• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tomorrow's Treasures slabs now?

108 posts in this topic

Tomorrow's Treasures (ebay seller) seems to has been sending his books to be graded.

What's this world coming to?

At a quick glance it seems like prices might be more reasonable but I'm not sure.

Yeah, he started doing his at least a year ago. He had a long explanation on his site.

If you want to buy something from him, go through his site and make him an offer. You can also call him up to dicker over the price -- if you have an afternoon to kill! :D

Tomorrow's Treasures (ebay seller) seems to has been sending his books to be graded.

What's this world coming to?

At a quick glance it seems like prices might be more reasonable but I'm not sure.

Yeah, he started doing his at least a year ago. He had a long explanation on his site.

If you want to buy something from him, go through his site and make him an offer. You can also call him up to dicker over the price -- if you have an afternoon to kill! :D

OMG. So true.

and over-grades his books.

and considers restoration as " conservation ". lol

Well, he always tried to distinguish the two -- which CGC does as well now.

In my experience, he was always upfront about the work done on the books he sells.

I like Richard. I enjoy his banter and he understands when I've had my full. If you take the time, you might find him reasonable. He can be uproariously funny. When he's in a mood I stay away.

In my experience, he was always upfront about the work done on the books he sells.

+1, on both of these statements by Sqeggs.

I like Rich and consider him to be a stand up dealer.He's also a nice guy, fun to talk to and deal with....and always has plenty of good stories, whenever I see him at shows.

+1, on both of these statements by Sqeggs.

I like Rich and consider him to be a stand up dealer.He's also a nice guy, fun to talk to and deal with....and always has plenty of good stories, whenever I see him at shows.

"Stand up dealers" don't sell books with detached covers that have been taped back on as "cover firmly attached" (yes...with tape) and then give you a raft of mess when you say "Hey, this cover isn't actually attached", effectively stealing your money by drawing higher bids than he would have gotten had the book simply been described accurately.

In his raw listings he still states that "The ONLY "slabbed" books I have sold or will sell [a few a year], are JOINTLY owned." He has 169 slabs on his site now. I guess it's possible that they're all jointly owned or a big consignment.

Mike

In his raw listings he still states that "The ONLY "slabbed" books I have sold or will sell [a few a year], are JOINTLY owned." He has 169 slabs on his site now. I guess it's possible that they're all jointly owned or a big consignment.

Mike

Or maybe he hasn't updated that language.