• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

January was my first purchase from CLink. Just wondering how long it usually takes them to ship once the label has been created. It's been officially 1 week now and no movement. Will probably contact them today - just curious if that's their norm.

Give them some time. It will take a bit longer. At least a couple of weeks. They have their factory line going and are moving hundreds of comics out the door. If you're getting paid, it takes right at 30 days for auction proceeds.

Gotcha. I just wasn't sure of their process since its a FedEx label that's already been created with tracking and everything. no movement at all yet except label created, and estimated delivery dates way passed, etc. Thanks

January was my first purchase from CLink. Just wondering how long it usually takes them to ship once the label has been created. It's been officially 1 week now and no movement. Will probably contact them today - just curious if that's their norm.

Give them some time. It will take a bit longer. At least a couple of weeks. They have their factory line going and are moving hundreds of comics out the door. If you're getting paid, it takes right at 30 days for auction proceeds.

Gotcha. I just wasn't sure of their process since its a FedEx label that's already been created with tracking and everything. no movement at all yet except label created, and estimated delivery dates way passed, etc. Thanks

I would say that merits a call or an e-mail.

My wins :grin:. I've been dreaming of these for awhile now so I'm pretty happy!

RADB9D7620151214_172159_zps3ib0ta5k.jpg

RAD74DF22015127_15125_zpsoeqvwgz5.jpg

9.4-1_zpstufjxfod.jpg

Great books. I bought all of them off the rack as a kid, but Super Team Family 2 is a personal favorite of mine. It introduced me to Brave and Bold 79, one of the best Batman stories of the BA. I bought a nice raw copy just so I can read it without having to handle my real BB 79 copy.

I only won one book. Paid on 26th. Shipping label created on the 27th and shipment info sent to fedex. Expected Delivery was the 1st according to the "tracking". There's no movement at all yet as of today the 3rd.

I don't think I'd be the only one concerned - having not known they do not ship anywhere near the date they print labels.

I shot them a quick friendly email and they basically said "give us time to ship 6,000 books out, thanks" :busy:

I'll know for next time :insane: as well as their shipping costs. I have no problem with it - just some different ways of doing things.

In other news - congrats on all the pickups, everyone!

I only won one book. Paid on 26th. Shipping label created on the 27th and shipment info sent to fedex. Expected Delivery was the 1st according to the "tracking". There's no movement at all yet as of today the 3rd.

I don't think I'd be the only one concerned - having not known they do not ship anywhere near the date they print labels.

I shot them a quick friendly email and they basically said "give us time to ship 6,000 books out, thanks" :busy:

I'll know for next time :insane: as well as their shipping costs. I have no problem with it - just some different ways of doing things.

I'm having the same experience: label created, estimated delivery date was the 2nd, yet no movement on the tracking.

I'm not overly concerned. If the status is the same a week from now, then they'll be getting a polite inquiry from me.

The only reason I noticed the delay is because my last win shipped surprisingly fast, gave me the impression they found a way to streamline things.

Auction books typically take a couple weeks to arrive..... Exchange books will vary.... depending on how quick the owner ships the book to Clink. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Auction books typically take a couple weeks to arrive..... Exchange books will vary.... depending on how quick the owner ships the book to Clink. GOD BLESS...

Seems a bit odd that they are (apparently) printing the shipping labels well before the books are being picked up by FedEx. Don't remember encountering that before (or this time either, since I just sent off my check :D ). Once the box is ready to go ... FedEx picks it up. Unless they are printing shipping labels before actually packing up the books, which seems like a recipe for mixing things up. hm

Seems a bit odd that they are (apparently) printing the shipping labels well before the books are being picked up by FedEx. Don't remember encountering that before (or this time either, since I just sent off my check :D ). Once the box is ready to go ... FedEx picks it up. Unless they are printing shipping labels before actually packing up the books, which seems like a recipe for mixing things up. hm

That thought had crossed my mind too.

My only win. Which I'm happy with, except for the postage. It seems like frequently get stuck with only one book and an exorbitant postage charge. Yeah, yeah, I know, bid higher on the rest. :lol:

RAD3ED7120151214_171713.jpg

My only win. Which I'm happy with, except for the postage. It seems like frequently get stuck with only one book and an exorbitant postage charge. Yeah, yeah, I know, bid higher on the rest. :lol:

It's happened to me too. What I do in this case is to look for a book on their 'exchange'. I can always find a book or two that I'm happy with that helps me deal with their ridicules shipping costs.

Not sure if they do this anymore or not.......why don't you simply ask them to hold onto your books until the next auction? This way, you can group a bunch of books together in order to minimize the impact of the exorbitant postage charge. :idea:

I remember doing that with both Heritage and CL for my last shipments from these guys. I believe I simply grouped all of my books together over a 8 to 10 month time period before having them shipped out to me. Of course, that was around 5 or 6 years ago, so I am not sure if they would do this anymore. (shrug)

Just checking to see if anyone who paid via check has gotten their books yet? I sent a check right after the auction closed and haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation yet. I e-mailed Clink yesterday morning but haven't gotten a response yet. Checks usually take a while, but this is unusual. I also usually get an e-mail with tracking info, but the last 2-3 auctions they have been bad about that too (took three different e-mail queries to get that straightened out, and it may still not be apparently).

Not loving the new website design either. :P

Just checking to see if anyone who paid via check has gotten their books yet? I sent a check right after the auction closed and haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation yet. I e-mailed Clink yesterday morning but haven't gotten a response yet. Checks usually take a while, but this is unusual. I also usually get an e-mail with tracking info, but the last 2-3 auctions they have been bad about that too (took three different e-mail queries to get that straightened out, and it may still not be apparently).

It took me a days to mail the check. Just got the e-mail with tracking info last night.

It took me a days to mail the check. Just got the e-mail with tracking info last night.

I just got a response to my e-mail. My books shipped the 16th and are due Friday. Did you have to ask them for the tracking info, or was it provided? I used to get that e-mail, but three of the last four times I've won stuff I have had to chase them down for it (and twice the books arrived before I knew they had shipped).

I just got a response to my e-mail. My books shipped the 16th and are due Friday. Did you have to ask them for the tracking info, or was it provided? I used to get that e-mail, but three of the last four times I've won stuff I have had to chase them down for it (and twice the books arrived before I knew they had shipped).

Didn't ask; they sent it automatically. I think I've always received the e-mail.

Didn't ask; they sent it automatically. I think I've always received the e-mail.

They just explained that with a USPS shipment (having mine sent to my PO box for the first time since packages kept showing up unannounced) the tracking email doesn't auto-generate. Now I know.