• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men 1 CGC 9.6 listed on ComicLink

116 posts in this topic

Yeah pretty much fell off the face of the earth... even if there is a new movie coming out. Like I've heard before...it has to do with prices now days.

for whatever reason, the Spider-Man films focused primarily on the characters in the early silver age books and the X-Men pictures have tilted more towards Chris Claremont stories, 80's/90's characters and more contemporary stuff overall. I was a bit disappointed that both upcoming X-Men tv series will again focus on more contemporary characters, such as David Haller. One of the two series is supposedly going to focus on the Hellfire Club, so maybe we'll get a dash of some silver age folks there. Look what happens when you have a few appearances in the films, X-Men 4 sells completely disproportionally to other early books because Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver showed up in the Avengers movies. What about the Vanisher? The Blob? So many great characters not getting their due on the silver screen.

You'd think that for an asking price of over $300,000, a scan of the back cover would be posted. ;)

Not trying to knock this book but does anyone know if this is a resub from a lower grade? It appears to have been pressed significantly. The corners look flattened out and the right edge appears to have the cover shrinkage effect from aggressive pressing. Maybe Joey can chime in and give his impressions?

Beauty nonetheless (thumbs u

Funny on any given day, looks like a nice 9.4 to me,

Not one but two, soft corners,

Just sayin,

Stunning book, but I don't think it's unreasonable to point out what seem to be

very slight flaws that would typically not be inherent with a 9.6 grade on many

other, 'lesser key', books. GIven the white pages and great, clean cover though, I guess it

balances out. 2c

Just sayin,

other, 'lesser key', books. GIven the white pages and great, clean cover though, I guess it

balances out. 2c

It isn't unreasonable if that is how you feel. However, it has nothing to do with this being a big key book. There are far worse examples of over graded books that sell for a couple of hundred bucks. Over grading happens and it is not correlated to how big of a key the book is.

Great book!

Looks like a strong NM to me.

(Wether it is a CGC 9.4 or 9.6, no clue and don't care with this copy)

That spine looks awesome!

(Granted some spots you couldn't see a tic or ding unless in hand and tilted in good light. Magneto's cape and glove color are like a beacon to a color break and it looks unblemished and purdy down there.)

Wonder if it will go to auction if no takers.

Just sayin,

balances out. 2c

It isn't unreasonable if that is how you feel. However, it has nothing to do with this being a big key book. There are far worse examples of over graded books that sell for a couple of hundred bucks. Over grading happens and it is not correlated to how big of a key the book is.

I wish CGC over graded all of my keys....All of them.

I owned an over graded HG Key that I got back from CGC after cracking and pressing it.

It was one of my most important keys and one of my favorite superheroes. Even though I had my total dream grade, it was graded incorrectly.....blatantly imho. It just didn't sit well with me. I saw it as a fugly book do to the gift grade on the label. Being easily a $25K+ book at the time I thought I'd be thrilled considering my initial investment, but it was not the case. I felt a sense of false advertising as I held my new HG Key and stared at it. I knew than, I would resent this book, my supposed dream HG Key book:(

So I traded it same day I got it back for a slab where the carpet matched the drapes and the new HG key book & I have lived happily ever after since. :cloud9:

Moral is, gift grades aren't necessarily all that and a bag of chips.

If you care about the book and or it is a key - buy the book not the label or you possibly could get some feelings of remorse. Last I knew I got back into this hobby to enjoy and be happy with what I collect.

(From a non flippers perspective at least)

Just sayin,

This!

C'mon Barton - reply with a scan of your copy and remind the folks on this thread what a real 9.6 looks like! It's not even close...

Just sayin,

This!

C'mon Barton - reply with a scan of your copy and remind the folks on this thread what a real 9.6 looks like! It's not even close...

0901131515461.jpg