant can say for sure-- and sorry if I'm being stubborn-- but I still say no way he's worth $300M just off comics and toys. I suppose one could claim a paper value on the toy company, as it's privately held, but even then, that still seems too high.

Don't really care one way or the other, just saying it doesn't pass the smell test to me.

How much did he pay for those baseballs? Also, he was a minority owner of a hockey team. He's got some coinage.

The Spawn movie took in 100,000,000.00 to date. He had 3 seasons of a successful show on HBO of the same name. He co-owned (owns?) one of the most successful comic book publishers of the last 20 years, he has a huge toy company and was a very highly paid artist for years before with Marvel.

And this is before you even count what he has made on the Spawn comics and associated spin offs and video games/licensing rights.

I can see 300 million net worth.

There you go. I'd take all these numbers with a big grain of salt.

I think some of you overestimate the earnings potential of HBO shows, movies, and comic book publishing. Especially in the case of Image, where they mostly perform administrative functions...they don't own the IP of the books they publish.

As for the toys, margins are slim, slim, slim. Especially considering he's been mostly producing licensed products.

So is he really worth $300M? OK, I won't say absolutely no, but if he is, it's not just from comics and toys.

I think some of you overestimate the earnings potential of HBO shows, movies, and comic book publishing. Especially in the case of Image, where they mostly perform administrative functions...they don't own the IP of the books they publish.

As for the toys, margins are slim, slim, slim. Especially considering he's been mostly producing licensed products.

So is he really worth $300M? OK, I won't say absolutely no, but if he is, it's not just from comics and toys.

I'd subscribe to this line of thinking. Todd is worth big money for all the reasons mentioned but I would not put it as high as 300 for the factors alone. I'll buy 300 but under the presumption that there is more contributing factors than his comic/toy ventures, etc.

Well, NW is private info in the first place, I suspect all those NW estimates are +/- $100m. More importantly, Taylor's only been around a little while. She'll blow by him before its all said and done.

good points also (thumbs u

The networth sites are bunk and even Forbes greatly misses a lot.

300 Million would be a lot but unless he made several mistakes 75 million is believable. He was working at a time and a company where new no name artists were getting incredible checks to draw monthly books, and he had a top selling one. There were articles about Chaep Yaep making ends.

Admittedly, he didn't have the large studio with several books, but there had to be a 3 year period or where each issue published was landing him serious change. Liefeld was paying Platt 40k an issue in the 90s. Imagine what Liefeld's end still would have had to be, considering he still had to pay for printing, the writer and coloring.

Wasn't the rumor about the delay with Pitt was that Keown got that first IMAGE check and was just out for awhile? I'm not saying he's got the money in the bank but considering potential portfolio, assets and property? It's not farfetched (though admittedly high end)

These IMAGE guys made more bank than I think most of us would guess. Jim Lee does or used to (I don't keep up with dudes) live in my neighborhood, he's doing okay.

Someone mentioned Swift, she's really just entering her earning prime, she's gonna earn 100 million + for the next few years.