• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BOSTON COMIC CON - AUG. 12-14, 2016 - BOSTON, MA

118 posts in this topic

I just met RMA in person :banana:
I'm here. I want to meet RMA
how much you got in your PayPal? I can arrange a meet and great Sunday.

You could probably arrange a meet, but I don't know how great it will be.

hm

PS. I met Junkie in person! He's a kick in the pants. I hope he doesn't mind me calling him Junkie!

PPS. I debated whether to introduce myself. I'm glad I did. ;)

For those of you attending here is an artist I'm not very familiar with that will have a booth. I saw this piece and thought it was pretty interesting. The artists name is JaCo Tartaruga and he'll be at table #D904. To check out more of his work his site is http://jacotartaruga.com

28kooir.jpg

Took your advice and went and met JaCo yesterday. I told him I'd bring him in a small stack of WD109 blanks and in turn he did a few sketches for me. Here is one

image_zpshkv3pmuh.jpeg

That is awesome Junkdrawer, congrats on such a unique piece!

Yes, that's quite stunning.

Childhood dream accomplished today, met Bernie Wrightson.

He signed two Hulk books for me, a great print collab he had done with Francesco Francavilla for Mondo, and my hardcover Frankenstein book!

And to top it off, bought two originals from him as well. What a day, and 15 minutes from my house means no crazy traveling with artwork :acclaim:

Did anyone happen to notice JaCo's rates on a blank?
I saw a few completed on his table around $115 ea. Let me see if I can locate a Tick blank and see if I can get some ink on it. He's never done Michione before, but he's agreed to do another cover for me. He's researching. Can't wait to post it.

I'm exhausted.

Was it me or was it way more packed than usual this year?

I'm burnt out as well....maybe I'm just getting old :insane:

It was super crowded and super hot. Navigating the aisles sucks the energy out of you. Good guest list this year though. Sam Keith was cool as hell and Howard Chaykin was surly and sweary and hilarious.

Excellent experience
You back to the con tomorrow? Free parking on Sunday you can park all day at a meter. Dont go to a lot. Save your money.

No, on a flight back home at 3am. Really wish I could stop by and say goodbye, I had a ticket for today but decided to skip out and take in the sights with the better half. Glad I did.

I really had an awesome time, and I will make attempts to come back in the future :)

Excellent experience
You back to the con tomorrow? Free parking on Sunday you can park all day at a meter. Dont go to a lot. Save your money.

No, on a flight back home at 3am. Really wish I could stop by and say goodbye, I had a ticket for today but decided to skip out and take in the sights with the better half. Glad I did.

I really had an awesome time, and I will make attempts to come back in the future :)

You are a lucky guy, Pam is a good one.

Excellent experience

You are a lucky guy, Pam is a good one.

Thanks. I am really lucky, sad part is, she is well aware of it lol