• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's The Most Overrated Poll

22 posts in this topic

Nominations were pulled from this thread.

The list is kept purely to creators only and not characters, issues or companies. 30 nominations were received, so Romita Sr and Adams were added just to get the numbers up. I don't expect them to get many votes.

I don't know who all the names are blush.gif and the draw was picked to try and keep the superstars apart at first, rather than being random.

The participants are below and then the first set of polls will follow shortly.

1 - John Byrne v Geoff Johns

16 - Neal Adams v Brian Michael Bendis

8 - Steve Ditko v John Cassady

9 - Kevin Smith v Carl Barks

5 - Michael Turner v Boris Vallejo

12 - Jim Starlin v Jim Lee

4 - George Perez v Alex Schomburg

13 - Frank Frazetta v Robert Prechter

3 - Frank Miller v Adam Hughes

14 - Neil Gaiman v J Michael Straczynski

6 - Jim Steranko v Frank Cho

11 - Alan Moore v Greg Horn

7 - Jack Kirby v Bart Sears

10 - Grant Morrison v Mike Mignola

2 - Todd McFarlane v Rob Liefield

15 - John Romita Sr v John Romita Jr

Play or don't play, the choice is yours. wink.gif

Well....I'm polish and I take offense to this whole poll.

most overated poll my bum

yeahok.gif

The only major problem I see with the match-ups is that either Liefield or McFarlane are gonna get a free ride off the list when they both are really shoo-ins for making the final four on most people's lists.

If you look at the original thread, Liefield only got one nomination. Most of the seeds got mentioned 2+ times. I take your point, but I bet McFarlane wins hands down and I expect Miller, Byrne & Perez to join him in the semi-finals.

Liefield probably only got 1 vote initially simply because no one feels that he is worthy of being rated, i.e. over or under, he simply has no respect in most collecting corners.

My final four would look greatly different from yours.

McFarlane/Liefield - tie

Kevin Smith

JMS

Bendis

does anyone NOT think Liefeld is a total hack? i mean, the guy prides himself on having absolutely no concept of anatomy.

kind of hard to be overrated when everyone despises you. maybe you should run a "who should get ridden out of town on a number 3 brush" poll next, because i would TOTALLY vote for...well, you know. vince colletta.

just kidding.

does anyone NOT think Liefeld is a total hack? i mean, the guy prides himself on having absolutely no concept of anatomy.

kind of hard to be overrated when everyone despises you. maybe you should run a "who should get ridden out of town on a number 3 brush" poll next, because i would TOTALLY vote for...well, you know. vince colletta.

just kidding.

I would agree with you about Liefield but he may have a challenger in Olivier Coipel.....the pencilling of the X-Men that I saw in Wizard #162 is just not right.

If you look at the original thread, Liefield only got one nomination. Most of the seeds got mentioned 2+ times. I take your point, but I bet McFarlane wins hands down and I expect Miller, Byrne & Perez to join him in the semi-finals.

You think Frank Miller is overrated? You are insane. screwy.gif

Sheep2003-05-19-1-small.jpg

Thanks for the webcam image. I like to know who I'm talking to. Are you perchance Scottish?

Thanks for the webcam image. I like to know who I'm talking to. Are you perchance Scottish?

yeahok.gifpoke2.gif

blush.gif No! I'm not a New Zealander either. Do they get sheep anywhere else? stooges.gif

Anyone who would consider Alan Moore or Jim Steranko overrated needs medication.

Steranko is the James Dean of comic artists. Except that he forgot to die young in a flaming car crash. Instead, he continues to hang in there, not actually doing any new work in comic books, but just lording over fanboys at cons.

Torch.gif