• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spider-man 129 Time to BUY before it reaches $10,000?

52 posts in this topic

For this book to get to $10k in a 9.8, hulk 181 would have to be back at $20k. I don't see either happening anytime soon. Also, the "PQ" on the label doesn't affect the price on the book one way or the other, as the most recent GPA sale low of the book in a 9.6 was $2450 for one with "white pages" on the label and the extreme high sale of $3200 you speak of said "ow/w".

By the way, welcome to the Boards !

-J.

I have a line on a 9.6 with white pages but it will run me about $3200. I thought white pages vs OW/W affects price.....

There are buyers out there who seek out and are willing to pay a premium for white paged comics. It's probably a small OCD type group but they definitely exist. Many are on this board.

Having said that, according to CGC census:

ASM 129 = 91 copies @ 9.6

Hulk 181 274 @ 9.6

So thats a 3:1 ratio seems to me ASM 129 is under-valued and is starting to reach its potential.

How did all you guys get your Hulk 181 etc? I figure I have waited long enough, it is time to buy the bronze age keys from my childhood.

Amazing Spidey 129 121 122

Nova 1

Ms Marvel 1

Marvel Spotlight (spider-woman, Moon Knight, Ghost Rider)

Ghost Rider 1

Champions 1

Marvel team up 1

Hulk 181

Iron Man 55

I already have Spider-woman 1, waiting on a Amazing 194 from CGC (Black Cat). I have many early Silver/Bronze age books of Major Marvel characters....

Got some of the DC keys i want like Jimmy Olsen 134 & Batman 232, New Teen Titans, 2, Legends1, 2, SS 1

Want to grab:

New Gods 1

Mister Miracle 1

Forever People 1

I also purchased book that I loved as a kid but not necessary keys:

Freedom Fighters #1 9.6 (I have the entire run)

Rima #1 9.6

Sandman (#1 kirby) 9.6

Here is an ASM 129 CGC 9.8 that just fetched over $11K via B/O last week on ebay. Had a BIN of $11,999.

If you do an advanced search under sold auctions by highest first and type in amazing spider-man CGC; it pops up right over an AF #15 slab that sold for $11,300.

Not a legit sale. Seller has already relisted it (again).

-J.

Here is an ASM 129 CGC 9.8 that just fetched over $11K via B/O last week on ebay. Had a BIN of $11,999.

If you do an advanced search under sold auctions by highest first and type in amazing spider-man CGC; it pops up right over an AF #15 slab that sold for $11,300.

Not a legit sale. Seller has already relisted it (again).

-J.

Nice catch. I should have double checked. I was only in completed auctions side. But it is interesting though that it seems inventory on 9.8's is a bit thin right now. If you do a completed search, meaning it pulls up any listings sold and unsold; there is only the one above and one other currently active on ebay with a BIN near $20K. I have not tracked this book actively in a few years so I will stop typing now.

I am going after a 9.6 not a 9.8... 9.8 is out of the ball park already. I think the 9.6 will too given the extremely low number of them around (< 100)
Probably considerably less than 100. More like a handful of books squished more times than the Charmin.

I am going after a 9.6 not a 9.8... 9.8 is out of the ball park already. I think the 9.6 will too given the extremely low number of them around (< 100)
Probably considerably less than 100. More like a handful of books squished more times than the Charmin.
:shy:

Amazing Spider-man 129 Time to BUY before it reaches $10,000?

Nope. Just do the legwork - you'll find a nice copy at a reasonable price before then. Kids these days, just don't wanna do the work. :preach:lol

Legwork? What does that mean? Find a raw copy and CGC it? You will NEVER find a 9.6 and I don't think I have the eye to spot one and I dont trust raw copies on ebay. Those dudes notorious;y over grade! .

$4000 Canadian for a 9.6 is reasonable!

sorry the 9.8 > 100

9.6 = 279

Legwork? What does that mean? Find a raw copy and CGC it? You will NEVER find a 9.6 and I don't think I have the eye to spot one and I dont trust raw copies on ebay. Those dudes notorious;y over grade! .

sorry the 9.8 > 100

9.6 = 279

Okay that's more like it. I did a :o

after it was posted less than 100 9.6's out there.

Awesome! Thank you. I want to become a member of the ASM 129 club. And I agree with the members, grab ASM 129 before it becomes another Hulk 181!

And are some of you saying that a book is only worth getting if it is a 9.8? I would say any 9.). 9.2, 9.4. 9.6 is fine. Many 9.8s get ridiculously over priced.

sorry the 9.8 > 100

9.6 = 279

I have bought and slabbed raw copies on eBay that have come back 9.2/9.4/9.6. They are out there....this is ASM 129 we are talking about. Not exactly rare.

:shy:

lol