• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The next dollar bin hero

207 posts in this topic

My picks... since I now have obtained a few of each.

Starbrand #1 - 1st Starbrand

Bloodshot #6 - 1st Ninjak

I always thought Starbrand would make it big.

Jim Shooter`s pre-Valiant hero!

(thumbs u

If only there were mail in variants and coupons with the NU run.. If only...

Nah.. Still wouldnt change a thing

If they put him in a Marvel movie I could see an increase.

Starbrand was a pretty good quality series.

First it was Jim Shooter and John Romita Jr,than John Byrne.

If any New Universe movies get the Hollywood treatment. It be Starbrand.

My picks... since I now have obtained a few of each.

Starbrand #1 - 1st Starbrand

Bloodshot #6 - 1st Ninjak

I always thought Starbrand would make it big.

Jim Shooter`s pre-Valiant hero!

(thumbs u

If only there were mail in variants and coupons with the NU run.. If only...

Nah.. Still wouldnt change a thing

If they put him in a Marvel movie I could see an increase.

Starbrand was a pretty good quality series.

First it was Jim Shooter and John Romita Jr,than John Byrne.

If any New Universe movies get the Hollywood treatment. It be Starbrand.

I bought all of them when they came out and actually liked them all at the time. Fun books.

It was refreshing to see a whole new line of books with new properties and tie ins etc. I remember getting them when they came out thinking to myself, I wonder who will be the next Spider-Man, or the next X-Men.. Ahhhh sweet memories...

But the only book that I ever recall that had a little spike from that series was The Pitt (wasnt it also Marvel's 1st Prestige format book?)

Either way, good luck with Star Brand!

OK heres a wild one for ya...

Access

Just a thought.. If Marvel ever teams up with DC for a line of movies, and if they follow the Amalgam concept alot of these books may see a huge spike in price from their current dollar bin status and the one to own would probably be DC vs Marvel #1 for Access' 1st appearance.

Lies all lies!

Come to think of it, I guess "the good stuff" is Ex-Mutants, The Adventurers, and Dynamo Joe.

Wasn't the Adventurers #1 something like a $50 to $100 book back in the day? :tonofbricks:

I guess you also shouldn't forget about sure fire winners such as Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters, Samurai Penguin, Red Fox, etc. lol

Lies all lies!

Come to think of it, I guess "the good stuff" is Ex-Mutants, The Adventurers, and Dynamo Joe.

Wasn't the Adventurers #1 something like a $50 to $100 book back in the day? :tonofbricks:

I guess you also shouldn't forget about sure fire winners such as Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters, Samurai Penguin, Red Fox, etc. lol

HAMSTERS rule!!!! - I have to pop for a Fiala book!!!!!!!

Lies all lies!

It was!

I actually had a store owner tell me that ARBBHs was going to be as hot as TMNT back in the day. I still only bought 1 .. at cover price .. minus my 10% discount :)

Wasn't the Adventurers #1 something like a $50 to $100 book back in the day?

---

Really? You mean the variant cover?

My LCS used to put them (mostly the regular cover) out in the dollar box, he had a ton of them.

Obvious pick but New Mutants 86 can be had for less than $5 still if you look. I don't think it will get anywhere near $700 but I do think it will see a big price jump once Cable is officially announced for the movie and people see how NM87 has already skyrocketed to out of reach (for many) price-points

Lies all lies!

It was!

I actually had a store owner tell me that ARBBHs was going to be as hot as TMNT back in the day. I still only bought 1 .. at cover price .. minus my 10% discount :)

I picked a bunch of those books up a few weeks back at 3/$1. I don't think they'll be worth as much as they were back in the 80s but its always cool to pick up once hot books for so cheap.

Wasn't the Adventurers #1 something like a $50 to $100 book back in the day?

---

Really? You mean the variant cover?

My LCS used to put them (mostly the regular cover) out in the dollar box, he had a ton of them.

Yes, if I remember correctly, the so-called rare variant with the skeleton in the bottom right corner. :tonofbricks:

Incognito #1

There's been a movie planned for some time. It's perfect for a movie, and if it happens this book will pop.

Incognito_1.jpg

It may not happen this year but I see a time when Wolverine & Kitty Pryde will be pulled from the $1 boxes. The story line is a perfect movie. Kitty Pryde is such an under utilized character that it would be nice to see her darker side.

I thought someone already mentioned Grimjack early on.

-Terry

Grimjack, Scout, American Flagg.. Any of those could hit, but I doubt theyll be like Deadpool/Harley etc..

I think the key here is to find a character/book that has a niche market, or a small cult following, which hasnt exploded yet. No one mentioned Rat Queens, but I still believe that this book can become explosive with the right marketing. It does have a die hard following base and although its not a 1 bin book its quite affordable for around a Hamilton