• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIVERDALE on CW (1/26/17)
1 1

265 posts in this topic

:applause:

I enjoyed it.

it's got tween :luhv: , mystery, drama

And all the Archie universe characters to build on.

It felt more like the new Archie series than old. But i expected it to.

I'll for sure watch the whole season. :whee:

I loved it. It felt familiar but new. It's exactly one of a few ways an Archie tv show could exist and succeed in today's market.

It may not be for everyone and will turn off some die hard fans but it's a good show on its own.

+1 The first episode just showed up on my Netflix and I watched it with my wife, who hasn't read any Archie since she was 12, and we both loved it. I couple of changes to supporting characters, parents and teachers, wasn't that much of a turn off to me. The main cast was really great, and Betty killed it. An afterlife type episode would fit really well with the atmosphere they are building, this looks like a complete winner of a series.

My kid and I watched it. She was lukewarm on the whole thing, and I'm definitely NOT in the target audience.

Honestly? It didn't seem to me to be all that far removed from this:

Of course...that "trailer" was (intentionally) a parody... :whistle:

I enjoyed it.

I loved it. It felt familiar but new. It's exactly one of a few ways an Archie tv show could exist and succeed in today's market.

It may not be for everyone and will turn off some die hard fans but it's a good show on its own.

+1 The first episode just showed up on my Netflix and I watched it with my wife, who hasn't read any Archie since she was 12, and we both loved it. I couple of changes to supporting characters, parents and teachers, wasn't that much of a turn off to me. The main cast was really great, and Betty killed it. An afterlife type episode would fit really well with the atmosphere they are building, this looks like a complete winner of a series.

All of the main cast have read and loved Afterlife, and were teasing a Halloween episode for next season... :applause: :applause:

I enjoyed it.

All of the main cast have read and loved Afterlife, and were teasing a Halloween episode for next season... :applause: :applause:

:wishluck: That run is so awesome.

I see Ms. Grundy and Archie is already causing a meltdown in some circles (not here). It's no different than Pacey in Dawson's Creek. Was it a big deal back then?

The issue I see is if in fact as USA Today review says Archie is established to be 16 in the series, it's not just a plot twist but a criminal plot twist. Does Grundy get locked up? How do they deal with this aspect of it?

I see Ms. Grundy and Archie is already causing a meltdown in some circles (not here). It's no different than Pacey in Dawson's Creek. Was it a big deal back then?

The issue I see is if in fact as USA Today review says Archie is established to be 16 in the series, it's not just a plot twist but a criminal plot twist. Does Grundy get locked up? How do they deal with this aspect of it?

Desperate Housewives had a similar plot and nobody seemed to care. I think most viewers will just go (shrug)

Desperate Housewives had a similar plot and nobody seemed to care. I think most viewers will just go (shrug)

TV audiences are generally more willing to accept a teenage boy & hot teacher relationship than they are a teenage girl & hot teacher relationship without the general audience flipping out & accusing the show/network/producers/fans/EVERYONE of some sort of promotion of pedophilia or something.

But that's because we seem to still view that teenage boy & hot teacher relationship as the adolescent boy's fantasy deal, while the teenage girl & hot teacher relationship is viewed as molestation. I mean hell... Van Halen made a hit single about being hot for teacher.

Social double standards & whatnot.

Archie's house looks just like a house across the street from an old friends house in Larchmont.

Part of this series was filmed in Vancouver, BC to keep costs down:

Archie's and Betty's houses looks like some of the renovated 1890 originally built 3 storey houses on Commercial Drive,

looks like the front of Vancouver Technical highschool, North Shore rivers for the canoe, death scene. Some of the interior Pop Shoppe scenes were filmed at a recently built 1950s format ice cream sundae shop in N. Burnaby, BC which is a suburb of Vancouver. Just the 1st episode but I like it so far. (thumbs u

Would be great if Vancouver Fan Expo could get some of the 'dark' Archie cast to show up for a signing. :wishluck:

15 minutes and I was out. :facepalm:

lol I just did the same thing on my lunch hour. I got about 20 minutes and was zoning out so I bailed. Way too many top notch shows to catch up on to watch it.

Archie's house looks just like a house across the street from an old friends house in Larchmont.

Part of this series was filmed in Vancouver, BC to keep costs down:

Archie's and Betty's houses looks like some of the renovated 1890 originally built 3 storey houses on Commercial Drive,

looks like the front of Vancouver Technical highschool, North Shore rivers for the canoe, death scene. Some of the interior Pop Shoppe scenes were filmed at a recently built 1950s format ice cream sundae shop in N. Burnaby, BC which is a suburb of Vancouver. Just the 1st episode but I like it so far. (thumbs u

Would be great if Vancouver Fan Expo could get some of the 'dark' Archie cast to show up for a signing. :wishluck:

That's awesome, I lived in Maple Ridge for a few years, there's tons of great places to shoot in BC. I'll have to visit the sundae shop next time I'm there.

lol I just did the same thing on my lunch hour. I got about 20 minutes and was zoning out so I bailed. Way too many top notch shows to catch up on to watch it.

I ended up watching the end when I got home and it grew on me a bit. I'll be interested to see if they can give Archie a Twin Peaks kind of vibe.

I ended up watching the end when I got home and it grew on me a bit. I'll be interested to see if they can give Archie a Twin Peaks kind of vibe.

Dancing little folks. :banana:

I just started to rewatch Twin Peaks, last Friday.

It surprisingly holds up really well, for a show that's almost 30.

Hot Miss Grundy, what in the world? lol

lol

I watched the show and was surprised that I liked it.

I actually think the casting for the big three (Archie, B & V) was well done. Even Archie's dad was a good choice.

I'll be ready for Episode 2. :popcorn:

Hot Miss Grundy, what in the world? lol

lol

I watched the show and was surprised that I liked it.

I actually think the casting for the big three (Archie, B & V) was well done. Even Archie's dad was a good choice.

I'll be ready for Episode 2. :popcorn:

My wife was geeking out over Luke Perry lol Who btw, did the voice of Rick Jones in 90s Hulk animated series!