• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RIVERDALE on CW (1/26/17)
1 1

265 posts in this topic

Hot Miss Grundy, what in the world? lol

lol

I watched the show and was surprised that I liked it.

I actually think the casting for the big three (Archie, B & V) was well done. Even Archie's dad was a good choice.

I'll be ready for Episode 2. :popcorn:

It is the 1980s all over again. Watch for Molly Ringwold's role. :gossip:

Thank you Netflix for adding this on the list. I am enjoying it.

But a question for the Archie comic book readers. Is this a story from the comic books. Is it a new story.

I always thought Archie comics to be something totally different. Is the comic this dark?

But a question for the Archie comic book readers. Is this a story from the comic books. Is it a new story.

I always thought Archie comics to be something totally different. Is the comic this dark?

This isn't really Archie. It's stories where the characters' names are the same as the ones in the comics. 2c

This isn't really Archie. It's stories where the characters' names are the same as the ones in the comics. 2c

1ixbby.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

I like TV Miss Grundy better than funny book Miss Grundy.

Yep, completely different.

What I respect a lot is that they pay homage to a lot of much smaller elements of the Archie universe - I can't go into detail, but later in the season they incorporate a couple characters and other things that essentially amount to easter eggs that proves they dug deep into the source material.

I'm not a fan of Ms. Grundy or Jughead's more toned-down eccentricity, but I like Archie, Betty and Veronica A LOT.

My wife and I watched the first episode last night. We liked it!

There were some surprises that if not read here I would have been more thrown off (Archie's relationship with the music teacher; Reggie asking Archie if he bagged any cougars over the summer). But this turned out to be a much more interesting approach to the show than trying to act out early versions of these characters.

Jughead definitely comes across as a much deeper character than some kid fixated on always eating (the Shaggy of the Archie gang).

We'll be watching Episode Two today.

Madam Satan and Little Archie references !! :applause:

Lots of understated comic book references: 'Riverdale, town with Pep' sign in opening sequence, updated 'Sugar, Sugar' song, Moose's girlfriend Midge. Perhaps keeping Sabrina for the Hallowe'en episode? <3