• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, ygogolak said:

What's the agreement? Poster said they were being upfront with everything. There are buying agreements made between retailers. Not saying it's happening here, but being transparent was offered.

Respect is required for transparency and you’ve shown none and a statement of “explain this Bulletproof “ definitely shows none. So I’m on here on my free will not getting paid by BP definitely not getting paid by CGC but doing it out of love for Dell’Otto art and trying to help

bit theirs folks like you that just spread false info, challenge what I’m saying, when I’m doing it out of transparency and truth. 

7 hours ago, IntoAnother said:

:bump:

Hey Polimer, care to answer this question now?

My role is an advisor and friend to Hank. I help him out, and one point we were trying to expand the business into other avenues together. At this point I volunteer at a penitentiary in NY working with inmates who are artists and writers  and using my connections to bring guest artists and writers to come speak to them. And I get donations of books for them. Bulletproof is a primary donor. Hank and are friends and still shares with me what’s going on ... helps out other stores if I ask... shares the prelim sketches for my input asks for my design input etc. and allows me to share certain info with you other info I can’t as it is classified due to contractual obligations with DC. Like I can’t share the sketches publicly because DC only wants finished covers to be seen.

42 minutes ago, Polirer said:

My role is an advisor and friend to Hank. I help him out, and one point we were trying to expand the business into other avenues together. At this point I volunteer at a penitentiary in NY working with inmates who are artists and writers  and using my connections to bring guest artists and writers to come speak to them. And I get donations of books for them. Bulletproof is a primary donor. Hank and are friends and still shares with me what’s going on ... helps out other stores if I ask... shares the prelim sketches for my input asks for my design input etc. and allows me to share certain info with you other info I can’t as it is classified due to contractual obligations with DC. Like I can’t share the sketches publicly because DC only wants finished covers to be seen.

Whenever I see anyone share partial details as the whole truth of their unpaid efforts on this planet while peppering the explanation with tales of virtue my spidey-sense tingles. lol

Carry on....

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Whenever I see anyone share partial details as the whole truth of their unpaid efforts on this planet while peppering the explanation with tales of virtue my spidey-sense tingles. lol

Carry on....

Is making thinly veiled suggestions of duplicity/dishonesty against an individual in a public forum based on nothing more than "Spidey senses" supposed to be taking the high road? (shrug)

-J.

19 minutes ago, Avi said:

Seems like we need a separate thread for the discussion of print runs and if they are valid or true or whatever.

Can we bring this thread back to Dell'Otto and his art.

Thanks! and Happy thanksgiving all!

+1

1 hour ago, Avi said:

Seems like we need a separate thread for the discussion of print runs and if they are valid or true or whatever.

+2 do you also want me not to share advance intel on Bulletproof books? Is that causing a distraction?

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:
2 hours ago, bababooey said:

Carry on....

Is making thinly veiled suggestions of duplicity/dishonesty against an individual in a public forum based on nothing more than "Spidey senses" supposed to be taking the high road? (shrug)

-J.

Tactics used to avoid a direct response and deflect scrutiny were my point.... I don't know where this "appreciation thread" turning into a pre-sale/discussion thread but it needs to be in the advertising or sales sub-forum if @Polirer believes the information he's sharing isn't open to comment, scrutiny, trolling etc.. 

I can read back in this thread and offer an opinion on what others are asking about but I first need to finish bottle feeding this litter of stray kittens then drop off some canned goods and used clothing at the homeless shelter. meh

Edited by bababooey

22 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Tactics used to avoid a direct response and deflect scrutiny were my point.... I don't know where this "appreciation thread" turning into a pre-sale/discussion thread but it needs to be in the advertising or sales sub-forum if @Polirer believes the information he's sharing isn't open to comment, scrutiny, trolling etc.. 

I can read back in this thread and offer an opinion on what others are asking about but I first need to finish bottle feeding this litter of stray kittens then drop off some canned goods and used clothing at the homeless shelter. meh

lol I see what you did there.   

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

34 minutes ago, Polirer said:

+2 do you also want me not to share advance intel on Bulletproof books? Is that causing a distraction?

+3

Sharing here is fine, this is the Dell'otto appreciation thread and getting a heads up on his upcoming books from you is no different then the folks talking about JSC's upcoming books put up on his website.  

-J.

43 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Baba you can ask questions of me but I just ask people to be respectful especially if they want me to continue to share info. My info doesn’t come from scouring the web it’s insider info. I don’t see anyone else providing us Dell’Otto fans with that.

scrutiny sure again respectfully. But trying to prove me wrong or saying what I’m saying or what Bulletproof shares is fake. Not cool.

1 hour ago, Polirer said:

I think sharing info about Dell'Otto books is fine and appreciated.

11 hours ago, .mike said:

Lol, that's stupid. Is that supposed to be logic? A subject doesn't appeal to you, but you knowing an elementary fact about the subject means that you know what you're talking about? 

Your still here riding my jock. Go away child

5 hours ago, Polirer said:

Really... you can’t use my handle... did you not learn basic convo skills.

Still evading. You look real silly so I hope your pointless wisecracking helps you hide from the fact that you put yourself out there as something you are not and got called out on it.

But that's ok...you can be whatever you choose to "identify with" even if it's fake. Welcome to America.

3 hours ago, Avi said:

Print runs are relevant to this thread when members turn it into a sales thread with repeated updates about books going up for sale and inventory counts.

On 11/21/2017 at 8:43 PM, Polirer said:

Jay you know you have the most respect from me out of everyone here. But it’s hard, when your passionate about something and people want to put false info and bash it. I love Dell’Ottos work, my original painted blank is being done now as we speak. I’ve decided not to sell my 667 rather sell off other books. You know as does Pete, Kev, and Max that I’m affiliated with Bulletproof and my info is legit, I see the Dell’Otto sketches before the final covers, I’ve had a say if sketches don’t look right and what Dell’Otto should fix. I explained how the process works but these guys don’t listen/read correctly. So I’ll think about it. But I rather not hear the noise. Rather just message you four directly.

@Polirer

Why are retyping the same response to Jay that you posted a couple days ago?   

18 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Jay you know you have the most respect from me out of everyone here. But it’s hard, when your passionate about something and people want to put false info and bash it. I love Dell’Ottos work, my original painted blank is being done now as we speak. I’ve decided not to sell my 667 rather sell off other books. You know as does Pete, Kev, and Max that I’m affiliated with Bulletproof and my info is legit, I see the Dell’Otto sketches before the final covers, I’ve had a say if sketches don’t look right and what Dell’Otto should fix. I explained how the process works but these guys don’t listen/read correctly. So I’ll think about it. But I rather not hear the noise. Rather just message you four directly.

hm