• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Calgary Expo April 28 - May 1 2016

363 posts in this topic

I only had to wait about 35 mins to get into the large hall (size of a de-iced ice rink) to hear question and answer 1 hr sessions with the animated John Barrowman, actor from Torchwood, Dr Who, Mark Merlin on Green Arrow tv. Fantastic Thor was way ahead of me in the line up.

Add your own Punch Line to the Fantastic Thor having an intelligent discussion with greggy about ....

n85X5Grh.jpg

I was within 30 feet of Superman Returns actor Brandon Routh (Chuck, the Atom/Ray Palmer Legends of DC Universe) during his presentation.

City of Calgary:

Bfln7mPh.jpg

I can't see any GA in that pic....Reggie is not it?..right?right?

Not Reggie #1. Think it was More Fun 1st GA and 1st Aquaman movie hot.

thirdgreehnam (far right) gladly accepts $$ for funny books from Fan Boy (with glasses):

fvCfi6Xh.jpg

I can't see any GA in that pic....Reggie is not it?..right?right?

Not Reggie #1. Think it was More Fun 1st GA and 1st Aquaman movie hot.

thirdgreehnam (far right) gladly accepts $$ for funny books from Fan Boy (with glasses):

fvCfi6Xh.jpg

Did Andy not recently pick up,or was it sell,that issue of More Fun?...

I remember the thread vaguely...

hmmm, perhaps Harley flipped it to a want list customer fast? I did not attend Sunday of the Expo as I flew back to Vancouver to attend last day of a 3 day antique collectibles show to buy more movie posters and newer comics (from last 10 years).

hmmm, perhaps Harley flipped it to a want list customer fast? I did not attend Sunday of the Expo as I flew back to Vancouver to attend last day of a 3 day antique collectibles show to buy more movie posters and newer comics (from last 10 years).

I didn't mean exact comic,just same number...it was on a thread here....

I didn't mean exact comic,just same number...it was on a thread here....

Yeah I remember someone was looking for one....maybe in the WTB?

Just pulled into home. Pretty beat.

Busy show and a physical grind. Long days setting up and manning a booth and fair amount of time spend dining and drinking with boardies after the show. Good darn time. Note to self, the Saskatchewan boardies are expert drinkers and could hold their own at the London Con.

Picked up a few keeper books and a page of OA. Sold a lot of cheaper books and sets and a few keys. I think sales were a bit lower than last year thanks to the oil crash and the slump in the value of the cnd $$.

Announced attendance was 103,000.

Tomorrow I'll try to put together a list of sold books, post pics of my purchases and tell a few stories.

Karl/Artboy didn't manage to take as many pics as some previous years but he did take quite a few. From what I've seen it should be an epic thread.

Will post more photos as soon I get home this morning. I had been taking many pictures around the show. Mostly of cosplayers and few interesting stuff. I'm on the bus since I had brought quite a bit.

Tom Felton, aka Jesus Monroe on TWD, came by our booth yesterday to pick up a copy of WD 92 and 117. 500club did not know who he was dealing with on his WD 92 and was wondering why people were asking for his signature/a picture.

One guy kept trying to get an autograph for "his wife". Tom told him politely no he could not do that as it would not be fair to everyone waiting at his booth but the guy tried a few more times after that. You could see that Tom was a bit annoyed. lol

Expo made page 1 of local newspaper:

7QteeXKh.jpg

Did you snag the SC #22 at the show? If yes, nice buy. Who had it? We did not have any time to shop the first three days as it was steady.

kimik,

Showcase 22 was not bought at Calgary Expo. I happened to have a spare copy sitting next to my desk during the picture taking above.

Also, the Palomino Rooms were set up all in the same section so I was able to sit in on 45 minute seminars about Microsoft Surface (paint, brush strokes, 300 dpi uploads), Camilla Dericco fantasy/manga art discussion, artist/inker Bob McLeod's thoughts on origin of New Mutants (co-creator) and upcoming live action movie, and How to use Kickstarter to raise funds and postage, income tax expenses, etc.

Overall very balanced comicon appealing to all age groups, techie or comic/fantasy interests in the panel rooms. (thumbs u Good weather, no drizzle, metro rail stops right in front of the con ($3.15 each way for fare). :golfclap:

Home finally after the long way. I have upload most of the photos into photobucket. My phone has some that needs to be download into my files.

Here is where many fans go from Calgary transit down the ramp.

image_zpsvdu7pheu.jpeg

Tom Felton, aka Jesus Monroe on TWD, came by our booth yesterday to pick up a copy of WD 92 and 117. 500club did not know who he was dealing with on his WD 92 and was wondering why people were asking for his signature/a picture.

One guy kept trying to get an autograph for "his wife". Tom told him politely no he could not do that as it would not be fair to everyone waiting at his booth but the guy tried a few more times after that. You could see that Tom was a bit annoyed. lol

Tom Payne