• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Jan/Feb 2016 Auction

363 posts in this topic

If you zoom in on the Tec # 27, you can see how much has been done, particularly the logo and the '64 pages of action' part, it looks rather child- like.

My guess this is old and bad resto. It could perhaps be greatly improved and redone. I still think it breaks 100K tho as there is nothing on the market and the last copy they had was a year ago and a franken book.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-cgc-apparent-vf-75-extensive-a-5-off-white-pages/a/7104-92029.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

James G

Any sales recently after the last heritage copy from last year

If you zoom in on the Tec # 27, you can see how much has been done, particularly the logo and the '64 pages of action' part, it looks rather child- like.

My guess this is old and bad resto. It could perhaps be greatly improved and redone. I still think it breaks 100K tho as there is nothing on the market and the last copy they had was a year ago and a franken book.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/detective-comics-27-dc-1939-cgc-apparent-vf-75-extensive-a-5-off-white-pages/a/7104-92029.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

James G

private sales perhaps. public sales only for coverless copies.

James G

private sales perhaps. public sales only for coverless copies.

Yeah saw the comiclink coverless copies, 2 of them in the past few months

He bought the book just before prices started to go crazy. I'm sure he could probably doubled his money today if he wanted. How much would be enough for you?

Wow, cool. More power to these smart guys.

From what I've heard, McDevitt still has his copy of Tec 27.

Yes, when you've got iconic books like Action 1 and 'Tec 27, no need to sell it unless you need the money.

These 2 are bound to continue to move upwards going forward, more than any other books in the hobby. (thumbs u

He still has it and claims it has not been graded yet.

Didn't it get graded out as a 6.5 years ago?? His timing of that purchase was probably perfect too, just before the big run up.

I had another dealer tell me the same thing, that is was a 6.5. But Todd told me less then 2 months ago it had not been graded as of yet.

He still has it and claims it has not been graded yet.

Didn't it get graded out as a 6.5 years ago?? His timing of that purchase was probably perfect too, just before the big run up.

I had another dealer tell me the same thing, that is was a 6.5. But Todd told me less then 2 months ago it had not been graded as of yet.

Maybe that was just their estimated raw grade for the book which they are free to give, as opposed to an official CGC certified grade. (shrug)