• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOS 92 is there color touch on this book?

28 posts in this topic

http://www.ebay.com/itm/House-of-Secrets-92-Jun-Jul-1971-DC-/252268761441?hash=item3abc63d161:g:dbUAAOSwFqJWqNzP

Found this eBay listing. Looks like a nice solid book, but seller shows an open cover shot in the pictures. Is that color touch along the lower portion of the outer edge of the cover? Looks like little black dots to me.

I wonder how many of the bidders are aware of that. I am watching to see what the final bid is.

Cheers, Howard

If the description is accurate, I do not think the seller is aware. But then again, there is disclosure in a sense, because the picture is there.

I wonder how many of the bidders are aware of that. I am watching to see what the final bid is.

Cheers, Howard

If the description is accurate, I do not think the seller is aware. But then again, there is disclosure in a sense, because the picture is there.

I don't think the seller is aware either and I as a potential bidder would not have put two and two together on those marks on the inside cover. I note the bid is not that high so far for an issue that is in good shape at first glance. But if you can get this for a couple of hundred bucks it might be worth it even with the colour touch.

Cheers, Howard

Cheers, Howard

I don't think the seller is aware either and I as a potential bidder would not have put two and two together on those marks on the inside cover. I note the bid is not that high so far for an issue that is in good shape at first glance. But if you can get this for a couple of hundred bucks it might be worth it even with the colour touch.

Cheers, Howard

I do wonder if the comic shop guy saw it. Why would he pass on a possible big Money issue, especially if he truly though it was a 9.0 (which is a way over grade).

Sold for $660. If the new owner goes and gets this graded, and it receives a purple label 8 or maybe 8.5, what is it really worth?
CBC crease through the entire book, that is no more than a 6.0 restored. The last GPA sale of a 6.5 (trimmed) was $350.

Depends on your taste. but amateur color touch does not bother me as much as trimming. Mind you I would not want either.

Odd that a trimmed book went that high.

Sold for $660. If the new owner goes and gets this graded, and it receives a purple label 8 or maybe 8.5, what is it really worth?
CBC crease through the entire book, that is no more than a 6.0 restored. The last GPA sale of a 6.5 (trimmed) was $350.

Depends on your taste. but amateur color touch does not bother me as much as trimming. Mind you I would not want either.

Odd that a trimmed book went that high.

So they paid that much for a maybe $300 book. That's going to hurt.

$175-$200.

I wouldn't even pay that. :facepalm:

Ouch, ouch, ouch. That's maybe an apparent 8.0 at best (I'm thinking 7.5). A CGC 8.0 C-1 small amount of color touch closed in November 2015 for $227.

And this sold for $660. Should have sold for $666! Harsh!! :boo: