• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

I've got a few bids out, we'll see if any stick.

EDIT: We're now into the February action, which starts closing tonight, so may as well keep the same thread...

New EDIT: Might as well have a rolling thread if we're going to keep tacking on, less clutter in CG.

Hey all --

I've never owned a copy of this book, but I love all the first appearances it has -- such a rarity for the Bronze Age. I've been waiting a while to find the 'right copy' of this book since I really don't like white lines down the spine or mis-registration...this one has great QP, though.

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Iron%20Man%2055_zpsrrscq1kv.jpg

Very nice.

Two wins for me,thus far.

An 8.5 Adventure 364, as I upgrade my Legions and a 4.0 Spidey 16, the first book I recall buying off the news stand. Grade wise its not an upgrade over my present copies, but it presents nicer.

Hey all --

I've never owned a copy of this book, but I love all the first appearances it has -- such a rarity for the Bronze Age. I've been waiting a while to find the 'right copy' of this book since I really don't like white lines down the spine or mis-registration...this one has great QP, though.

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Great looking copy, congrats ! I'm liking the cert number for a tight grading period = it's probably 9.4+ .

Just. Woke. Up.

Missed the Spider-mans and seemingly missed out on opportunities to pick up some later issues in the AF15-ASM100 run in 9.4's for what looks to be some nice prices.

There will be others...

Hey all --

Thanks for looking!

Dan

Great looking copy, congrats ! I'm liking the cert number for a tight grading period = it's probably 9.4+ .

There should also be a special club for perfectly wrapped copies like this one. Keeps the riff raff out.

Man - I'm a glutton for punishment. I got smashed selling my Avengers 57 CGC 8.0 but pretty much got shut out on my bids.

ah the double nut punch... everything I sell goes for under GPA, everything I want to buy goes for over GPA

I did grab this for grading cost since I love the cover and it has Black Panther on it to boot:

Avengers_122.jpg

pic upload

That's nice. I like the cover. My HG raw copy arrived last weekend. :)

Always liked the Avengers 20 cover, and always linked it with the cover to FF 26. :)

I've always liked it as well. For whatever reason the lack of motion lines around Captain America to illustrate that he is falling makes the fall look that much more real and dangerous. It does to me, anyway, maybe I'm the only one...

Man - I'm a glutton for punishment. I got smashed selling my Avengers 57 CGC 8.0 but pretty much got shut out on my bids.

ah the double nut punch... everything I sell goes for under GPA, everything I want to buy goes for over GPA

well $392 is not that bad considering the last 8.0 just sold for $410...

For a minute there I thought it flipped for something ridiculous like 150 bucks.

I'm just glad I didn't buy into the hype of the movie last year and dip 7 bills for a VF!

:insane:

For a minute there I thought it flipped for something ridiculous like 150 bucks.

I'm just glad I didn't buy into the hype of the movie last year and dip 7 bills for a VF!

True - but I'd expect the ComicLink auction to bring in better results then an E-Bay auction. A CGC 8.0 sold in the last ComicLink auction (which I was bumped from) for $500 during the slow December time period. I was hoping to match the $500 if not a bit more. But that's the risk of an auction.

True - but I'd expect the ComicLink auction to bring in better results then an E-Bay auction. A CGC 8.0 sold in the last ComicLink auction (which I was bumped from) for $500 during the slow December time period. I was hoping to match the $500 if not a bit more. But that's the risk of an auction.

Sold my 8.0 on ebay back in Nov 2015 for $498. I thought that was bad.

Sadly - I had a couple nibbles at Baltimore last year but they were all asking $475ish for it and I wanted at least $525. Wish I would have taken the $475 cash.

Sadly - I had a couple nibbles at Baltimore last year but they were all asking $475ish for it and I wanted at least $525. Wish I would have taken the $475 cash.

wish in one hand...

The rule of thumb is if a book blows up (especially if there is a movie tied to it) flip and forget it.

There are more instances where I wish I would've flipped it over I could've gotten more.

But still a $100 dip isn't that bad. About 6-7 years ago there were folks that had thousands tied up in BA HG that took a serious bath for holding on to them too long before a market correction.

I for one think this book is tapering off now $400 is the new floor. I say buy this book for that now. Once they have a new vision oriented movie it will blow back up, then you flip it right before that movie. rinse and repeat.