• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIVERDALE on CW (1/26/17)
1 1

265 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Really liked the Scooby Doo reference in the last episode. Would be cool if they made a TV show of them also. Great finale. I hope they extend Season 2's episodes to 18 or 22.

Agreed!

Though I hope the final scene wasn't really a farewell between Archie and that character he was holding. That would be a bummer.

Looks like they are building out the larger Archie Universe.

Did Riverdale Just Introduce

Spoiler

zad5IMt.png

In the closing minutes of the finale, Archie (KJ Apa) went to meet his dad Fred (Luke Perry) at Pop's Diner. Archie briefly went into the bathroom, and when he came back into the diner, he found a masked man attempting to rob the store. The mystery figure attempted to strangle Pop, and then - presumably - shot Fred when he and Archie tried to intervene.

While Fred's fate going into the sophomore season is currently unclear, the other significant mystery is who that masked man was. At first glance, his wardrobe indicates that he easily could be a member of the Southside Serpents, as their unofficial uniform usually consists of leather and plaid. But a recent tweet from Archie Comics caught our attention, and made us wonder if there's something more at play with this mystery man's identity.

Riverdale EP On Introducing the Supernatural, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch

saboneshothughes-217253.jpg

One of the most popular and marketable characters in the Archie pantheon, and one who has already had a live-action TV show in the past, Sabrina didn't make the cut -- and showrunner Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa said that while they considered it, part of the reason was that the writers believed the introduction of Sabrina, and the supernatural in general, might detract form other things going on in the finale.

“There’s no secret that I love that character, and that that character is a huge part of the Archie universe,” Aguirre-Sacasa, who writes the comic book Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, told ComicBook.com. “The truth is, we did talk a lot about introducing Sabrina, but she’s such an important character and it’s such a big idea to introduce the supernatural into a natural world that honestly when we got to the finale — it was before that, it was maybe a couple of months before that — we kind of realized that there was so much stuff to play that if we introduced Sabrina, it would kind of overshadow everything that we had planned. The show kind of has hints of the supernatural throughout it; there are visions of Jason as a ghost, as a zombie. Archie sees werewolves. There’s a lot of talk about angry, pagan gods and there’s a voodoo doll. We are going to continue exploring the idea of the supernatural being on the fringes of Riverdale, and that might be to lead up to Sabrina’s arrival or that might just be to make it more like Twin Peaks and the way they dealt with the supernatural.”

The character kick-started the events of the horror spinoff Afterlife With Archie, which show-runners have teased as potential Halloween episodes, "Treehouse of Horror"-style. The comic centers on a version of Riverdale that is overrun by zombies after Sabrina tries to resurrect Hot Dog, Jughead's dog, when it's killed by a hit-and-run driver.

Hot Dog made his first onscreen appearance in tonight's Riverdale finale.

Edited by Bosco685

I Watched the finale tonight.  

I was excited going into this show a long time ago, and have enjoyed the whole season.  A guilty pleasure of a show that I'm looking forward to another season when it comes back. 

Hopefully when all the episodes hit Netflix in the US it will get a bigger audience when season two starts. 

Finally got my wife hooked to the show since she loved the finale episode.  I truly hate myself after enjoying each episode but I quickly look forward to the next one.

My wife and I watched the first episode with our 13 yo daughter yesterday since "all of the kids in school are talking about it". It was a fun watch, but my wife did not approve of a few of the scenes (especially Archie and Grundy lol ). I am intrigued enough to keep watching it.

Edited by kimik

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 8:44 PM, ashsaytr said:

okay... i watched the first episode... it wasn't bad... going to go recommend it to my niece... then go cry my secret shame in the corner and boot up episode 2~

I binged the whole season last week. Even after watching a video on "why Riverdale sucks" wherein they point out all of the bad acting, bad dialogue and character "flaws". I really enjoyed every episode, and to be honest, I can't even tell you WHY I liked it. It was a; Twin Peaks meets 90210 (in a CW formulaic way) with a dash of Nancy Drew rot your brain show. The (relative) bad acting and dialogue was bearable, yet hardly any of the characters were endearing (least of all, Archie) but somehow it was watchable. It was like drinking a McDonald's milkshake/Wendy's Frosty. You know it's horrible, you aren't even sure WHY you even ordered it, but you simply can't stop consuming it until it's gone.

Terry

Even though I'm a secret Archie fan, I was avoiding this show.... until last night.

I saw that it was up on Netflix, so in my moment of boredom I decided to give it a chance.  I actually really liked it.  I can't wait to punch in episode 2 tonight.  Maybe I'll even binge a couple episodes.

For those who have watched the entire season, is it going to keep getting better or does it plateau and go into the toilet?

51 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

Even though I'm a secret Archie fan, I was avoiding this show.... until last night.

I saw that it was up on Netflix, so in my moment of boredom I decided to give it a chance.  I actually really liked it.  I can't wait to punch in episode 2 tonight.  Maybe I'll even binge a couple episodes.

For those who have watched the entire season, is it going to keep getting better or does it plateau and go into the toilet?

I'm a comic book fan thar never read Archie comics before.  My wife read them growing up so she wanted to watch Riverdale with me.

I came in with an open mind and really liked the entire season 1.  To me it did not plateau and then die off.  It builds until the end.  The show has made me an Archie fan and now I am intrigued with reading some of the back issues.

Not sure if the promo to Season 2 was a knod to the Black Hood Red Circle series.

fyi, Veronica and Cheryl Blossom actresses will be signing at Edmonton expo (Alberta) in Sept/17 that usually has over $55k in attendance. Reminder that 'Riverdale' was filmed mostly in Vancouver, BC.

Edited by aardvark88
sp.

17 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Not sure if the promo to Season 2 was a knod to the Black Hood Red Ribbon series.

fyi, Veronica and Cheryl Blossom actresses will be signing at Edmonton expo (Alberta) in Sept/17 that usually has over $55k in attendance. Reminder that 'Riverdale' was filmed mostly in Vancouver, BC.

Check the hidden post above. You may have hit on what we were seeing.

zad5IMt.png

In the closing minutes of the finale, Archie (KJ Apa) went to meet his dad Fred (Luke Perry) at Pop's Diner. Archie briefly went into the bathroom, and when he came back into the diner, he found a masked man attempting to rob the store. The mystery figure attempted to strangle Pop, and then - presumably - shot Fred when he and Archie tried to intervene.

While Fred's fate going into the sophomore season is currently unclear, the other significant mystery is who that masked man was. At first glance, his wardrobe indicates that he easily could be a member of the Southside Serpents, as their unofficial uniform usually consists of leather and plaid. But a recent tweet from Archie Comics caught our attention, and made us wonder if there's something more at play with this mystery man's identity.

Edited by Bosco685

On 6/11/2017 at 10:55 AM, gadzukes said:

It didn't plateau at all.  Enjoyable right till the end. 2c

On a side note, I just heard that Betty and Jughead are now dating in real life. :gossip: 

On 7/26/2017 at 10:58 PM, thirdgreenham said:

It didn't plateau at all.  Enjoyable right till the end. 2c

On a side note, I just heard that Betty and Jughead are now dating in real life. :gossip: 

Noooooo I'm secretly in love with Cole...he hugged me not too long ago!

I am super ready for season 2. The trailer looks lit, as the kids say.

That 'Supergirl' "Crossover" on 'Riverdale,' Explained

supergirl_x_riverdale.jpg

Another crossover? Riverdale executive producer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa set social media on fire late Wednesday when he tweeted a photo of Supergirl's Melissa Benoist in her full Supergirl costume on the Riverdale set, sitting in a booth at Pop's diner with stars Lili Reinhart and Camila Mendes. The three CW stars appeared to be shooting a wild crossover between the DC and the Archie drama. But unfortunately Aguirre-Sacasa's photo will have to be enough for diehard viewers, as that was just a fun photo opp among friends taking a break between scenes on their respective shows as Supergirl and Riverdale's stages are next to one another in Vancouver. So while there's no news of a crossover between the two unlikely companions — for now — that's not to say it'd be a real stretch given Riverdale (and Archie Comics) have been known to play around with like zombies, werewolves, witches and even The Punisher. So in the end, who knows, maybe Supergirl could show up at some point in the future.