• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Iger: Fiction House OA

25 posts in this topic

It's fascinating reading the thread by Terry Doyle his experience collecting EC OA, back in the early 80's. Now I wonder if Mr Iger sold all that Fiction House OA in Catalogs or Conventions???

Robert Beerbohm over at Facebook mention 1971 Seuling NYC July 4 Show the Iger studios archives were sold off.

It's fascinating reading the threat by Terry Doyle his experience collecting EC OA, back in the early 80's. Now I wonder if Mr Iger sold all that Fiction House OA in Catalogs or Conventions???

I've never threatened anyone in my whole life . . . well, not recently. lol

lol...

Any Fiction House art in your collection Terry??

Sadly, not. What you see in my CAF is pretty much what remains in my collection (following a big sell-off last year to help fund an early retirement from working life . . . priorities in life do change!).

Why not shoot George Hageneaur an e-mail? He doesn't show everything he owns and is likely to have contacts.

Have you done a CAF search using 'Fiction House' as your search string?

Just tried it and two pages of 'for sale' results ensued.

Good news is that there are a few things for sale at reasonable prices (including a Western splash page at $175.00 from Anthony Snyder). :)

Bad news is that most of the other stuff is held by Steve Donnelly. :(

The good thing is, as far as Golden Age art is concerned, there seems to be more Fiction House than just about any other publisher (other than Harvey.)

My first page of art ever was a Planet Comics page I picked up 38 years ago.

The problem with searching Fiction House is that most items are listed with the title of the comic, i.e. Rangers, Planet, etc... It's the same when searching eBay for comics, you have to type in each title one after the other.

Mike

so many of the pages seem marked up with color notes and such as well. I find it a turn off personally :(

Does anybody ever see any Fiction House covers for sale? There seem to be a lot of EC covers around, but I can't remember ever seeing a FH cover. I just checked the Heritage database and they've sold lots of splash pages, but never an FH cover.

Mike

Does anybody ever see any Fiction House covers for sale? There seem to be a lot of EC covers around, but I can't remember ever seeing a FH cover. I just checked the Heritage database and they've sold lots of splash pages, but never an FH cover.

Mike

I've seen the Planet Comics 1 cover.

Mike

I've seen the Planet Comics 1 cover.

It's in Jon Berk's CAF galleries.

I owned the Jungle #1 cover back in the 70s.

MI

Gorgeous art!

I had the chance to see that when Ron Pussell owned it. It was hung over the bed in the master bedroom if I recall correctly.

IIRC there were some covers back in the 90s Sotheby's and Christie's sales. Can't remember any since though. My catalogs are deep buried, don't ask or expect me to be exact on this!

Those catalogs are full of catatonically depressing regrets. :cry:

Jungle 46 ($3450 in 1993) and Jungle 47 were sold through them.