• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 1, Should be a good gauge on REAL market value:

126 posts in this topic

I'm just wondering how much could possibly be trimmed. The top edge looks very similar to the recent eBay sale.

Good question. I just think people see "trimming" on the label and they will pass no matter what. Thus, the amount of trimming really doesn't matter. However, it really comes down to whether trimming is a defect that bothers you or not. I know some people who are not that bothered by trimming. It's all about personal preference.

For me with regard to a trimmed book it really depends on the actual book and the extent and or quality of the work.. I have seen books before & after a trim & if its done right and isn't too deep it really can make a book present a lot better, I have also seen books cut too much and it looks ridiculous. For example when a Batman #1 no longer has much of #1 on the cover it may be smart to leave the book as is.

I am telling you there are people out there happy to have just a page of Bat 1.

I would get the book now and upgrade if you can. Trim or no trim its still a complete Bat 1 just my O.

I am telling you there are people out there happy to have just a page of Bat 1.

I would get the book now and upgrade if you can. Trim or no trim its still a complete Bat 1 just my O.

Agreed. Those who begged to differ in years past now have to pay much more to obtain a copy today.