• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, RattyLa said:

I don’t know exactly what they do with them, which is why I said most likely.

they do have those extra 400 copies through which none of the stores have publicly said what they do with them.

Yes they have. Some that have done the guaranteed 9.8s and no raws have  them sent to the grading company who destroys the remainder printed. Thing is, they always print more than they say to cover damage, comps and test prints. They always print more than is advertised. It's not up to the retailer.

Even Bulletproof is saying the virgin is limited to 1,000 and they will all be 9.6 or higher. But in the last they have accounted for 20% damage. So, they are printing at least 1,200 would be my guess.

21 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yes they have. Some that have done the guaranteed 9.8s and no raws have  them sent to the grading company who destroys the remainder printed. Thing is, they always print more than they say to cover damage, comps and test prints. They always print more than is advertised. It's not up to the retailer.

Even Bulletproof is saying the virgin is limited to 1,000 and they will all be 9.6 or higher. But in the last they have accounted for 20% damage. So, they are printing at least 1,200 would be my guess.

BP prints 1000 and badly damaged comes out of overall profits when there are profits on a project, again stop assuming and putting out false info.

27 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

You are talking about the extremely limited 250 graded copies like dell’ottos iron fist cover.

they didn’t do that with any of the venom dell’otto covers. Print run of 600 virgins raw not graded, no mention of what they did with the other 400 raw copies

11 hours ago, Polirer said:

BP prints 1000 and badly damaged comes out of overall profits when there are profits on a project, again stop assuming and putting out false info.

The Harley pinks they said 1,000 and stated 200 will be assumed damaged. Now they are saying 950 GUARANTEED 9.6 and 60 graded 9.8s.

Where the assumption? I'm drawing parallels from facts.

11 hours ago, RattyLa said:

You are talking about the extremely limited 250 graded copies like dell’ottos iron fist cover.

they didn’t do that with any of the venom dell’otto covers. Print run of 600 virgins raw not graded, no mention of what they did with the other 400 raw copies

Yes, and you said nobody's had stated what they do with extras but I just did.

40 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

The Harley pinks they said 1,000 and stated 200 will be assumed damaged. Now they are saying 950 GUARANTEED 9.6 and 60 graded 9.8s.

Where the assumption? I'm drawing parallels from facts.

Buddy, you can’t print in quantities of 200. Your making parallels but you don’t have facts of publishers. Or of the store. You just have what we share. For instance how did metal 2 sell out and then we have them now available? Because we go back to the publisher and fight for replacements, or eventually say sold out even though we still have crappy issues that we won’t sell. 

So in the case of Metal 5 when the virgins do sell out and if Diamond does send crappy books, printer damaged, or damaged during shipping, we’ll have to go back to DC for replacements and destroy original shipments.

again stop making assumptions and drawing conclusions when you don’t know. All you’re doing is spreading false information about a store that i love and misguiding friends here on this board that I care about.

3 hours ago, Polirer said:

Single virgins sold out

cgc 9.8 ss sold out

133 sets that include the virgin are all that’s left to get a virgin 

Thanks, I had to get the set in order to get the virgin cover!

4 hours ago, Polirer said:

Buddy, you can’t print in quantities of 200. Your making parallels but you don’t have facts of publishers. Or of the store. You just have what we share. For instance how did metal 2 sell out and then we have them now available? Because we go back to the publisher and fight for replacements, or eventually say sold out even though we still have crappy issues that we won’t sell. 

So in the case of Metal 5 when the virgins do sell out and if Diamond does send crappy books, printer damaged, or damaged during shipping, we’ll have to go back to DC for replacements and destroy original shipments.

again stop making assumptions and drawing conclusions when you don’t know. All you’re doing is spreading false information about a store that i love and misguiding friends here on this board that I care about.

17 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Unfortunately, the "fake news" is the new way to spread your agenda in the U.S.

Nothing that I have said has been disproved by yourself or others in this thread.

I have bought several of Bulletproofs variants myself because they are great. That has nothing to do with what we are talking about which is how many are "printed" (we will never know).

Edited by ygogolak

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

Unfortunately, the "fake news" is the new way to spread your agenda in the U.S.

Nothing that I have said has been disproved by yourself or others in this thread.

I have bought several of Bulletproofs variants myself because they are great. That has nothing to do with what we are talking about which is how many are "printed" (we will never know).

Nothing has been disproven? Wow your pretty egotistical. 

When it comes to Bulletproof I have the knowledge regarding their printruns and how they work with DC. I’ve explained have you not read.

forget I’m not responding to you. The boardies here know that I am in the know when it comes to Bulletproof. So spread your lies, guesses, and such. Keep it up and all stop sharing what I know and providing insider news that is truth.

24 minutes ago, Polirer said:

When it comes to Bulletproof I have the knowledge regarding their printruns and how they work with DC. I’ve explained have you not read.

forget I’m not responding to you. The boardies here know that I am in the know when it comes to Bulletproof. So spread your lies, guesses, and such. Keep it up and all stop sharing what I know and providing insider news that is truth.

Egotistical...ok. I already apologized on the previous print runs a page back.

So, as you explained it. Bullet will get 1,000 copies and is selling 1,000 copies as 9.6 or better.

6 hours ago, Polirer said:

You're saying right there more than 1,000 will be printed.

Will replacements be printed at a later date? (2nd prints)

But then you also said quantities of 200 can't be printed. Which I agree they print to a certain number whether they need them or not (case?). So how are exact numbers of replacements going to be met?

Clear as mud.

Harley.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

7 minutes ago, Polirer said:

Can you show any proof for any the Bulletproof print run numbers?

I’m not talking about what Hank tells you either, or however else you obtain the information you have stated as fact in this thread. 

I can’t be the only one who feels it would be nice to see for once since you are clearly stating to know the information.

12 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

I’m not talking about what Hank tells you either, or however else you obtain the information you have stated as fact in this thread. 

I can’t be the only one who feels it would be nice to see for once since you are clearly stating to know the information.

I’m not going to share Bulletproof order documents

and I’ve already explained how the process works to the other guy. 

If you guys and gals don’t appreciate the insider info...it will no longer be posted here. The guys who appreciate know how to get in touch with me and I will continue to share with them.

but I’m not going to watch/read while the other guy throws falsities when Bulletproof is upfront and honest about printruns. We don’t claim 400, we state 1000 cause that’s the minimum.

1 hour ago, Polirer said:

If you guys and gals don’t appreciate the insider info...it will no longer be posted here. The guys who appreciate know how to get in touch with me and I will continue to share with them.

but I’m not going to watch/read while the other guy throws falsities when Bulletproof is upfront and honest about printruns. We don’t claim 400, we state 1000 cause that’s the minimum.

And then you get more because of damages. While others order 1,000 and possibly destroy the lower grades down to 600.

1 hour ago, IntoAnother said:

I think we both know that the only person that could know actual print runs is the printer.

Well, I for one appreciate the insider information. A good cover is a good cover regardless of the print runs. If you want one, you’ll need to get one before they sell out.

I’m obvisouly still new to the show, but I don’t understand why this just got so complicated. 

Thanks man and keep up the information!

Edited by rogue14
Verbiage

None of these retailers who commission cover variants are honest about true print runs. The fact that you have to advertise as being an insider and therefore you possess info the consumer does not, tells the consumer all they need to know about these advertised variants with alleged print runs attached.

2 minutes ago, Polirer said:

I figured as much but any sensitive information can easily be redacted. I respect the decision but if you happen to change your mind it really would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe you can answer these questions based off of past orders of 1000 Bulletproof Dell’Otto variants.

What’s the average number of comp copies printed over the 1000?

What’s the average number of replacement copies printed over the 1000?

To be clear, this isn’t for anything other than my own curiosity. I have no stake in this, I just appreciate the information. If you don’t know that’s fine, the worse thing you can say is you don’t know. 

As much as I know a couple of people posting in here love a good pile on, what Polirer is stating is, in reality, factually plausible, so in the absence of firsthand knowledge of actual fraud, maybe people should back off a little.  Some of us do appreciate the first hand looks and previews that he provides of the upcoming covers, and I for one would like it to continue.  

And just to clear up things a little, here's what I believe Polirer is saying, based on my own knowledge of how it works:

Bulletproof purchases or commissions a piece from Dell'otto, and the image is sent to DC for approval.  

Upon approval Bulletproof orders the minimum amount of copies, say four case packs of 250 from DC.

From those 1000, Bulletproof scraps all un-sellable damaged copies, anything that appears less than a guaranteed grade, and earmarks how ever many others for the creators, courtesy copies, copies for their own PC's, etc.  

If, after that, there is a shortfall, Bulletproof needs to go back to the publisher and order another case pack of 250.  HOWEVER.... there is no guarantee the publisher will provide this.  I have seen occasions where the publisher has told stores that whatever they first order is all they will ever get, regardless of damages, etc.  

The only real question someone could reasonably have is what happens if they get four case packs of pristine books that exceed the promised amount of availability.  

But we have seen what sometimes happens in that scenario- a second offering is provided.  That usually upsets the first round of buyers.  So stores stopped doing that.   Now we here that they destroy them.  We obviously don't know whether or not that is true for sure, but until someone releases an undercover hidden camera exposé, or we suddenly see a ridiculous glut of a supposedly print limited book somewhere, it is unreasonable and unfair to either directly or indirectly accuse them of lying.  

At the end of the day, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. I don't know about destroying comics but even if there are some left overs, by the way these stores work, and how much spoilage there is in a typical shipment, I highly doubt there are many, if any 9.8 candidates either getting thrown down a sewer, or being stored under somebody's desk for secret sales after the fact on eBay.    2c

So please, keep the great covers and the insider info coming Polirer.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules