• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

On 4/9/2017 at 9:17 AM, ygogolak said:

There are more than 250 made. They sold guaranteed 9.8s. If you get a case of comics they won't all be 9.8s. The grader said they would destroy the remainder.

Happen to have a link to where it was said that the remaining copies would be destroyed?

11 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Yeah, I snagged one from Doug's guaranteed 9.8 sale. I figure its gonna be a hard one to get in 9.8 since its black so didn't want to risk doing it through a pre-sale. Im not the biggest Venom fan, but I do like that cover.

Whaaaat, when was this? How do I contact Doug? Are they still available ?

3 minutes ago, MDR123 said:

Whaaaat, when was this? How do I contact Doug? Are they still available ?

I believe there sold out....he has a pm going though, if you pm him he should be able to add you to it.....there are different comics he's coming up with etc. but as far as this specific one, think there sold out

Pm DScott (Doug from ComicSketchArt). He has a pm thread for C2E2. Just ask to be added to it. He posts things in there. 

I think they are all sold out, but he might be taking a waiting list. Its been extremely popular. If you don't get one from him, KRS comics (where he is getting them) is selling them raw for $65.

15 hours ago, Hickok8AA8 said:

Venom #150 1:25

Pure sex. I actually like the minimalism on this one, some may call it lazy.

img_8442.jpg

Im actually very, VERY surprised this is going to be the actual cover. Looks like Marvel didnt want to shell out the $$$ for him to paint one so they just lined up to get one of his con sketches.

2 hours ago, Nino_013 said:

Im actually very, VERY surprised this is going to be the actual cover. Looks like Marvel didnt want to shell out the $$$ for him to paint one so they just lined up to get one of his con sketches.

Nothing about the cover screams Dell'Otto.  That cover could have been done by half a dozen other artists.  I'm sure Marvel doesn't care though, since apparently the name is going to be enough to sell this, even if this is one of the more lukewarm submissions by what is otherwise a gifted artist.

Do we know for a fact that is the final artwork?

Edited by rjrjr

4 hours ago, rjrjr said:

Nothing about the cover screams Dell'Otto.  That cover could have been done by half a dozen other artists.  I'm sure Marvel doesn't care though, since apparently the name is going to be enough to sell this, even if this is one of the more lukewarm submissions by what is otherwise a gifted artist.

Do we know for a fact that is the final artwork?

It's a pastel/chalk on black paper.   It's actually a medium he uses a lot.  But you're right, I don't know if I've ever seen one used as an official cover. I definitely dig it though, and almost purchased one from a boardie a while ago.   Kind of wish I had... 

-J.

6 hours ago, Nino_013 said:

A lot of his covers are a figure floating in a weird void (shrug)

Typically they're not quite as minimalist as this though. I don't hate it though.

On March 1, 2016 at 8:01 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Do any of you gents by any chance know how one might get in touch with Dell'otto or his representative regarding a commission ?

Any info would be much appreciated.

-J.

I am in touch with his agent. I have 3 sketches that he was selling me. PM me if you want to see the sketch.

8 hours ago, Nino_013 said:

The textures in his paintings is what I enjoy most about his art.