• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isn't The Overstreet Guide Out Soon ?????

131 posts in this topic

A few more mainstream ones

BATMAN TEN NIGHTS OF THE BEAST

BATMAN OTHER REALITIES

BATMAN THE LAST ARKHAM

BATMAN FEATURING TWO FACE AND THE RIDDLER

BATMAN KNIGHTFALL VOLUME ONE

BATMAN KNIGHTFALL VOLUME TWO

BATMAN KNIGHTFALL VOLUME THREE

SUPERMAN ALIENS Trade Paperback

WORLD WITHOUT A SUPERMAN

SUPERMAN TARZAN Trade Paperback

SUPERMAN KRISIS OF THE KRIMSON KRYPTONITE

SUPERMAN PANIC IN THE SKY

SUPERMAN WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE MAN OF TOMORROW

SON OF SUPERMAN

SUPERMAN BIZARRO'S WORLD (Not to be confused with the non-Superman title BIZARRO WORLD)

These are so obvious, that as a sheer point of principle, I refuse to scan them and provide measurements in centimeters. Let Bob Overstreet make an effort.

I would have gladly helped, but now I'm angry.

Personally Ian, I am less concerned with the omission of new material in the guide (there is so much of it, that it doesn't surprise me at all) than I am about the rampant price inflation that goes on in the guide each year, automatically. There are books that just keep going up in price, without any confirmed sales. I just don't see how that is good for the hobby.

At least GPA is reporting confirmed sales, albeit only of graded books, but it does appear to be reliable information.

I personally dread the new guide each year. Prices go up for bronze and earlier in some weird automatic fashion. We all see that on eBay and even at conventions, mid and low grade books go for a percentage of guide, most of the time, depending on the book. I still think OS has a lot of work to do in order to be a price guide that truly reflects the value of collectible comics today.

As a reference guide, in is indispensable. A collector cannot live without it. I have purchased a new guide every year since the 3rd issue, and have every issue from #6 up (my 5th issue got absolutely trashed by my 13 year old self). I am not a Overstreet basher, I love the annual ritual of getting the guide each year, it's just that with today's computerized world of information gathering, I would like more from the guide. I want a OS web site for instance, not just a PDF version.

I have no problem sending them correction information and not getting anything more than a mention in the next guide, I think we have a obligation to help them (I helped them clean up the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer entries one year for instance). It's just that it really disturbs me to see obscure low demand books, and mid grade silver age go up every year, when the market does not seem to bear out the increases. Okay..I am done now stooges.gif

Did I mention we're grateful? Can someone tell me how many more times I have to state this on the record before people understand that we mean it?

With the greatest of respect, Arnold, that's a crock.

I have tried and tried.

I have finally posted information here, which took hours of sifting and sorting to assimilate, to PROVE that there are over four hundred DC mistakes, but you STILL DON'T SEEM TO CARE.

Nor have I EVER been thanked for my wasted efforts.

I have tried and tried.

I have finally posted information here, which took hours of sifting and sorting to assimilate, to PROVE that there are over four hundred DC mistakes, but you STILL DON'T SEEM TO CARE.

Nor have I EVER been thanked for my wasted efforts.

sad_violin.gif

Gemstone Publishing's The Official Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide, traditionally on sale in April, will debut two weeks early this year when Volume 35 reaches comics shops on March 23!

The 2005 edition of the Guide is offered in four specialty market editions: the Iron Man SC (DEC042649E) & HC (DEC042648E) and Little Lulu SC (DEC042651E) & HC (DEC042650E).

In addition to the latest pricing and market reports from the Overstreet Advisors, this edition features a wide assortment of articles, including "The Pioneer Age - The Earliest Comics," "The Lost Comic Book History of The Lone Star State," George Pérez & Marv Wolfman on the 25th anniversary of New Teen Titans #1 & the 20th anniversary of Crisis on Infinite Earths, a 70th anniversary look at Little Lulu, a quick history of Iron Man, and more.

Since 1970, only one comic book price guide has been dubbed "the Bible" for casual and die-hard collectors alike. While others have come and gone, The Official Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide has become the premier reference source for the hobby, and it covers centuries of comic book history!

The Iron Man cover, a modern interpretation of Jack Kirby & Ayers' cover for Tales of Suspense #39, was illustrated by John K. Snyder III, who in recent years has also recreated the first appearances of the Fantastic Four and the X-Men for the Guide.

The Little Lulu cover is from a John Stanley original. The late writer/artist, the driving force behind Lulu for many years, had done concept sketches for an Overstreet cover years ago, but never finished the piece. The concept sketches are featured in this edition's Little Lulu article. (Please Note: The Little Lulu HC is in very limited supply.)

Finally, Pérez provides a stunning recreation of New Teen Titans #1 for The Big, Big Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide Volume 35 (JAN052787E). A larger-sized, spiral-bound, limited edition of the regular version, The Big, Big Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide is scheduled to ship in May

893applaud-thumb.gif

This will always be a "he said she said" kind of situation, but if you're suggesting that your recent post of a few individual TPB and other titles is "proof" of this alleged list of 400 corrections, that's a pretty big leap of logic there. I'm not going to engage in a debate about the existence of this list or whether or not we ever received it, but the fact is that we have asked for information to verify corrections, and no one ever seems to have trouble providing it. We're not asking people to do our jobs - we don't *have* the books to check them, so we rely on the good will of our advisors and those who do own them to give us the info we need to verify them and get them in the book. We can't add a book just because one person calls and says a title. We need at least a bit more than that to verify the existence of the book - title, cover date, number, a look at the indicia, a cover scan, something. We're responsible to our readers and must do things this way.

But enough back and forth. If you want to lay this to rest once and for all, and prove yourself the hero of the entire industry, then lay aside the anger and post the full list of corrections - titles, copyright info, some scans if you can do that, at least enough to verify the existence of the issues you're listing - and we'll do the rest. All in the open, all above board. If your anger prevents you from doing this, then harping on it repeatedly really won't help anyone.

Post the list, Ian. I'll be the first to thank you.

If you're suggesting that your recent post of a few individual TPB and other titles is "proof" of this alleged list of 400 corrections, that's a pretty big leap of logic there.

I just added up.

My list here on this very thread refers to 173 specific issues as well as a couple of hundred amorphous previews.

Please don't belittle it by referring to it as "a few individual TPB and other titles".

Now that *does* make me envious. I really want a Dalek. What color scheme is it?

And as for your TPB etc. list, let's not start little side fights. I wasn't belittling it. But listing a bunch of titles alone and referring to still more sets of others is just not enough. I'm sorry if you or other people believe that we're not shouldering the burden of research you think we should, but how can we research something we don't know about and don't have? That's why we have such a network of advisors, and why you, Ian, are uniquely positioned to provide this kind of info for so many books. I've never once disputed the veracity of your claims that we're missing a lot. A book that is inevitably a work in progress always. But we have to do things the way we have to do things, and we need more than just titles to go on. That's the way it is.

"Come come, Doctor. We could rule this comic book world together, side by side! Join me!"

smile.gif

This is like a battle between the Master and the Doctor. The only question is which is which. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

One is a cunning linguist and the other is a master debater. Which is which? grin.gif