• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

Just checking to see if anyone who paid via check has gotten their books yet? I sent a check right after the auction closed and haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation yet. I e-mailed Clink yesterday morning but haven't gotten a response yet. Checks usually take a while, but this is unusual. I also usually get an e-mail with tracking info, but the last 2-3 auctions they have been bad about that too (took three different e-mail queries to get that straightened out, and it may still not be apparently).

Not loving the new website design either. :P

I believe mine are en route

As for the website, they have upgraded from 1996 to 1999 technology

Just checking to see if anyone who paid via check has gotten their books yet? I sent a check right after the auction closed and haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation yet. I e-mailed Clink yesterday morning but haven't gotten a response yet. Checks usually take a while, but this is unusual. I also usually get an e-mail with tracking info, but the last 2-3 auctions they have been bad about that too (took three different e-mail queries to get that straightened out, and it may still not be apparently).

It took me a days to mail the check. Just got the e-mail with tracking info last night.

I just got a response to my e-mail. My books shipped the 16th and are due Friday. Did you have to ask them for the tracking info, or was it provided? I used to get that e-mail, but three of the last four times I've won stuff I have had to chase them down for it (and twice the books arrived before I knew they had shipped).

Didn't ask; they sent it automatically. I think I've always received the e-mail.

They just explained that with a USPS shipment (having mine sent to my PO box for the first time since packages kept showing up unannounced) the tracking email doesn't auto-generate. Now I know.

Mine always come FedEx, which I guess explains the difference.

It took me a days to mail the check. Just got the e-mail with tracking info last night.

I just got a response to my e-mail. My books shipped the 16th and are due Friday. Did you have to ask them for the tracking info, or was it provided? I used to get that e-mail, but three of the last four times I've won stuff I have had to chase them down for it (and twice the books arrived before I knew they had shipped).

Didn't ask; they sent it automatically. I think I've always received the e-mail.

They just explained that with a USPS shipment (having mine sent to my PO box for the first time since packages kept showing up unannounced) the tracking email doesn't auto-generate. Now I know.

Twice in the last two years I have had to 'find' my package as Fed Ex plays hide and go seek with my comics at one of their facilities on Long Island.

"I am sorry Andrew, we don't seem to be able to locate your package."

Twice in the last two years I have had to 'find' my package as Fed Ex plays hide and go seek with my comics at one of their facilities on Long Island.

I like FedEx, but got sick of them leaving $1,000 worth of books sitting on my front porch to surprise me. Once the tracking emails became unreliable for some reason I had to go a different way.

I like FedEx, but got sick of them leaving $1,000 worth of books sitting on my front porch to surprise me. Once the tracking emails became unreliable for some reason I had to go a different way.

That's bizarre. Every time I've gotten a shipment from CLink, they send it signature confirmation. Doesn't seem to matter if it's $200 or $2000, always signature required.

That's bizarre. Every time I've gotten a shipment from CLink, they send it signature confirmation. Doesn't seem to matter if it's $200 or $2000, always signature required.

That's because Memphis folks are fishy.

I get mine via FedEx and they're just left on the doorstep, unless I have them held at the local FedEx office. But then the local FedEx office doesn't call to tell me the package is there, and when I show up to get the package, after calling about it, they claimed to have called me. That's happened three times. But at least the package isn't sitting on my doorstep.

That's because Memphis folks are fishy.

I get mine via FedEx and they're just left on the doorstep, unless I have them held at the local FedEx office. But then the local FedEx office doesn't call to tell me the package is there, and when I show up to get the package, after calling about it, they claimed to have called me. That's happened three times. But at least the package isn't sitting on my doorstep.

I resemble that remark. (on the left)

IdKqybM.jpg

In Texas that is how it was handled. In Kansas they just leave stuff on your doorstep. Granted I have neighbors that I don't have to worry about things disappearing, but it is still not kosher. When I know about the shipments I have them rerouted to the Kinko's location near campus so I can swing by and pick them up. That way they're not sitting in the elements all day until I get home.

This was the first auction I have participated in with CLink that the books were not sent with a signature required. I won four books, and the value associated with those books should have required it based upon prior purchases where a signature was required.

This was the first auction I have participated in with CLink that the books were not sent with a signature required. I won four books, and the value associated with those books should have required it based upon prior purchases where a signature was required.

FedEx has always been dump and run out here where I live. regardless of the conditions under which it was shipped. Still, no book from the most recent Clink auction. Maybe it will be left next to garbage can tomorrow..., :cloud9:

Mine just arrived. Shipped via USPS to Canada - no sig required. But best of all no duties/taxes and brokerage fees! I'm pretty sure last time it was FedEx w/all the fees.

Wow isn't that special. I had asked for USPS as the only option I had online was a $70 FedEx charge for a $249 book. I was told "we are a Fedex operation only". :mad:

Did you request USPS or did they just ship it that way?

Mine just arrived. Shipped via USPS to Canada - no sig required. But best of all no duties/taxes and brokerage fees! I'm pretty sure last time it was FedEx w/all the fees.

Wow isn't that special. I had asked for USPS as the only option I had online was a $70 FedEx charge for a $249 book. I was told "we are a Fedex operation only". :mad:

They just shipped it that way, but it was still $70.

Just opened the box. Only 1 of the 3 books I purchased were inside :o . Now I'm all upset and worried ???

Has this happened to anyone else? Why would they do two separate shipments?

They just shipped it that way, but it was still $70.

Just opened the box. Only 1 of the 3 books I purchased were inside :o . Now I'm all upset and worried ???

Has this happened to anyone else? Why would they do two separate shipments?

Well it looks like they paid $25-$30 to ship via USPS and charged you $70, great business plan.

I haven't gotten notice of mine being shipped yet, but that's fine. They always get here. They owe me some holla dolla bills, too, but that always lands almost right on the thirty day mark.

So I just got shipping notice yesterday. And it does require a signature this time. I'm just having it held at the nearest Fed Ex location. Maybe they'll figure out how to call and notify me this time.

I haven't gotten notice of mine being shipped yet, but that's fine. They always get here. They owe me some holla dolla bills, too, but that always lands almost right on the thirty day mark.

So I just got shipping notice yesterday. And it does require a signature this time. I'm just having it held at the nearest Fed Ex location. Maybe they'll figure out how to call and notify me this time.

That "shipment notice" may just indicate that they created a label. For some reason, lately they seem to be creating labels and then waiting a week or more to actually send out the package.

I'm not sure what the point of creating the label far in advance of tendering the package is, unless it's to reassure buyers that, "yes we are making some progress on getting your books out." hm