• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The next dollar bin hero

207 posts in this topic

You know the drill.. A comic has been sitting in the dollar bins for over a decade then POOF it blows the eff up! Think NM98/BA12 here...

So, which one do you predict will be the next big winner?

Rules:

Must be in the dollar bin for over a decade (ok or 5.00 dollar just so no nonsense arguments arise).

Must become at least a 700+ $$$

Must have anything from 30K print run or higher

Must be a first appearance (cameos welcome cough cough)

Must be discussed until sunrise tomorrow while Friday lasts

Pick a book that is currently sitting in $1-$5 bins, and has been for a decade, that MUST become at least $700+?

Jeez, if I could do that...

It's almost impossible in this day and age to find a book that's $1-$5 that hasn't gone up due to speculation sites etc

There are plenty of books under $5 that should go up but not in the $700 range

There's a few books I really like at under $5 that have $100+ potential

There's plenty of under $100 books that can go up to $700 range (crow 1 raw)

It's almost impossible in this day and age to find a book that's $1-$5 that hasn't gone up due to speculation sites etc

There are plenty of books under $5 that should go up but not in the $700 range

There's a few books I really like at under $5 that have $100+ potential

There's plenty of under $100 books that can go up to $700 range (crow 1 raw)

That's kinda why I started this topic. There are plenty of spec posts in here that are based on educated guesses. But this is pure speculation based on your gut instinct. There's no right or wrong...

No one. I mean NO ONE could've predicted NM98 or BA12 much like no one could predict the next big dollar bin champ. But it would be fun to see what you think. Just imagine if you're right..

On that note.. Maybe X-Man #15 1st Onslaught cameo. Could cause quite the controversy if it is...

Hollywood should buy up all the issues when they decide to do a movie. Eg if a Nexus movie gets green light, buy em up. This will fund the next movie etc.

Hollywood should buy up all the issues when they decide to do a movie. Eg if a Nexus movie gets green light, buy em up. This will fund the next movie etc.

I always suspected that insiders that arent earning ceo type money may do just that.