• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much do you spend monthly on comics?

33 posts in this topic

I'm curious to know what people spend on new comics a month these days especially with the inflated prices.

$3.99 a book seems pretty steep and now I've seen $4.99 cost for a book.

If you're the person who buys a lot of titles what's your tipping point? How much are you willing to spend up to? $6, 8, gulp $10.00 per title?

I'm curious to know what people spend on new comics a month these days especially with the inflated prices.

$3.99 a book seems pretty steep and now I've seen $4.99 cost for a book.

If you're the person who buys a lot of titles what's your tipping point? How much are you willing to spend up to? $6, 8, gulp $10.00 per title?

I don't know why anybody who lives where DCBS ships would ever pay cover price for comics to read.

That said, if you enjoy what you read I'd pay what I'd have to pay to read it. For sure, you'd find out how much you really like something. I've got much more into manga recently, just really opens my eyes to value and for me no drop off in fun I have.

I'm a big VALIANT fan. I'd probably pay cover to read them even though the objective value of comics has seemed off with me ever since we got into the digital age when comparing them with other modes of entertainment (netflix etc).

On new books?

I am down to collecting

Amazing Spider-man

Rai - (It's about to rolled into 4001 AD)

Timewalker

Wrath of the Eternal Warrior

X-O Manowar

Typically don't buy monthly, but every six months on moderns. Reading 40 titles at current, so figure around ~$1,915 per year plus Marvel Unlimited subscription and ~10 TPBs and ~3-5 Absolute/Omnibus Editions.

So for "reading" per year I am at around ~$2,500 or ~$208.33 per month.

More than I thought!

:shrug:

Typically don't buy monthly, but every six months on moderns. Reading 40 titles at current, so figure around ~$1,915 per year plus Marvel Unlimited subscription and ~10 TPBs and ~3-5 Absolute/Omnibus Editions.

More than I thought!

Wow you're keeping the industry in business!

I buy 8 or 10 floppies a month at a 20% discount, but with 9% sales tax, so $25- $30 a month.

I also average at least one trade or hardback a month, either from my LCS or Amazon, for around another $20 to $30 a month. In total less than what I spend on beer.

More than I thought!

I'm trying!

More than I thought!

I'm trying!

Do you have time to keep up reading all of those titles?

More than I thought!

I'm trying!

Do you have time to keep up reading all of those titles?

I do, but reading is one of my few hobbies. It helps to wait and read 6 months of issues all at once versus monthly - the stories flow better and there is less need for me to backtrack to keep things straight.

The TPBs and large format editions are usually of stories I love and read them a couple of times per year.

Gotta make time for your passions in life, comics is one of mine!

I buy one title a month, its $3.99 and then I have been getting the DKIII collector's edition and that is $12.99. that means my monthly went from 4 to 17, but that is only for another 6 months.

To be honest, with the rebirth thing happening in DC which will likely lead to my dropping the one title I do go in for, I will likely go the book Snyder goes to if its detective as its being hinted at.

Fairly soon I'll be back to 4 a month.

$40-$80 a month, not including the once or twice a year convention splurge.

I am down a bit. Was probably more like $150-$250 a month a few years ago. mainly back issues/dollar box books, some new comics on occasion, some TPBs.

Not buying anything off the rack for the most part now (not up to date enough on new comic arbitrage and my two honey holes for that have closed). Once in a while for my son. Bought him some of the Thanos/Deadpool issues, for example.