• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buzz Aldrin - Salt Lake Comic Con

29 posts in this topic

Buzz Aldrin is appearing at the Salt Lake Comic Con, does anyone know how much he charges? As well, any recommendations of what to get signed and slabbed? My original idea, Life Magazine Special Edition Moon Landing does not fit in a slab, so I'm limited to I think 8.5 X 11 to fit inside the magazine holder.

Slightly. lol

I really want an Aldrin, too. I like the idea of the crossover of my hobbies, astronaut signatures and comic signatures with an astronaut on a comic....

hm

Problem something unique, but appropriate. Ideal would have been the cover of Life Magazine from 1969, but too big. Now have to find something in an appropriate size. Someone mentioned a NASA photograph, but just doesn't feel unique or different.

life-lunar-landing.jpg

Maybe this:

Space%20SP29blg.jpg

If you're not bound to a comic related item, I would strongly recommend a photo of some kind. There are tons of them in the NASA archives that anyone can download. There are tons of images, both famous and little-known.

I was hoping for a comic, but there aren't many out there and if his fees aren't too bad I may do a comic and a photo/franken photo.

If you're not bound to a comic related item, I would strongly recommend a photo of some kind. There are tons of them in the NASA archives that anyone can download. There are tons of images, both famous and little-known.

I was hoping for a comic, but there aren't many out there and if his fees aren't too bad I may do a comic and a photo/franken photo.

Same here. I am still trying to dig up info about his fees before I get too excited.

Another thought, the landing crew of Apollo XI make a cameo in Fantastic Four #98

(shrug)

Same here. I am still trying to dig up info about his fees before I get too excited.

Another thought, the landing crew of Apollo XI make a cameo in Fantastic Four #98

(shrug)

Actually it was only Armstrong. In Astonishing Tales 1 they both make a cameo, but with his sig I rather see it next to an actual photo he is in if I had to choose 1 item.