• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comments on CAF?

95 posts in this topic

My dilemma is whether to respond to comments made on some of my art. It seems polite to thank those who take the time to comment.

Ah, so this is what I was hoping would come up. I have heard similar comments in the past about when it is right/wrong to post comments. I personally don't see any issue with it at all.

But, I know comments directly correlates to one of the categories on CAF front page and I think some people have preconceived notions about how comments should be left, etc. I do not.

Some people clearly do this to pump up the numbers for that reason. I'll usually only reply to comments if their is a question or to clarify something a comment mentions.

My dilemma is whether to respond to comments made on some of my art. It seems polite to thank those who take the time to comment.

Ah, so this is what I was hoping would come up. I have heard similar comments in the past about when it is right/wrong to post comments. I personally don't see any issue with it at all.

But, I know comments directly correlates to one of the categories on CAF front page and I think some people have preconceived notions about how comments should be left, etc. I do not.

I've responded in instances where someone asked me a direct question. I also responded at least once in a joking manner when a collector I was very familiar with left a funny comment on a piece. Other than that I don't usually comment on my own pieces.

Sometimes comments can lead to discussions right there in the comment thread.

Sometimes those comment thread discussions can turn into absolute GOLD.

Like....this piece...the now world-famous "Ted Koppel" Huntress piece.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=250932&GSub=38858

I enjoy receiving comments, so will often click on the person's page, find a piece I like (if any), and comment. I've made a couple acquaintances this way. The same goes for people who often comment on my work -- I'll do the same for them.

Other than that, I typically only comment on pieces I'd like to see in my collection.

what was the grade on that before and after deslabbing? :shy:

Can't find it now, but there was a Chuck Norris cover on CAF a few years ago that had a dozens of Chuck Norris jokes in the comments section - it was a fun read

I remember that! Aww man...how could someone take that down. That comment thread should have been bronzed and preserved.

Can't find it now, but there was a Chuck Norris cover on CAF a few years ago that had a dozens of Chuck Norris jokes in the comments section - it was a fun read

I believe this is the piece you are thinking of:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=293256

YES!

Thanks goodness that's still there.... lol

Don't forget this one. http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=278853&GSub=43591

Don't forget this one. http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=278853&GSub=43591

OMG...yes!

Tony Marine, for some reason, believing the CAF comments section was actually the "I think I'm an art critic/art collection advisor" section and instead coming off like a red-assed baboon in the process.

Tony Marine, for some reason, believing the CAF comments section was actually the "I think I'm an art critic/art collection advisor" section and instead coming off like a red-assed baboon in the process.

Now that's a name I haven't seen in forever. Being a red-assed baboon myself...I have a kinder view ;)

I believe this is the piece you are thinking of:

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=293256

Awesome! Thanks - some of those comments are gold!

Now that's a name I haven't seen in forever. Being a red-assed baboon myself...I have a kinder view ;)

You've never fielded an offer from him on one of your Miller Dark Knight pages then. lol

Leaving and receiving comments make the CAF experience more fun and interactive for me. Generally, I leave 2-3 comments a week on pieces that I like and/or find interesting, and for cool pieces from different artists and titles that I discover on CAF. Half of my comments are on new additions from friends and my watched galleries, help celebrating as these collections evolve over time.

You've never fielded an offer from him on one of your Miller Dark Knight pages then. lol

Absolutely. I understand the great difference of opinion between mine* and those that have done or attempted to do business with Tony! Luckily I learned from those that came before and have kept my distance.

*Still a red-assed baboon - make no mistake :)

I find most people to be fun to hang around as long as there's no business involved.

Throwing business into the mix brings out pretty much everything you won't like about that person.

So you are wise to act as you have.

"Anchor Jet Li" still makes me cry.

That Chuck cover is awesome. Can't believe I've never seen that before. Hope that ends up getting the most comments on CAF.

1423 over 10 years

I comment frequently. The targets tend to be:

1) Art I'd like to own

2) Something that someone got and is really excited about and tells me why in the description

3) Cool images

I use the Like button most commonly on a cool image where I have nothing specific to say.

When I get a comment, I will usually go to the commenters gallery and say thanks. If I have time, I'll cruise their gallery to see if they have anything I like. I enjoy doing that not as a "comment for a comment," but because I assume that if they like something of mine they probably have something that I'll want to see.

I will use the "Most Impressions" and "Most comments" options to view the entire gallery. I'll also look for favorite artists.