• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Not that I'm telling CGC how to run their business but...

68 posts in this topic

... with major cons a ways off, sure would be a good time to get caught up as much as possible.

2c

but you are telling cgc how to run their bussiness

lol

So, are you insinuating that he is posting in a passive aggressive manner? :troll:

Jokes aside, Walkin' Willie should get Walkin' back to posting this sort of underhanded drivel to a less....informed....crowd of sheeple over on Facebook comic groups.

He won't find any support for his baseless slights towards CGC on this board.

I do my best to stay out of this nonsense but I have to ask...

Are you for real?

Yes.

CGC (and Voldemort) will forever be behind their TAT for modern economy submissions, given the sheer volume of modern/hot book subs they get.

Anyone who has subbed books to CGC (or Voldemort) once should grasp this, both companies are inundated with modern economy subs.Modern subs account for most of their business.It is disrespectful to our host to either not understand this or expect a 30 day turn around, with modern economy tier

If you opt to pay the extra $10 or so for fast track grading then the wait time is cut back to about a month.

My advice to the OP would be to cough up the fast track fees next time around and stop with the retroactive complaining....

Just like any other service in life, you get what you pay for :)

... with major cons a ways off, sure would be a good time to get caught up as much as possible.

2c

lol

So, are you insinuating that he is posting in a passive aggressive manner? :troll:

Jokes aside, Walkin' Willie should get Walkin' back to posting this sort of underhanded drivel to a less....informed....crowd of sheeple over on Facebook comic groups.

Are you for real?

Yes.

CGC (and Voldemort) will forever be behind their TAT for modern economy submissions, given the sheer volume of modern/hot book subs they get.

Anyone who has subbed books to CGC (or Voldemort) once should grasp this, both companies are inundated with modern economy subs.Modern subs account for most of their business.It is disrespectful to our host to either not understand this or expect a 30 day turn around, with modern economy tier

If you opt to pay the extra $10 or so for fast track grading then the wait time is cut back to about a month.

My advice to the OP would be to cough up the fast track fees next time around and stop with the retroactive complaining....

I did not explain myself well. I was not just talking about this thread... I was talking about overall, in all that you say, in all that you do.

2c

lol

Are you for real?

Yes.

That's precisely what I told you when you were complaining about pressing TATs.

hm

Quality thread.

You sure it's not more of a....Timely....thread...?

:rimshot:

It's a Marvel for sure

So TATs havent even been brought down by the Distinguished Competition.

2c

lol

Are you for real?

Yes.

I did not explain myself well. I was not just talking about this thread... I was talking about overall, in all that you say, in all that you do.

:roflmao:

Fast Track incentives CGC to NOT improve their turnaround times.

Exactly. Coughing up for fast track just enables them to not change anything. Why should they when people will pay them more?

Thank you sir. May I have another?

Quality thread.

You sure it's not more of a....Timely....thread...?

:rimshot:

It's a Marvel for sure

So TATs havent even been brought down by the Distinguished Competition.

Their Image sure hasn't suffered. People keep submitting and paying for fast track

The plan is working

giphy.gif

Why not just revised their posted turnaround times to something that reflects reality?

I own a service company and if my service people were constantly weeks behind when they said they would get there, we wouldn't have any business.

Yes, competition is a factor, for sure, but, still, if you advertise a service, live up to your claims.

In this case, don't mislead the consumer, if you really can't meet your targets due to demand, change your targets.

It's better than sacrificing quality, and at least you will have slightly less complaining about your service.

Anyone else think their non-fast track prices are crazy low? $18 to grade a book, encapsulate it and everything else that goes into the process for under $20 seems cheap to me.

Anyone else think their non-fast track prices are crazy low? $18 to grade a book, encapsulate it and everything else that goes into the process for under $20 seems cheap to me.

Modena are a different animal. Without knowing the process I imagine they spend a fraction of the time on Moderns they give to other books. You can get many more done in the same time period you would grading silver and golden age books.

Fast Track incentives CGC to NOT improve their turnaround times.

Exactly. I now pay $8 extra per book to wait 3x longer to get them back. MFT used to be 8-10 days, was that way for years. Now it is close to a month.

Depends on how much it costs them I guess.

2c

lol

Are you for real?

Yes.

The stop buying copper books. They suck.

This is my favorite thread of 2016.

In fairness, there hasn't been much competition. Yet. lol

Head on over to "Original Comic Art"

Weird HA Results Query

There is discussion whether or not a few prominent OA owners are bidding on their own items in Heritage auctions to ensure values with minimal penalty as a favor from Heritage if they should 'win' their own item.

2c

lol

Are you for real?

Yes.

time is a flat circle