• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If it wasn't for bad luck,

41 posts in this topic

Harry...I too read your Post/Thread Title, and after reading the first line in your post.. my heart literally STOPPED when I got to the word.. BUT.. I could not read any further.

I too thought you were gonna say the books were PLOD.

DONT DO THAT EVER AGAIN 893naughty-thumb.gif.. you scared the living heck outa me.

It was like getting a phone call..........................................."Dad.. I had a car wreck.. and I am in the Hospital................................BUT................................................................................................................................................ everything is ok, I am fine".

Meanwhile Dad is on the floor passed out after never hearing what came after the word BUT.

So in the end.. let us know how the story ends when the boys get back from out West. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

And note to self.. if you wanna send in books for Walk thru service..next time look at the upcoming Con Schedule.

(We all learn the hard way it seems dont we?.. at least I always seem to.)

Good luck.. and as others have said.. I too wish I had YOUR problems!

Ze-

Harry...I too read your Post/Thread Title, and after reading the first line in your post.. my heart literally STOPPED when I got to the word.. BUT.. I could not read any further.

I too thought you were gonna say the books were PLOD.

DONT DO THAT EVER AGAIN 893naughty-thumb.gif.. you scared the living heck outa me.

It was like getting a phone call..........................................."Dad.. I had a car wreck.. and I am in the Hospital................................BUT................................................................................................................................................ everything is ok, I am fine".

Meanwhile Dad is on the floor passed out after never hearing what came after the word BUT.

So in the end.. let us know how the story ends when the boys get back from out West. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

And note to self.. if you wanna send in books for Walk thru service..next time look at the upcoming Con Schedule.

(We all learn the hard way it seems dont we?.. at least I always seem to.)

Good luck.. and as others have said.. I too wish I had YOUR problems!

Ze-

kenny - when Gemma called my heart was in my throat because she mentioned there was a problem........... 893whatthe.gif

then she explained the lack of graders and i breathed a sigh of relief.

these books cannot be PLOD'd as they are all true originals from Sid's.................. thumbsup2.gif........ this summer i will have owned that FF #1 for 44 years....... cloud9.gif

Do you think CGC will do anyhting to cover the fact that they were not able to have your books to you in the time frame for which you paid?

that's an interesting question and one that i'd like to think that they take into consideration from time to time.

the BEST solution would be to get better than anticipated grades with no corresponding request for additional fees....... grin.gifcloud9.gif

Kenny - here's FF#1 out of it's mylar for the last time;

1109429964940_FF_s_012.jpg

Harry... words cannot express

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gif

All of the above greamlins still seem pale.

In your hands since off the rack.. how cool is that!

How many times did you actually read that book?... to me that is the real fun. I know to read a HG Key is a sin.. but there is just something about reading the real McCoy.

Or did you read it carefully many times back in the day.. before you " knew any better"

Kenny

Harry... words cannot express

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifhail.gif893whatthe.gif

All of the above greamlins still seem pale.

In your hands since off the rack.. how cool is that!

How many times did you actually read that book?... to me that is the real fun. I know to read a HG Key is a sin.. but there is just something about reading the real McCoy.

Or did you read it carefully many times back in the day.. before you " knew any better"

Kenny

it was well-loved (read) back in the day.

the BC has some rubbing on the URC that will hold the grade down. still, i wouldn't kick it out of bed............ devil.gif

West and Newt are still in Sarasota. confused-smiley-013.gif

of course they are probably busy dressing Newt up as Princess Amadala for the upcoming line for Star Wars.

If you are gonna make fun of me get it right.....

It was a Princess Leia metal bikini costume!!! frustrated.gif

And Amadala (Padme) wasn't a princess lol...she was a Queen and then a Senator.

Wow I'm a nerd.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I have a possible 10.0 I'm waiting for them to grade. It should have been graded last week. frown.gif

Spider-Ham #1 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

I WISH! 27_laughing.gif

No. Soulfire #1 Diamond Previews edition. Nothing too special, but a 10 is a 10 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

For a second there I thought the news was going to be worse than that - i.e. a PLOD or two (God forbid).

They aint looked at 'em yet... 893whatthe.gif

Uh, these are original owner books - how could they be PLODs?

Do you think CGC will do anyhting to cover the fact that they were not able to have your books to you in the time frame for which you paid?

that's an interesting question and one that i'd like to think that they take into consideration from time to time.

the BEST solution would be to get better than anticipated grades with no corresponding request for additional fees....... grin.gifcloud9.gif

Kenny - here's FF#1 out of it's mylar for the last time;

1109429964940_FF_s_012.jpg

hail.gifhail.gifhail.gifcloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif