• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comments on CAF?

95 posts in this topic

What is your normal modus operandi?

I comment as much as possible - it encourages interaction and I am a chatty Cathy

I comment very infrequently - only the best pieces warrant a comment

I never comment on CAF - I don't see a reason to do it

I definitely fall toward the end of the spectrum of those that comment a lot. I am often surprised at the lack of comments on some really great art - not just stuff from before a lot of CAFers joined. There seems to be a culture of not commenting a lot - is it just me?

I only comment on pieces I really like

Like as in you would like to add it to your collection or also for pieces you like/appreciate bit not necessarily of interest to your collecting taste?

Comment on your Hulk page BTW - very nice!

I comment on anything that I find interesting, sometimes just digging through with various searches just to see what's out there. I too am surprised by historic and exceptional pieces of art with only two or three comments.

I agree with this very much. I can tend to get lost in CAF searches and/or a person's gallery, often spending a good chunk of time viewing art. When I do, I like to leave comments as appreciation for being able to view the art.

I tend to comment on pieces I like alot, so in the middle. What I dod not do is "like" a piece. Thats just plain lazy. If you like it enough to select that option then why not just comment.

Agree about the like option but I suppose that is an option for people who don't post comments? Don't totally get it myself.

I used to comment a lot and not just the usual "cool" or "that's awesome" type. But over the last several years, I've not done much commenting at all. I use the "like" feature now, as it is just much easier. I, instead, have turned that writing focus on the descriptions I put on the pieces I add to my own personal OA collection. Feels a lot more worthwhile and productive.

I comment on stuff I like. If I click on the piece and my inner dialogue says, "WOW" I'll probably leave a comment. If it says "oh, that's nice" I don't comment. I've learned to listen to the voices in my head. :insane:

Comments aren't left only on pieces I'd like in my collection. I have commented on pieces I like but I'd never consider owning myself. (shrug)

I'd like to have more complete descriptions for the art I post, but I'm just not that wordy. I post the art. If you like it, fine. If you don't like it, fine. The art speaks for itself and for me.

I see it as part of the interactive aspect of CAF, I enjoy seeing the pages of art I've posted receive comments, so I try to comment on others pages in return. I leave comments on art that I run across that I really like. I don't have a lot of time to browse around CAF unfortunately but if I see something I like, even if it's not necessarily a page I'd have in my collection, I'll leave a comment.

I think I comment fairly frequently. Usually on pages I want to add to my collection but not always.

Lately, I have looked people up who post here to see what they have. It helps me get to know people even if i never speak or email them. Sometimes I will even leave comments. lol

I only comment on pieces I really like

Like as in you would like to add it to your collection or also for pieces you like/appreciate bit not necessarily of interest to your collecting taste?

Comment on your Hulk page BTW - very nice!

Pieces I really like. Some I would love to own, others not so much but really like and appreciate the work.

And thanks for the comment :applause:

I tend to leave short comments, but with the new year I plan on changing that with more depth ones...especially if I feel the art is under-appreciated (no comments or low view count), just because they aren't from Big Name Artists or Publishers.

I took a quick look. It seems I have posted 1,762 comments over the last 10 years. I never comment on my own pieces, so those are all on other peoples art. Also I don't tend to comment more than once on any piece.

There are times when I am not in the mood to leave comments, even though I should. But mostly, I comment on pieces that strike an interest in me outside of the norm. Not just things I myself collect at all. I have a huge range of interests beyond what I want to own. I really appreciate a lot beyond that relatively narrow window.

I comment infrequently, but when I do it's not necessarily because I like a piece enough that I'd want to own it myself. There are several pieces I've left comments on that I just appreciated, but would never want to own myself. I guess there are times I feel more compelled than others to add a message. Admittedly, I do feel like I should probably use commenting a little bit more. As odd as this may sound, there are many pieces that I love (they're favorited so I can revisit them) and just haven't commented on because any comment that comes to mind ends with "let me know if you decide you want to let this go".

I am astonished by some of the pieces that have low comment counts (even view counts), but I also acknowledge that I'm a contributor to that outcome as well. Conversely, I also don't want to comment for the sake of commenting. Now I'm just babbling.

I took a quick look. It seems I have posted 1,762 comments over the last 10 years. I never comment on my own pieces, so those are all on other peoples art. Also I don't tend to comment more than once on any piece.

There are times when I am not in the mood to leave comments, even though I should. But mostly, I comment on pieces that strike an interest in me outside of the norm. Not just things I myself collect at all. I have a huge range of interests beyond what I want to own. I really appreciate a lot beyond that relatively narrow window.

Interesting - I didn't know you could get a count of your comments. I will have to check that out.

EDIT: 1289 in 9+ years for me

My dilemma is whether to respond to comments made on some of my art. It seems polite to thank those who take the time to comment.

Ah, so this is what I was hoping would come up. I have heard similar comments in the past about when it is right/wrong to post comments. I personally don't see any issue with it at all.

But, I know comments directly correlates to one of the categories on CAF front page and I think some people have preconceived notions about how comments should be left, etc. I do not.