• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

No, you can't split them up like that from what I understand. I'm not a retailer, so I don't know for certain. But from what I understand with Marvel you're getting 1,500 and then only selling 600.

So it’s a yes and yes to my original statement and more than likely just more  carny BS from one more retailer. 

The shenanigans to move these RARE retailer variants that ONLY have X available!!! is absurd.

9 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Just saw something that may or may not interest some of us on here. It’s more print related nothing to do with Dell’Otto but ASM 800 Mayew ultimate edition . Apparently Marvel and diamond have agreed to let only 300 copies TOTAL CBCS guaranteed grade 9.8 signed by Mayew and numbered out of 300. In the label designation it will also show only 300 exist so all other non 9.8 copies will be destroyed . This is first time ever this format is being done . No raw copies will be sold . I noticed today one on eBay pre sale for $ 700.00 USD it already sold I contacted seller to verify . This could be one of rarest Spidey covers yet . What ratio would that be?

C045C57D-6E62-4133-91ED-DB851415AC41.png

really dude ? pumping that here ?

Edited by ComicCollectorMatt

17 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

Yeah dude I’m pumping  that here. I have to listen to garbage on ASM 667 numbers all the time so the question was about rarity . I own more rare Dell’Otto stuff in my pinky finger thank you I’ll post whatever I want . I contribute good things to this thread .

is there are rarer ASM book? 300 copies worldwide I’d say is close to the top no? Even a ratio variant doesn’t come close to this 

I think he meant that it was going to be supported by voldy....:shy:

1 minute ago, Subby1938 said:

I’m not sure I understand ? I hope this doesn’t start s—t I just wanted to figure out ratio / rarity it’s always confused me 

That's fine with me and all, but after you speak of the exclusivity, all the glory goes to voldy....

Maybe reword it as, "hey did you hear about this ASM that is to be limited to 300- 9.8 copies, that's got to be the rarest thing I've ever seen! What's up with that?"

No worries... your a quality boardie and poster, no hard feelings.... just letting you know that it could be taken the wrong way, with anyone who wanted to pick a bone.... lol

No problems here. :foryou:

So they are slabbing 300 CBCS 9.8 copies? How many other 9.8s will turn up as they sell through the other copies as raws? I doubt that they will destroy the non-CBCS 9.8 copies.

Edited by kimik

49 minutes ago, williamblood said:

store exclusive not an incentive 

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

It's also not the first time it's been done.

Would you please elaborate. It's not in an incentive, so it has nothing to do with ratios and ordering? Also sometime books get exclusive to not only grading company but also store so they can manage how many are distributed to customers? In this case 300 - 9.8s?

18 minutes ago, Subby1938 said:

I’m not sure I understand ? I .... wanted to figure out ratio / rarity it’s always confused me 

2 minutes ago, kimik said:

So they are slabbing 300 CBCS 9.8 copies? How many other 9.8s will turn up as they sell through the other copies as raws?

He said no raws.

I edited too slowly. lol 

I doubt that they will destroy the non-9.8s. They will just surface at a later date as a convention exclusive or something like that.

3 minutes ago, kimik said:

I edited too slowly. lol 

I doubt that they will destroy the non-9.8s. They will just surface at a later date as a convention exclusive or something like that.

Lol probably ha. I quoted the others who said it had happened before, mainly for that reason.... had others this exclusive eventually resurfaced(?)

Seems like I had heard of it before with a DC book... not sure though :foryou:

Pretty much means it's expensive coming out of the gate and no guarantee..... also how would you get word of mouth going so no one just forgets about it in the future?

Seems risky (shrug)

8 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Would you please elaborate. It's not in an incentive, so it has nothing to do with ratios and ordering? Also sometime books get exclusive to not only grading company but also store so they can manage how many are distributed to customers? In this case 300 - 9.8s?

not an incentive ratio book. its no diffrent then any other store exclusive expect they to slab only

8 hours ago, kimik said:

I edited too slowly. lol 

the artist does get raws. the artist is the only one to get raws. same thing happened with action comics 1000 ultimate edition. my guess is artist get a few dozen raws

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ulitmate Iron Fist #1 Dell 'Otto

1 hour ago, Subby1938 said:

Issue 797 mayew did not resurface again it’s print run was higher than this 

Are you sure? 6 just popped up from one of the retailers for sale at a much lower cost than eBay.