• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McFarlane post some art!

41 posts in this topic

I wonder if he going to hold on to it or sell it. iam sure he,s thinking about it.

Knowing how Todd wishes he'd kept more of his spiderman art, now that he's got you money for 10 lifetimes I think it's a safe bet he's gonna keep it. Always thought that was one of his very best Spider-man pieces. The best featuring Venom by far, imo.

I wonder if he going to hold on to it or sell it. iam sure he,s thinking about it.

Knowing how Todd wishes he'd kept more of his spiderman art, now that he's got you money for 10 lifetimes I think it's a safe bet he's gonna keep it. Always thought that was one of his very best Spider-man pieces. The best featuring Venom by far, imo.

It's supposed to read:

Knowing how Todd wishes he'd kept more of his spiderman art, now that he's got f you money for 10 lifetimes I think it's a safe bet he's gonna keep it. Always thought that was one of his very best Spider-man pieces. The best featuring Venom by far, imo.

Not sure why the first sentence in my post didn't show up: by f you money I was thinking about the great speech john goodman gave in the gambler with mark walhberg. Not sure if i can post the you tube clip, but it's great

Heh...that's gotta be a goof.

Why? McFarlane owns a very successful private business. Shoot, comics money was nothing to sneeze at once upon a time. John Byrne said under oath in a court hearing he earned approx. 20 million as a comic book artist.

People laugh at Todd's intellect, think he's stupid for doing things like buying those home run balls but doing the latter bought him more publicity than 3million in advertising ever could have. McFarlane is an incredibly adept businessman and see's opportunities and ways to take advantage of situations. He works in the entertainment area but I think at this point he could function in any area of the corporate world and be highly successful. It's too bad (for us comics fans) he's not more involved in comics as a publisher

http://ohdannyboy.blogspot.com/2012/09/when-i-am-working-for-marvel-i-am-loyal.html

I have a hard time believing even $75M. But I haven't followed him much-- for all I know he could have been buying Silicon Valley real estate all these years-- so if he's worth that much scratch, then good for him!

While ,sure todd does not need the money. it really depends if he has a attachment to the art, as an budding artist myself. some art I have done while may put a smile on my face there are only a few things that I would hold on to that really stands out to me.

Todd said in the video that he sucked at drawing certain poses and did a lot of short cuts just to get the piece done on a deadline. for sure I would not call that his best work. so yes he may keep cause he sold most of his spidy work. and it a cool reminder of days past.

But belive me when I say this you offer him a few millions for it. I bet he hand deliver that puppy to you. lol.