• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TORONTO COMICON March 18-20, 2016 presented by Fan Expo Canada

121 posts in this topic

Kevin I know you are only focussing on the Toronto Comic Con at the present time, but I have several questions regarding FanExpo Toronto this summer. How will the multiple cons happening the same weekend as the Toronto Expo affect the talent comic/celebrity being booked (Jim Lee, Scott Williams, Stan Lee, Frank Miller, ...)? As well, will we be seeing a return of the comic studios (DC, Marvel, Image, Boom, ...)? Lastly, will the dollar have an impact on what we expect to see at either the March or Summer Con/Expo?

Hoping to attend this one. Looking forward to meeting as many boardies as possible. I couldn't get drinks in Baltimore, but dammit if I don't buy at least one of you a drink. (thumbs u

Were you the one who picked up the bottle of balvenie's if so I'll be there just for a drink of that!

I have no idea what you're referring to, but it sounds very exciting. :grin:

Hoping to attend this one. Looking forward to meeting as many boardies as possible. I couldn't get drinks in Baltimore, but dammit if I don't buy at least one of you a drink. (thumbs u

Would like to meet you, Liam. (thumbs u

I would like that very much as well! :foryou: I'll shoot you deets on where to find me for the weekend via PM.

Kevin I know you are only focussing on the Toronto Comic Con at the present time, but I have several questions regarding FanExpo Toronto this summer. How will the multiple cons happening the same weekend as the Toronto Expo affect the talent comic/celebrity being booked (Jim Lee, Scott Williams, Stan Lee, Frank Miller, ...)? As well, will we be seeing a return of the comic studios (DC, Marvel, Image, Boom, ...)? Lastly, will the dollar have an impact on what we expect to see at either the March or Summer Con/Expo?

1. GUESTS There is really one major con on the same weekend as Fan Expo Canada. However our guest list for that event is shaping up quite nicely, so I guess it's not really affecting. We continue to work on securing great guests for the event, as do those other events, and Fan Expo Canada is a leading event in high demand. We'll see what happens.

2. PUBLISHERS That would be cool. A different person deals with that, but I know some companies have expressed an interest so hopefully we'll see a stronger publisher presence in 2016. It's now cheaper for them to come up, since their dollar goes farther.

3. EXCHANGE RATE Of course the exchange will have an impact, not on your costs to get into the event, but more in the cost of goods at vendor booths as they are immediately effected. American guests may bump the costs of sketches and/or autographs.

1. GUESTS There is really one major con on the same weekend as Fan Expo Canada. However our guest list for that event is shaping up quite nicely, so I guess it's not really affecting. We continue to work on securing great guests for the event, as do those other events, and Fan Expo Canada is a leading event in high demand. We'll see what happens.

2. PUBLISHERS That would be cool. A different person deals with that, but I know some companies have expressed an interest so hopefully we'll see a stronger publisher presence in 2016. It's now cheaper for them to come up, since their dollar goes farther.

3. EXCHANGE RATE Of course the exchange will have an impact, not on your costs, but more in the cost of goods at vendor booths as they are immediately effected. American guests may bump the costs of sketches and/or autographs.

Thanks for your prompt response Kevin and hopefully your return will bring the con back to its former glory days! My focus is the comic side, not so much celebrity, but my ideal would be a return of the legends in the industry and modern comic celebrities and more interactive activities/events between creator/artists and the fans.

My focus, as you know, is only on the comics side. I often find out about who the celebrities are the same day everyone else does. We are working hard to improve the experience for comic fans like yourself, and I think you can expect a healthy mix of legends and new creators between the events. March is leaning more towards the legends side, I eagerly await people's reactions when the list goes out.

Were you the one who picked up the bottle of balvenie's if so I'll be there just for a drink of that!

I have no idea what you're referring to, but it sounds very exciting. :grin:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/balvenie-s-45k-scotch-fifty-coming-soon-to-vancouver-1.3392082

Joining our guest of honor ROB LIEFELD are the following featured guests:

JOHN OSTRANDER

Suicide Squad, The Spectre, Grimjack, Star Wars and more!

SCOTT KOLINS

Adam 3, The Flash, Justice League 3001 and more!

ANDREW C. ROBINSON

The Fifth Beatle, Dusty Star, Starman and more!

GERHARD

Cerebus

For the full list of guests announced today, please visit: http://comicontoronto.com/guests/

And check back later this week for more announcements.

I'm very excited to welcome all of these guests to the Toronto Comicon, all of which are either making their first appearance in Toronto, or the first here after a long absence!

And the next batch is pretty awesome as well, a big creative team reunion!

Is there a list of vendors who will be selling at the show yet?

We'll publish it closer to the event, although most of the tables are pre-sold, we have some spots open and sometimes schedules change. Some vendors on the boards may confirm that they are coming...

Guess it's still not close enough to announce the list of vendors for this show? (shrug)

Since some of us are here to actually buy books, it would definitely be nice to see what dealers will be there. Dropping of names for guests and artists one by one doesn't really do much if you don't have a list of the dealers that will be attending. hm