• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USPS Price increase, WOW!!!

180 posts in this topic

The Post office lost a ton of money from us so far this morning, Since I provide the shipping, I have quite a bit of packages for UPS

As force of habit, I had 30 boxes set aside for the post office. We crossed reference what will be cheaper, and looks like UPS will be getting 29 more packages this morning.

Only 1 to the post office, If this was 10 days ago, the post office would be getting all 30 packages.

We still have the rest of the day to go

But looks like UPS is the way to go

Out of curiosity, is it light or heavy stuff? Because I think I have been seeing an actual easing of the rates on heavy stuff that is not going across country. Stuff going coast to coast is off the charts, and UPS coming in cheaper is no surprise.

The Post office lost a ton of money from us so far this morning, Since I provide the shipping, I have quite a bit of packages for UPS

As force of habit, I had 30 boxes set aside for the post office. We crossed reference what will be cheaper, and looks like UPS will be getting 29 more packages this morning.

Only 1 to the post office, If this was 10 days ago, the post office would be getting all 30 packages.

Out of curiosity, is it light or heavy stuff? Because I think I have been seeing an actual easing of the rates on heavy stuff that is not going across country. Stuff going coast to coast is off the charts, and UPS coming in cheaper is no surprise.

It depends what you consider heavy, over 30 pounds is cheaper with UPS and even less than 5 pounds is cheaper

And yet, my local carrier didn't pick up my shipments yesterday, even though I

had requested pickup the day before. MY carrier is not a good carrier.

That isn't necessarily true. I've been told by my carrier that the postmaster forwards her the pick up notices, so if the postmaster is out sick, etc., the carriers don't get those notes. Sounds like a carppy system, but I have no reason not to believe my carrier - she is one of the most honest, hard-working people I know.

That isn't necessarily true. I've been told by my carrier that the postmaster forwards her the pick up notices, so if the postmaster is out sick, etc., the carriers don't get those notes. Sounds like a carppy system, but I have no reason not to believe my carrier - she is one of the most honest, hard-working people I know.

No, it's not necessarily true, and I am not a heartless worm, it's just that I have

tried to have friendly conversations with my carrier, and she is most ardent in

the fact that if it's over 20 lbs she isn't going to pick it up, and the little red flag

on the side of my mailbox is not valid anymore. I've reported her a time or two

recently when I did request a pickup as usual, and she still wouldn't pick up.

She lives 65 miles from my neighborhood, and my old carrier tells me she is a

cancer wherever she goes. Hopefully she'll get transfered to a route in Austin

before long.

All I can say is that if you are shipping to Canada, USPS is the best way to go. (thumbs u

If you use UPS to ship to Canada, you will most probably lose all of your Canadian customers. :gossip:

All I can say is that if you are shipping to Canada, USPS is the best way to go. (thumbs u

If you use UPS to ship to Canada, you will most probably lose all of your Canadian customers. :gossip:

Yes.

Yes.

I have not done an international one yet, Yes I agree that the USPS is the way to go on international shipping, Domestic is a whole other story

I was not talking about international, just in the US states

Edited by HOTFLIPS

INternational flat rate shipping jumped significantly. Flat rate envelope up almost 25%. Was really nice shipping a package to Germany today where I paid the buyer $3.44 for my product. :mad:

I had an absolutely horrible experience shipping via UPS to Canada for a boardie. I will never use UPS for international shipping again after that. The brokerage fee BS and the lousy service was enough for me.

No, it's not necessarily true, and I am not a heartless worm, it's just that I have

the fact that if it's over 20 lbs she isn't going to pick it up, and the little red flag

before long.

Now that would just be fun for me. If I go out of my way to pursue a workable

endeavor and you give me the middle finger thats just asking for me to mess with u

before long.

Now that would just be fun for me. If I go out of my way to pursue a workable

endeavor and you give me the middle finger thats just asking for me to mess with u

Z ok, you've given me the finger before.... :foryou:

But as to my carrier, I am not the only one that has filed a grievance on her.

She also doesn't scan in pickups when they have been requested. And I hear

that she clubs baby seals, and sprays paraquat on all the lima bean crop

as soon as they sprout.....

I had an absolutely horrible experience shipping via UPS to Canada for a boardie. I will never use UPS for international shipping again after that. The brokerage fee BS and the lousy service was enough for me.

I just received a box back from CGC on Friday and it was shipped UPS. :o

That was a first for me in over a decade. I've always received Fed-Ex'ed shipments from them. Hope UPS is not going to be their preferred method of shipping. :(

Needless to say, I was dinged with a brokerage fee by UPS and, even more aggravating, had to pay for it prior to delivery. Easy, right? No, if you pay that fee online or by phone - the modern way - it takes 2 business days before it's even communicated to the driver. So, by that time you could use up all your delivery attempts and, as in my case, would have to drive 30 minutes outside the city to collect the package. At least that's how it was explained to me by UPS. I had to blow the dust off my chequebook and arrange that a neighbour be home to accept the parcel. That brokerage fee I'm sure is used to compensate for their chronic inefficiencies.

Sorry for the complaining - but hey my board name is letsgrumble after all.

CGC, fellow boardies, I plead with you to make it stop! Please do not use UPS to ship books into Canada! I think most of us, if not all, would rather pay for USPS or Fed-Ex, even with increasing in shipping rates.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but it looks like Medium Flat Rate is still $11.95 if you ship through PayPal. Purchasing Medium Flat Rate postage via the USPS website is $13.45.

That is good to know.

I have not noticed a difference in my 12-13 ounce first class packages

I noticed that paypal shipping and USPS rates are not jiving. My first class package paid through paypal, that I sent Monday, made it though to the addressee today, no problems. I could swear USPS quoted at least $1 more than what paypal charged, but I might be disremembering.

I don't know if it's been mentioned before (I did a search and did not find anything), but I just found out that the USPS is charging a $10 surcharge if you mark a package "Fragile". I have been marking my comics packages Fragile for a while now and have never had any problems until yesterday when I received a message from an eBay buyer that they were charged $10 postage due. I had no idea why that would have been the case, but the buyer went to the Post Office today and that's what they were told.

Sorry if this is common knowledge to others here, because it was shocking news to me.